Can't mooooooove

ermintrude

Gold Member
I feel really quite exceptionally stuffed. Just made that SW beetroot hummus and a load of veggies. Not a massive meal or anything, didnt even finish it. Maybe I ate it too fast. Now I am boogered as I have to get up to make tea for when the O/H gets back. 1) I can't bloddy move 2) I dont ever want to eat again.

Didnt like the beetroot hummus much btw :( In fact I really didnt like it *at all* when I tested it so I chucked a few jalapenos in to liven it up a bit and left it in the fridge to soak for half an hour. Was OK after that, but not great. Very runny too. My beetroot was very watery and my God that cottage cheese was watery!:eek: Is it normally like that? :confused: I dont eat cottage cheese as I tried it once and thought it a bit groo but figured it was just filler and I wouldn't tate it in the hummus. It was all watery with a few blobs of white stuff in :confused:

Oh dear! I loved it and am making it again tomorrow as a weekend evening snack.
Hope you can moooooooove again soon!!!

I swear my tastebuds dont match those of anyone else in this universe :D

I always strain cottage cheese pop it in a sieve fold foil/parchment over the top and weight it with a small plate and a tin of beans or something, leave for five mins.

I hate normal hummus might try that one though

could you not blend the cottage cheese like you do for the quiche to get rid of the lumps?

can't bear cottage cheese - looks like baby sick!

after many experiments, my favourite flavour hummus is chick-pea!
I've tried sundried toms, jarred red-pepper, beetroot, sweet potato, pesto, and parsley

Now I just vary with or without cumin, more or less lemony etc - if it ain't broke don't fix it I reckon

could you not blend the cottage cheese like you do for the quiche to get rid of the lumps?

Yeah you had to whizz it anyway as you were making hummus with it. It was just too watery tho, the cottage cheese & beetroot were both really soggy. I think I should've done what Shirleen said and strained it. :)

can't bear cottage cheese - looks like baby sick!

after many experiments, my favourite flavour hummus is chick-pea!
I've tried sundried toms, jarred red-pepper, beetroot, sweet potato, pesto, and parsley

Now I just vary with or without cumin, more or less lemony etc - if it ain't broke don't fix it I reckon

Baby sick, exactly! My second encounter with cottage cheese and there will not be a third :D Chick pea hummus? Isn't all hummus based on chickpeas? I guess not actually as Ive got a recipe for broad bean hummus round here somewhere.

Anyway, my new-hummus-testing days are over, I have already perfected the art of hummus-making with my red jalapeno one :cool:

Back