Captains log 12/05/09

Hey pinkemma- I would love to do a green tea trial with you!!! I say we do one more week of normal SF nxt week to get a steady weight loss going then bring in the green tea the following week... what do you think? It will be really interesting to see the outcome!

Hey Mrsme- Wow you really have had a day of it huh! Think the last thing you need to be worrying about right now is dieting! Id just wait til you have a clear mind and less stress going on hunni... getting angry at yourself everyday for failing will just make you feel worse. I say quit for the moment then once everything has settled start again with full force.

Ive had a really good day today.... bought my treats like I said I would and kept a more closer eye on how many calories im using (still not counting exactly tho).

How have you done today pinkemma?

Rachy - That sounds like such a good idea :) lets do it!! This week is hardcore SF for sure :) I'm glad you've had a good day :) mine hasn't been too bad. I split my tea calories in half and had half before my shift and half after.. plus probably about 200 more. I was just so so hungry!

MrsMe - I totally agree with Rachy, you've enough on your plate at the moment without beating yourself up about dieting!! About the green tea thing... its really cheap, you can just buy the teabags from the shop or you can buy loose leaves from a speciality shop and brew them in a pot, just as you would with proper black tea leaves. Apparently drinking just 1 cup a day speeds up your metabolism and so helps you to lose weight :) Its definately an acquired taste though!!

Is anyone else watching the Eurovision song contest tonight?

Pinkemma I really wouldnt worry about having those extra calories at all... if you're hungry EAT cause if you dont your body will just start storing fat if you leave it too long before you do. As long as you're making healthy choices thats the important thing.
Oooo I cant wait to start our green tea trial!! But yes def hardcore SFing next week.... I cant believe its nearly WI already!!! Ok so I've had to steer myself away from my scales every morning but its still come round quick! Lol.
Remember first thing in the morning (after you've been to the loo if you can) is always the best time to get your exact weight. Oooo I'm so excited... I felt diff yet again this morning I just hpe it shows on the scales 2mo!! :p
Oh yeah and I did watch Eurovision... cant say the Norweigan song did it that much for me but it looks like everyone else enjoyed. Lol.

Rachy - I know I'm quite excited about the big weigh in... although I'm feeling really bloated at the moment because I've got my period. I always put on weight during it... just hope it doesn't show too much tomorrow!! I don't want to be disheartened.. Thanks for the advice about the eating when I'm hungry, made me feel much less guilty!!

How's your day going? I know! I think they won a few points on looks.. although I didn't think he was THAT good looking!! lol

MrsMe - How is the weekend going for you?

Oh hunni you know you can put on up to 7lbs in weight during your period so even if you have put on some please dont get disheartened just curse nature and stay on track til nxt WI to see double the results. Lol.

Nah I didnt find him very attractive either.... kinda reminded me of a pixie!! Lol

By the way I'm feeling a little bloated this eve too and still got over 200 calories to use up! I'm a bit nervous bout 2mo now to be honest..... i just seem to be costantly eating and chocolatey stuff too (not that Im complaining! Lol) I just cant see how anyone can lose weight like this! :scale:
How stupid does that sound considering I know it works from when I did it before!! Lol.

Aww Rachy, thats good then, at least you're finding it ok then :) I know what you mean, I'm really nervous for tomorrow too! But thank you for the advice about the bloating. I just REALLY want this to work. Roll on Friday.. I'll finally be able to forget about exams and start going out running again!

Not long till tomorrow now!...... ahhhh!

You're a runner huh? Thats really good! Unfortunately me and running have never got on since school and i dont think it will ever change.... Id much rather have a dance floor and some funky music... cheesy music works good too cause then you can have a real laugh.

Im def goin to look into finding a dance class even if its salsa dancing or something, not only will it get me outta the house once a wk or so Ill be toned up in no time!! Lol.

Ive decided to start 10mins of some kind of exercise everyday starting tomorrow.... not quite sure what i want to do yet but it will def be somethin to really get my heart rate up......

Lol Rachy, I must admit I do prefer a little boogie to running, but its a great way for me to have some time to myself and just think along with getting in shape... well that is when I can finally get my time up. Reckon I'll only manage 20 mins at the most on Friday because its been so long.

Oooh Salsa sounds like fun!! I've had really bad problems with my ankle and while I've not been able to get to the gym I jogged on the spot in my house and walked up and down my stairs. Definately got my heart rate up! And.. when that fails, theres always MTV - I just bang it on and dance like a total loony around my living room lol :giggle:

Well... I've weighed myself... I'm only down a pound and a half since last Tuesday. Lol 'ONLY', at least I'm actually down! Finally down!

I'm hoping I'll be down more by next week because of the whole period thing!!

Ahh I got woken up by builders next door this morning.. at 8am. For a student that is WAY WAY too early ha ha

Hey pinkemma... well done for your 1.5lbs thats gd condsdering its your TOTM. Lol.
I only lost 1lb which I already had when I sneakily weighed myself that time. :confused:
I'm not letting it get me down tho cause I can def feel a diff in my clothes fitting me and stuff... today I made myself look nice had a wonder round the shops and bought myself a nice new lipstick.... I'm determined to make it work... decided to cut out the SF snacks tho and replace with fruit or raw veg... gonna finish the ones left in the cupboard tho obviously. Tee hee.
LMAO Im so glad Im not the only one who gets jiggy on the livingroom floor! Just a bit depressing seeing all the skinny minis flaunting their wash board tummies!! Lol.

Anyway on with the show we go!!! :D

Rachy - well at least we're both going down, even if its not by as much as we'd hoped for! Maybe our bodies just need to 'catch up' with the weight loss. I always find my weight runs one week behind. Good plan on the fruit and veg front. We will do this! And we already are! Woo hoo one week down!

I know what you mean about the washboard stomachs! I was chatting to my friends about celebrities weights, and they've got chefs cooking up culinary delights with hardly any calories.. and their busy schedules mean they don't have time to think about food as much! Its oh so much harder for us 'normal' people lol

A new lipstick? :) I love buying make up.. Although I'm more of a lipgloss girl lol

Hey pinkemma TBH i dont really wear make up that often only a bit of eyeliner and mascara.... this lipstick is called berry blush, its kinda dark pinky purply I love the colour and so decided to be brave... Ive got it on now not sure it quite goes with the green top Ive got on tho!! Lol.

You know I'm still sure the whole giving up breastfeeding thing slowed my weightloss this week too! I'm usually around a 34A whereas at the moment I'm around a C cup n its a "heavy" C cup too.... surely that had to make some diff didnt it? Nevermind I'll know for sure next week anyway. :)

Rachy - Thats probably it!! I know that when I was on the pill my weight went shooting up, but my measurements around my waist and bum stayed the same... I did, however go up 2 cup sizes. I bet that's what it is!

Ooh it sounds nice... but is it weird that I instantly thought of food when I read 'berry' lol! I'm just trying to put off my evening snack for as long as possible at the moment just so I have something to look forward to lol. Tried to get the banana powder mix today but can't find it anywhere!! And did you know that they've got a new bottled shake out? Its banoffee flavoured.. mmmmmmm!

Oh pinkemma reading your posts do cheer me up!!! :p

Lol I think the whole "berry" thing is what caught me in the first place.... I put it down three times to look at other stuff including handbags but found myself goin back to the bloody lipstick!!! LMAO.

Pink and purple are my fave colours (you'd never have guessed would you?! lol) but Ive never been brave enough to actually wear it in clothes, make up etc but today I just wanted to step outta my boring box so I did. hee hee.

Mmmmm the banoffee sounds gorg!!! Unfortunately I'm an army wife living in germany... I get my SF from an American PX cause its all in American dollars = well cheap!! The only thing is they only havein SF Optima and always seem to be out of every flavour except choc. :sigh:

I could buy it from the engish Naafi's here but they are well expensive its in Euro's but boy ar they making up for the tiny diff between that and £sterling! I cant find any mealbars either cause id like to alternate between tins and bars so i dont get bored.
I might just pay out to treat myself once a month or something.

God I went on the pill once when I was younger and I piled on the pounds everywhere except my boobs!! Lol. I had real bad mood swings too so had to come off!

Good for you! And I totally agree, pink and purple are the way forward lol. I've seen a purple skirt in river island that I really like.. so tempted to buy it! I'm going out on Fri to celebrate the end of my exams so I might just treat myself :)

Ahhhh! I see! Wow, that's even tougher for you just having the shakes! But at least the chocolate is a nice one :) have you tried looking on Google shopping for the bars? I think they ship from even America, you might be able to get a bargain. But if not, I think you should definately just splash out on the meal bars from the English shop. Just tell your hubby he's getting beans on toast for a week to make up for it lol :giggle:

How long have you stayed over in Germany for? My best friend was born in Germany because her dad was in the army too :)

Yeah I've heard you can get really bad mood swings on the pill, TBH, I think it evened mine out!! lol its crazy how messed up my cycle has become since coming off it though :eek:

Hows your exercise going for today, was it 20 minutes you had planned? I went out for a run.. and had to come back after 13 minutes, totally knackered!! :zz: lol

Hey everyone,

Sorry i haven't been sround this weekend, bf had an extra day off and we went fishing ate nothing but crap all weekend didn't cook once had only t/a:copon: but i did weigh myself yesterday anyways and found i had still lost 2lbs!!!! Imagine what i could've lost if i hadn't messed up.

Anyways back on track today, thankyou all for the advise but really want to get this weight off now and keep it off so am happy with just this 2lbs this week.

How are you all doing??

MrsMe xXx

Woo hoo well done MrsMe! 2lbs loss is fantastic considering you've been having t/a's :)

I'm doing ok! Was down a pound and a half yesterday :) only thing is.. I'm starting to feel a bit sad after breakfast, its really quite pathetic lol. I look at my finished glass of shake and think 'well thats it done till 11 now..' i think i'm properly food obsessed lol. Are you having all just shakes or the meal bars too MrsMe?

I know what you mean by the "is that it?" feeling. I'm really craving a great big chunk of bread ight now. I'm starting to miss the things I used to eat. Guess I just need to get over this hurdle. Doesn't seem to help that the scales are slowing down too :(
Woo hoo well done MrsMe! 2lbs loss is fantastic considering you've been having t/a's :)

I'm doing ok! Was down a pound and a half yesterday :) only thing is.. I'm starting to feel a bit sad after breakfast, its really quite pathetic lol. I look at my finished glass of shake and think 'well thats it done till 11 now..' i think i'm properly food obsessed lol. Are you having all just shakes or the meal bars too MrsMe?

Ok first things first Id just like to say is, i weighed myself again this mornin cause I was a bit depressed after yest... and guess what?!!! Ive lost another lb!! Woohoo... I wont mark it on my charts yet I'll still wait for nxt mondays WI to do that (just in case there's more). :D

Hey pinkemma the skirt sounds gorgeous you should def go for it!!!
Lol I think considering my husband is from Jamaica and loves his chicken I would be in deep trouble if he had to make do with baked beans!!! Would love to see the look on his face when I put it down in front of him tho... he would prob eat it to be nice but prob think Id gone mad!!! Lol.
Ive only been in Germany since March and it is lovely out here I must admit... we are on a huge guarded camp so you can relax totally, cars can stay unlocked, kids can play in the street its awesome... we are supposed to be here for 3 yrs but I think hubby might push for 4 cause he gets paid a bit more being out here. Tee hee.
Well my exercising went really well (I amost died!! Lol) but it was really enjoyable... I did 7mins of skipping... was aiming for 15 but it suddenly hit me how effective it is!! Lol. Then did some squats, press ups, sit ups, lunges and an abdominal plank... all only took about 15mins in total but I'll gradually up the skipping each session. :)
Well done for going running!! I really admire you cause i know for sure I could never do it!! Thats a long time too!!!

I admire you too Mrsme!! Its well impressive how quickly you have jumped back on the wagon and are still so determined!! Well done! :)

Back