Can't work out the best thing on the menu to eat?!

Kingsbottom

I am going out for a meal with my bf and his parents this evening. I really want to be as on plan as I can be as I STS last week, but I am in a panic as I can't work out what to eat for the best.

For my main I will have steak, jacket potato and a side salad/veg which is fine (some syns for potential oil used) but what can I have for a starter?

My bf and his parents will have two courses and only having one will make me feel really self-conscious.

Here is the menu: http://www.blackhouse.uk.com/pdf/main_menu_january_2012.pdf

I can’t work out which starter is mostly on plan. Any help really appreciated!

mmmm...i'm so hungry now haha! how about having a side salad as a starter rather than with your main? you could have a chicken caesar salad and ask for no dressing, or the dressing on the side so you can syn it? everything else seems like it might be quite a lot of syns, although i would KILL for a cheese souffle right now haha!

My reply is too late for you now, but for future reference I would have gone for the butternut squash soup as a starter. I make squash soup regularly and am delighted that it is syn free (I am on Extra Easy.) Just bear in mind that the restaurant might have roasted the squash and softened the veg in oil so allow some syns for that.
I hope you enjoyed your meal!

Back