Can't stop eating :(

Dan8317

Having a bad week and just can't seem to stick to my points at all. Dreading weigh in on friday and knowing what I normally do ill probably end up not going.

I can't seem to break this cycle. I do well for the first few weeks the binge terrible and can't face going back. Feels like I'm going to be fat forever.

Dan x

Take one day at a time dan. I take each day as an achievement, the good feeling from that far outweighs the sh***y feeling you get after a binge, only you can stop that, so dont punish youself, your so much better than that cake, pie ect!!xx

Everyone has bad weeks but my advice to you is to go to the wi on Friday. It mightn't be as bad as you think and if you gain it's not the end of the world! I just think if you miss the wi you will go off the program again next week and it's jst a bad cycle! So go and face the music

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Ive had 4 weeks of what felt like non stop binging and yesterday I had to face the music at WI. I'd put 6lbs of the 7 i lost back on! Almost back to where I started! But it gave me the kick up the backside I needed.

Take a deep breath and face the music, draw a line under it and move on.

I used to eat my meals in front of the tv and found it hard to know when i felt full because i was distracted. Now im eating at the table and concentrating on what i am eating and can stop when i am full. I am also eating from a small side plate rather than a dinner plate- it makes you put les food on, but it fills the plate and looks like lots!

Having a bad week and just can't seem to stick to my points at all. Dreading weigh in on friday and knowing what I normally do ill probably end up not going.

I can't seem to break this cycle. I do well for the first few weeks the binge terrible and can't face going back. Feels like I'm going to be fat forever.

Dan x

We are all here for you Sweetie, if you ever feel like not sticking to your pp or binging then log on here, there's always someone to talk to and sway you away from doing it. I definitely think you should face WI, it could be the reality check which you need to break this cycle. X

Its so hard to be always watching everything you eat especially at the start are its all new but after a while counting points you will know what most things are and not have to think about it.

Def go to the meeting at least then it will be you saying to yourself that is the end of the bad patch and day one of the diet again, if you dont go you will keep putting it on its always the way you say to yourself you will loose it by the following week but just end up doing worse so go to it and get it over with as was said before it might not be as bad as you think and start afresh again, good luck

I agree with everyone else, please don't miss the WW meeting, once you've missed one it's hard to go back. I've had similar problems to you & I've found the quicker I draw a line under the overeating the happier I feel and you really can limit the damage done then and just carry on. It's not easy but we're all only human, when you do binge then forgive yourself and draw a line under it and move on as soon as you're able to, please don't dwell on it as you'll lose confidence in what you're doing and carry on in that cycle, good luck x

Thanks all for the replies. Had another bad day :'( struggling to stop the rot.

Will go to weigh in on friday no matter what but am worried if I've gained too much ill just feel even worse.

Dan x

Are you an emotional eater?

Something that helped me was writing out a list of the things that the binging makes worse and the ramifications. For example- binging will lead to weight gain. I am already obese, further weight gain may lead to diabetes and other weight related illnesses. I also wrote down why I wanted to lose weight- I want to be healthy and not out of breath when I exercise. I want to feel more confident.

Play the 15 minute game. When you want to binge tell yourself you'll wait 15 minutes first. Chances are your urge will go away during that time.

Thanks all for the replies. Had another bad day :'( struggling to stop the rot.

Will go to weigh in on friday no matter what but am worried if I've gained too much ill just feel even worse.

Dan x

Hey Sweetie, Im sorry to hear things are still not good, I think the best you can do is try to limit your binges until Friday and then you'll have a benchmark to work from after WI. X

Well today I've seemed to have woken up a completely person and in a much more positive frame of mind.

It was only then it finally clicked why I had eaten all week and felt really down. Totm has made an appearance :( I always struggle the week before so need to address this. Any suggestions so I don't do the same next month as I can easily undo 3 weeks work in 1 week of binging.

Thanks again everyone,
Dan x

Hi Dan,

maybe work out your cycle so you roughly know when the week befores going to be. That way you can prepare for it and maybe have something bought for it so you dont binge. I'm a binger too but if i have planned things in just in case it seems to take the edge off a bit and make me feel calmer.

Well today I've seemed to have woken up a completely person and in a much more positive frame of mind.

It was only then it finally clicked why I had eaten all week and felt really down. Totm has made an appearance :( I always struggle the week before so need to address this. Any suggestions so I don't do the same next month as I can easily undo 3 weeks work in 1 week of binging.

Thanks again everyone,
Dan x

How awful it is to be a woman :-( Make sure next month that you have lots of yummy 0pp things in, yes it's not good to binge on anything but its surely better to binge on things which are 0pp? Fruit and Veg, 0pp Soup etc etc. X

O gosh Ive been munching like crazy this week ... Totm too. Craving cheese and crackers. Lol. Just damage limitation atm

Mmmmmm I love Cheese n Crackers! What's your Cheese of choice? It's so annoying being a woman! X

Back