cant manage ss - 790 any advice

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by janeylouise1, 15 September 2006 Social URL.

1. janeylouise1

janeylouise1 Janeylouise1

Ive been on ss now for nearly 2 weeks and I must admit im finding it really hard to stick to. I am seeing my cdc this afternoon and was going to ask her about the 790 plan.

I have about 5 - 6 stone to lose and was wondering how much you lose on the 790 plan. Has anyone on here done it this way? Id be really interested to know.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Exante and exercise
    I havent done it with 790 but have read on here that as it's still less than 800 cals a day you lose weight at a similar rate as ssing. I'm sure a CDC will be along soon to help.:)

Good luck with whatever you decide and well done for doing 2 weeks of ssing. I think that is such a fantastic achievement - if you do stick with ssing i'm sure it can only get easier. :)
  4. Jubbly

Jubbly Loves Minimins long time

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Exante/previous Cambridge/yo-yo!
    MY CDC said last night that the government (or whoever makes these rules !!) have said that a woman on less that 1500 calories a day is technically following a low calories diet that will make her lose weight if used consistently. 790 calories a day is way off the recommended daily allowance of 2000 (I believe) so there's no reason to not lose weight. Also I believe you can still be in ketosis on 790 although you could try add-a-meal first.

However, I have heard that 790 can make you hungrier than ss as it contains some carbs but I may be confusing this with 1000. I'm sure someone will give you a better response than this (sorry not v helpful!!) ;)
  5. Gen

Gen Normal

Hi Janey

Can I ask what you are finding so difficult about the ss'ing?? believe me i know it is hard BUT the results are sooooo rewarding and i'm wondering if you see a good loss on your scales today will you change to 790???

i do think that the 790 plan is about 1lb a week off what you could lose doing ss so it is still a great loss....

I would just be a little bit concerned about putting food back into the equation so soon into ss'ing... thats just a personal thing tho, maybe you are different to me and would be able to be very strict and only have the 790 cals with the advised foods... i know i wouldn't have been able to... still bloody can't lol lol

Gen xx
  6. monty

monty Full Member

I have been doing the 790 plan and would recommend it
    Others have told me that the weightloss ought to be similar to SS, although save for the first week I have had less dramatic losses than other people on this forum who are ssing

I just like being able to choose some nice veg or salad and to have dinner with my husband I am hoping that 790 will be a plan I can actually stick with over the long term - whereas I suspect that for me just doing SS would be too hard
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.