Can't seem to keep momentum while travelling

Hi mini mins - could really do with some advice

A few years ago I got heavier and lost 2stone with diet and exercise. Time passed and I kept it off and I was really happy with my body as a UK 10-12.

Then I met my boyfriend and started to exercise less and eat more and we both put on weight. I still managed to exercise and keep things on a mostly even keel though I was heavier.

Then a year ago I had some problems at work and quit and quit my membership at a gym I loved and took another job which requires international travel.

On the days I fly due to timezones and boredom I find I can eat 5 large meals a day and jet lag finds me reaching for junk. When I am in another country there is entertaining in restaurants and sometimes in some countries I don't always like the local food so I again go for the junk food brands I know. I am wary of eating salads and fruit as things washed in local water can make you very sick and I can't afford to be ill while I am supposed to be at work. There has been a situation in a Seoul metro station in would prefer not to repeat!!!!

Some hotels have gyms ands some don't, working out when you're smashed from jetlag and working can feel impossible.

When I am at home, I find it hard to get into a healthy routine and there's always something it feels like stopping my progress.

I am about to start slim fast as I think this will suit my life style when I am not travelling, and working out what to try and do about exercise. I have a free membership with a gym with work but it's not near my home so I again make excuses. I don't want to pay for a gym when I have a free one available.

I know how lucky I am to be able to travel and have a free membership when others don't but I feel so fed up that I can't get into a routine and tired all the time and don't know how to get my bum into gear and look after myself properly. Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks for reading.

l find it harder to control when I'm home. I plea guilty to all charges of stuffing my face in front of the TV.

What I find hard are the "all in" vacations. l do lots of activities to compensate all the eating. lt works.

At home, I'm THE couch potato. I'm not proud of it!

Good luck to you!

Back