Can't seem to stick to anything

Studying for a degree makes me run a mile from learning something new tho... I know ww and know it works and I'm not that hungry... Sw requires me to know when to stop doesn't it?

Huh guys just reading this thread and I thought I was the only person who can't decide what diet to do. I'm a weight watchers girl but I always be hungry on the plan plus it very easy to waste your pp on crap. I joined SW few months ago and on,y lasted 1 weighing we're I lost 2lb but I gave up then I always go back to ww but also keep leaving again cos of the hunger. Also i went through a tough time in feb and emailed my leader to see if she could get me motivated again she never replied and i went the following week with 3.5lb on n she didnt even remember about the email so ive lost my confidence in her. Need to loose 2 n half stone I tempted to go and give SW the consultant seems really nice but I just can't get pp out of my head and I'm not pushed on SW meetings I don't like talkin in a group my head is fried trying to decide what to do and I'm back to old habits of takeaways and stuffing myself with bars and crisps and I'm not even hungry the bloody joys :)

Huh guys just reading this thread and I thought I was the only person who can't decide what diet to do. I'm a weight watchers girl but I always be hungry on the plan plus it very easy to waste your pp on crap. I joined SW few months ago and on,y lasted 1 weighing we're I lost 2lb but I gave up then I always go back to ww but also keep leaving again cos of the hunger. Also i went through a tough time in feb and emailed my leader to see if she could get me motivated again she never replied and i went the following week with 3.5lb on n she didnt even remember about the email so ive lost my confidence in her. Need to loose 2 n half stone I tempted to go and give SW the consultant seems really nice but I just can't get pp out of my head and I'm not pushed on SW meetings I don't like talkin in a group my head is fried trying to decide what to do and I'm back to old habits of takeaways and stuffing myself with bars and crisps and I'm not even hungry the bloody joys :)
Hiya matey - I know exactly where you,re coming from! Yesterday I felt tired and headachey and couldn't be arsed to think about dieting at all . I had crisp sandwiches,chocolate and wine and went to bed feeling rubbish BUT today's a new day books are back out and I,ve got 5 days to pull it back before weigh day! If I,d still been on WW I,d end up doing the binge thing every night and beating myself up every morning. At least I know the damage will be minimal and I'm back on the good healthy food today.Even if I 'only' lose half a pound it's better than losing two on WW then putting it back on next week when I I get so hungry I could cry! Good luck sweetie with whatever plan you decide cos as others have said on here it's whatever suits your eating habits and lifestyle.
Sal x

I started the week with good intentions but its gotten worse by the day with me ordering a curry, rice and naan for myself last night. Today I've snacked all day. I just want to b how I used to b with the diet, it just worked, 2lb every week and I did it religiously and happily! Now I hate how I am when I dont diet and hate being on the diet. I'm not going to the gym either. Feel awful.

I started the week with good intentions but its gotten worse by the day with me ordering a curry, rice and naan for myself last night. Today I've snacked all day. I just want to b how I used to b with the diet, it just worked, 2lb every week and I did it religiously and happily! Now I hate how I am when I dont diet and hate being on the diet. I'm not going to the gym either. Feel awful.
Hi! I know how you feel! I,ve had a weeks hols from work and because I work in the evenings I,ve been drinking wine every night when I'd normally be at work! Then you don't care what u eat and the cycle continues! Never mind, my 3 year old goes back to nursery on Wed so I'm determined to get back on the treadmill AND diet and try to lose last weeks excess! Come on matey we have to do it it's only 16 weigh-ins to Christmas!
Sal x

Hey hun I'm the same!
When I first did WW in jan 2012 I went to weekly meetings and stuck to it and went to the gym. I lost 24lbs in 7 months and felt fab! However I hadn't quite consider how maintaining would work and managed to pile about a stone of it back on in the past year. Within that time I kept trying to get "back on WW" but would only last a few days and then would go out to dinner or something! I even tried a detox programme which cost nearly £100....and didn't work very well! I then sat down and looked back at pics from last year. I'd lost so much weight. It was then I knew that WW does work for me. The only thing stopping me losing the weight was ME! "Wanting" or "trying" to lose weight is no where near the same as "working towards losing weight". This time round I'm not trying to lose weight cos that implies that there's another option or a chance it won't happen. But it will. It happened before I just need to work hard, learn to say no and make good choices and keep my goals in sight!! :)

I lost 2stone on the old system and have piled it back on. I went bk to ww in Feb at 9st 10lb. I'm now 10st1lb having not gone below 9st10lb. I'm really unhappy now, I just wanna stick to it and be how I was before when I lost the weight but I don't seem to stick to it?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That sounds similar to me... I know ww is what works for me and I didn't maintain cos the plan changed and I stopped meetings... I'm 1.5st over goal now and so unhappy. I've looked at photos and got my size 8 jeans still lol. But even tho I can't get in size 12 jeans now, it doesn't stop me eating. I will go to my meeting tonight but something isn't clicking and I wish I knew what it was. Ive been like this before but one day it just clicked

I know what you mean. I kept going back on it for a few days and I really wanted it to work but I guess I was feeling more sorry for myself! But now I've realised that nothing else is gonna work... Just hard work. I agree tho, sometimes something just needs to click! See if attending a meeting will help :) I'm sure everyone there wouldve felt the same at some point too!! X

I'm going tonight but I've been going and paying monthly pass all year!

I've been like this for so long. I've done every single flamming diet under the sun! I even did dukan and ate nothing but meat for a week!! WTF?! Why did I think this was a good idea?!

I think for it to click I just got to a point where I accepted that no matter which diet I do it's going to require work and effort. I have to be organised, have healthy food in and plan to some extent what I'm going to eat. I had to accept that I can't eat the foods I used to eat all the time and expect to lose weight. I also accepted that no matter what happened I would stick with this until I get to goal. Regardless of what the scales say each week I willl keep following the plan! I've had a crappy month and started each day wanting to get back onto WW. The best thing for me was having an honest look at what was stopping me and seeing what I could do to stop it. I used food as a treat and reward to cheer me up after hard days. I've started telling myself now that eating won't change any of my problems!

I am also a serial dieter I even went away to Portugal for 28 days on a juicing retreat I lost 2st 10lbs came back and started to put weight on so I joined SW and 2 weeks later swapped to ww. I am gonna try my hardest to stick to ww and not swap back to sw.

I stayed for the chat for newbies tonight to help me... I'm going to try my hardest. I'm too big at the mo and its effecting my body confidence as well as confidence on work and relationships

Yeah id agree in the last few months ive done ww twice slim fast and sw. But ww is the one that i know works. I am working towards my goal of 10st and i will get there! Feeling good and positive day 3 tomorrow and im pleased with my planning and organising of my food.

Know what you mean - i paid £100 for a 9 day detox before my holiday... Lost 4lbs in the first 2 days, then came on (grr) and my weight plateaued for the remaining 7 days. It was a diet of aloe Vera gel, different tablets and shakes and a 600kcal meal from day 3-9. Felt so so depressed and stupid... I then just ate chicken omelette for the remaining few days before my holiday, getting down to under 10st. But it wasn't a long term plan! WW is! I know that I can slip up and jump back on the horse the next meal or next day! I've also come to terms with the fact that, while I'm not that big (anymore) that its actually gonna be harder for me to lose the weight this time round and I will prob need to work harder at it each week AND that when I do get there, its gonna take just as much work to maintain it to ensure my hard work isn't wasted again! Seriously, with all the medical progress over the past decades, when is someone gonna invent a diet pill or something that'll healthily get u to your ideal weight with no effort or thought haha xx

Glad I'm not the only one. I wrote a post in the pro points section ...
I used to eat equivalent of about 24 points on old plan and didn't have the 40; had to save 4 a day for treats... So it makes me not believe in the new plan if I can have 26 and another 49. I know u don't have to Use the 49 but I seem to uve 30 ish points a day cos of it!

I made myself go back to ww tonite since march I've put on one full stone disgusted with myself I know ww works for me lets hope I can stick to it one thing for sure I am not going to buy bigger size clothes n I'm nearly bursting out of what I'm in now so fingers crossed that will give me motivation to shift this weight once n for all

Same as me and I'm not buying new clothes!! Lets do it!!

Back