Cant get xenical

tracey179

I everyone I ordered xenical from my nurse But the chemist that it goes to said they can't get it at the moment. So I have been in there 3 times now and still they don't have them. I just want to know if anyone else is finding it hard to get them, as I haven't had them for about 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep I cant get them, been told 3 different stories by 3 different chemists. one says not till June, one says try again in 4 days, and another says try again at the end of the month.

yep everyone is having problems. I can't get any and everywhere in the uk dont seem to have any. manfacturer problem apparently. u might find some or u might not. the only chemist around here had only 21 tablets left and most places have none x

When I went to pick up my 2nd month's supply on Saturday I was told No, can't get it, don't know when, go and ask your doc for something else. There is nothing else!

So after researching, I decided to do some ringing round. The pharmacist had retained the script, so I went and asked for it, and it came accompanied by a bit of teeth sucking, you'll be lucky, nobody's got any etc.

Well first I phoned Sainsburys, they'd got none. Then I phoned the pharmacist in the next village, a mile away - yes, we've still got some. So,I'm on my way.

Moral - don't give up, keep ringing. The story I found on the Internet said the manufacturer would be making an announcement mid-March.
Barbara

Last edited:
Youre lucky . There's been a shortage for months now :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree Lexi, it seems so odd, there must be thousands of people using this across the country. I don't understand how they can let it just dry up like this.

May be all the old stock needs to be used up as its not correct/ right stuff???

Hmm but it could be that a certain ingredient isn't available or something?!

I dunno bc I remember last year cerazette (contraceptive pill) had exactly the same and took a couple of months to come back! X

a colleague of mine says this has happened a few years ago and then sorted it self out. hopefully soon.

have u ever watched fake britian on bbc1. it was on about fake medication that got in to the nhs and there were packs of xen in the background!!! i felt proper paro after that x

as a community nurse we usually get any alerts for fake medication and we have not had one for orlistat or Xenicol. that doesnt mean it is not the case but trying to be positive.

Most of the fake xen was in the USA. If you use xen regularly there is a good chance you would spot it. If you open a tablet, the fake is often just powder instead of the granules in real xen. The name often isn't written on the tablet, and the leaflet in the box is missing or full of typos. You can phone roche with the batch number from your box as well. They will confirm it.

Back