Can't Poo!

olijames

:( OMG guys...I seriously CANNOT poo! :(
:rolleyes: Been a week!:rolleyes:
I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times before! :eek: Can someone recommend a good way to poo when VLCD blockages occur???
:) Thanks in advance and here's to number 2'ing!:p

Well, you know my advice re PREVENTING constipation .... that still stands but is of little help if you're already bunged up!

First you need to clear 'the backlog' and I found Dulcolax perles were good for that. Read the label carefully because I didn't and took four (well, they ARE tiny!) OMG - I almost turned inside out!!! :eek:

There's a new product out that I saw on TV yesterday and it helps soften stools to make them easier to pass ... Think it's called 'Dulco-ease'. Might be worth checking out.

Once you're comfortable again then do all you can to get some bulking agents inside (e.g psyllium husks) on a regular basis to prevent the same thing happening again.

Good luck!! :)

First you need to clear 'the backlog' and I found Dulcolax perles were good for that. Read the label carefully because I didn't and took four (well, they ARE tiny!) OMG - I almost turned inside out!!! :eek:

Hi Debbie,

I thought after almost a day that I should take a second one and OMG!!!!

Can not imagine 4:eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't really want to either:eek: :eek: :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Hi Nic,

The constipation or the runs is normal at the start of any change in diet and I would find I can go either way and have done.

I am mostly okay after the first couple of weeks as I take fibre 89 and I find that works fine for me.

I do feel very tempted to try psyllium husks to see what they are like.

Love Mini xxx

Psyllium Husks are my life line to soft poo!!!! I wouldnt have ever heard of them if it hadnt been for Russiandoll, I have had the odd wall paper paste from them, especially with oriental soup, but other than that they are fab fab fab!!!!

Hi Nic,

Have you discussed this with the Star Pupil?
He is sharing your toilet traumas at the moment, may be worth a sympathetic exchange of ideas;)

JudeX

Hi Nic! OMG I feel for you (as I used Dulcolax Perles last night - successfully thank heavens). I took two but think I should probably have taken three on reflection as felt uncomfortable all night and would have got a quicker result with three!
Have you tried glycerine suppositories (from chemist along with some plastic disposable gloves) - sorry if TMI here!?

Are we allowed Movicol as I know that this is used in my elderly mother's care home and can be pretty dramatic depending on how much you take and how desperate you are (very I should think)

I am doing CD 790 but ate quite a lot of illegal fruit on Tuesday night - that plus regular doses of Paramol - painkillers with codeine as ordinary paracetamol doesn't work for me and I can't take iboprufen - messed my insides up. I also take the psyllium capsules.
Good luck - Louise

Movicol; Gold standard laxative!

Movicol is fine, it isn't absorbed by the body so doesn't affect the diet. A bit like psyllium husks really, but more pallitable. I dont like wallpaper paste! It can have dramatic effects with several packs being taken initially to 'remove the obstruction', then it can be used for maintanence, eg one sachet every other day. The other really good thing about it is that it 'softens the stool', thus leading to a comfortable motion, unlike things like senna and dulcolax which stimulate the gut. Laxatives such as these can cause griping pains, and pain on movement of stool.

Sorry went into 'rep mode' there! I used to sell Movicol a few years ago, it really is the gold standard of laxatives!!

:( Movical it is...will be hunting high and low at all local chemists later! Getting fed up with it now AND my scales have stuck at 11 st 7lb for a week!!!!! Got PMT too...first after my M/C 3 weeks ago so all round in a shitty mood! ARGGGHHHHH....chocolate!!!!x

:cool: Thanks for your help ladies!

:D Roll on the soft stool...

You will have to ask the pharmacist for it, its a script product but available over the counter too. About £8 ish for a box of 20.
If you get free prescriptions, go to your GP and get a script!

Well, you know my advice re PREVENTING constipation .... that still stands but is of little help if you're already bunged up!

There's a new product out that I saw on TV yesterday and it helps soften stools to make them easier to pass ... Think it's called 'Dulco-ease'. Might be worth checking out.

Once you're comfortable again then do all you can to get some bulking agents inside (e.g psyllium husks) on a regular basis to prevent the same thing happening again.

Please do not even consider Dukco-ease. One of my clients started taking them and her weight stood still for 3 weeks. I know she was doing everything right. On my advice she stopped using them last week and this week - bingo- she lost 4lbs. They contain sorbitol and that is no good for dieters. I did leave a message at CD hq about them but have no heard back.

Just thought this bit of info might help someone else from suffering no weightloss. IYKWIM

Pam

Pint of hot water always did it for me, but then you remember all about my SS dressing gown disaster?!!! All I wanted was a sneaky fart!!!

Brilliant Nic - I am greatly relieved for you! There is nothing worse...how many sachets did you need to take?
And Pam - thanks for the info on the Dulcoease - I was thinking of buying a packet just to have them in cupboard for the next just in case moment - but won't bother now!
Louise

Back