Just made the best chips!!

Estrella

I used rooster potatoes, sliced them into fairly thin chips (between a French fri and a chunky chip) par boiled, shook to rough up, dried with kitchen towel, sprayed with sunflower 1 cal spray (I think this makes the difference. Olive oil doesn't get hot enough) and then I sprinkled with onion salt!!! Cooked in oven on high (220*) for 20-25 mins. Shook half way through!!

I thought I'd share as I know a lot of posts have been about not being able to get the chips right and I know I've made batches and batches of soggy yucky ones, but these ones we deeelicious!

Thanks for that. I tried before and used fry light but haven't made them in long time. Will give it bash

I think the onion salt dries them out and stops them going squidgey too. Mm they were golden and lovely. I want another plate! Lol!

I always use "Red Roosters" make a mean chip! Have you tried making wedges instead, I don't peel the skins either, I found in our local Asian shop a can of spray for cooking with and it's no calaries according to the label, I will get a photo when I can and put it up, it is supposed to be good for hundreds of 1 second shots and it is like an oil when it comes out and settles in the pan, also no sticky pans as they do using frylight......

Please Pete as you are "Our father" in my mind as this forum goes can you help me with 2 questions Do you have to SYN couscous if used in it's cooked form(I do understand if you ground it and use it as flour that this is true but I thought that like rice and porridge oats if you use it as it's full form ie cooked it's free as it is to do with the weight! and satisfying and the fact that it does not create a sugar rush!
I feel it's easier to ask you than phone the help line
Thanks for your recipes ( all the ones I've tried have been brill ???)
Being Welsh I have adapted a fair few of my grandmother's specials to be SW friendly and when I have enough time I will post them.!
New recipes please
Thanks
BWJ xlol

No, you're right. You only have to syn it if you ground it down and use as flour as you can consume an excessive amount this way, whereas you wouldn't sit and eat 5 bowls of it normally. Lol. It is a great diet and most recipes can be edited into a sw friendly version! Good luck x

Estrella said:
No, you're right. You only have to syn it if you ground it down and use as flour as you can consume an excessive amount this way, whereas you wouldn't sit and eat 5 bowls of it normally. Lol. It is a great diet and most recipes can be edited into a sw friendly version! Good luck x

There are certain cakes though that use cous cous made up as the main bulk of them (ie as a flour substitute) so in this case it would still be synned. If you use a food in a way other than how it is intended to be eaten (usually to make naughty style food) it should be synned

I don't syn couscous when I use it in say scotch eggs as a coating, as you say, it's just being used in a different way but I know it can cause a debate, I remember making my banana ice cream and having to syn the bananas, even though I only used 1 per person!

Here is the pic of the cooking oil I found......

Cooking Oil.jpgCooking Oil-2.jpg

Back