1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

cant get my chips crispy! :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by miss.mooey, 5 June 2014 Social URL.

1. miss.mooey

miss.mooey Well-Known Member

I decided last week i wanted to try a few new veg and fruit that ive never tried or cooked with before... and here we come to my dilemma.

i have sweet potato and i CANNOT get them to go crispy in the oven :(
    I have tried par boiling, not par boiling, cooking them for 45 mins, higher temp and the list goes on. I even tried usin a potato chipper - needless to say that didnt work and nearly injured myself lol

Anyways just wondered if anyone would be my kitchen fairy and had a solution for me?

Thanks in advance :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. midwife1311

midwife1311 Well-Known Member

4. midwife1311

midwife1311 Well-Known Member

5. miss.mooey

Il give it a try... thanks :)

6. b_44

b_44 Well-Known Member

Are you leaving the skin on?

I've not tried it with sweet potato but when I use regular potatoes leaving the skin on crisps them up :) x

7. miss.mooey

Yup... i prefer my chips with skins

8. MrsTinaV

MrsTinaV Loving Married Life

9. Roziee

Roziee Well-Known Member

180 degrees for 45 mins. If they're not crushing up then first bake them until they're cooked then crank the heat up.

10. miss.mooey

ive got these but never thought to use them for my chips lol always use them for hubbys chips and onion rings... il give it a go :)

do u par boil them?

11. tranquility

tranquility Well-Known Member

12. Roziee

Roziee Well-Known Member

I don't parboil them no.