Captains log 12/05/09

Oh pinkemma I fell off the wagon!!! Well kinda.. I had my two shakes and was going well yesterday.. I'm def prefering not to have the choccy bars anymore.. even having them in the cupboard taunting me was annoying! Lol...
Anyway yesterday was excellent I did really, really well... but again I just felt so lethargic and horrid I even started getting a little bit of depression (I had postnatal depression after my second baby so can spot the signs a mile away now!) My hubby came home yest morning after 10days away so i should have been over the moon but I just had no energy! Oh apart from for the obvious of course which also kinda of took the place of my exercise for the evening! Lol. Anyway back to my whining..... yeah i dont understand the whole feeling crappy thing... what should I do????!!!!

Today I had my shakes and my morning and afternoon snacks ok but then I just kinda decided to have a day off!!! The worst thing is Im feeling all happy and bouncy again like Ive a new lease of life! I'm wondering if I should up my calorie intake a little like you have... the only thing is Im barely losing any with cutting out a load Id prob start putting on if I did..... I wanna do this.. I NEED to do this but its just not working how it did before!!

I'm def still on for trying the green tea nxt week fingers crossed that this will make a difference for me! Lol.

By the way how did your exam go? Oh and your night out? And hows your SFing going too hunni?

Aw Rachy, poor you! That doesn't sound too good at all. I think you're right about the calorie 'up-intake'. I've been eating about 1500 cals in total while I've been revising and although I think its going to slow my weight loss more than if I was on 1300, its been making me feel much more energetic. You could always try uping it this week, especially as you'll have the counter action of the green tea. The worst that could happen is that you'll lose a little less.. but as long as you're losing!

Also, I think its good to have a set 'treat day' where you're allowed a couple of naughties lol. I might start doing that every Monday.. might mix up the metabolism too :)

The exam went ok thanks, not the best and I did run out of time, but I managed to remember most things. Fingers crossed I've passed!!! My night out was brilliant thanks.. was def suffering for it yesterday! And then I was working last night, still wasn't feeling 100%! I didnt get the chance to come on here at all yesterday!! Missed it!

My SF-ing is going ok.. well kind of. I had a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of cocktails on Friday night.. then a small chips with cheese :copon:. But I did manage to put off any post-hangover 'munchies' cravings yesterday lol.. well except for a couple of bits of toast after work. But I think I'd worked it off!! I'm working all day today so thats my exercise sorted. Your form of exercise yesterday made me giggle lol.

How are you feeling today? Green tea tomorrow! And I'm feeling a bit nervous about the weigh in.. especially after my night of excess!!

Today I am STICKING to the plan! No cheeky toast or chips lol

Wow pinkemma youre doing really well! It sounds like you breezed your exam too :cool: lol... im glad you enjoyed your night out im sure the alcohol wont have made that much of a diff. I had a few bottle of something red last nite.. it was an alcopop but a german one so goodness knows what but I really needed it! Lol.... made me "exercise" hard again too ;).
I'm having another off day today Im afraid but on purpose.. Im still having my break and lunch shakes but munching on crap if I get hungry which funnily enough Im not really... Ive just been out sweeping the patio etc so that burnt a few cals... I also weighed myself again today but with all my clothes on including jeans and after my breakfast shake too, I was 11st 11lb which shocked me.. maybe I wasnt doing as bad as I thought!!
Anyway fresh start 2mo... with the green tea and adding an extra 200 cals to my intake.... WI 2mo is gonna be bad I know but it will be for a reason rather than me trying real hard and not getting anywhere...
I'm cooking a roast today but seeings as im a veggie the worst Ill be having is roast potatoes and not many at that.
Come tomorrow Ill have my head screwed on fully! :)
xxxxxx
Oh p.s I have found an excellent dance game with dance mat to use instead of my exercises.... it has a work out mode, quest mode, arcade mode etc.... now that will shrink my bum!!! Lol.. Hmm just gotta talk hubby into letting my buy it now! Hee hee.

Ahh at least you were quite happily surprised with your weight this morning.. and if you're not expecting much tomorrow at least you wont be disappointed :)

I had a sneaky look on before my shake this morning and am down 1lb from last week.. I suppose any progress is good but I was hoping for more. Then again after fri night and last nights toast feast I shouldn't be surprised!!

Yumm roast dinner.. I've just got in from work and had tinned macaroni cheese.. oh yum yum :p but I did stick to SF at work today, despite one of my colleague's attempts to sabotage me. She bought in a pack of choccies and kept waving them in front of my nose and then tried to make me feel bad for not eating another colleague's home made brownies. I was a little bit peeved.

That dance game sounds good! I'm going to get back to the gym this week or next.. although I've walked for 12 hours this weekend while I've been working so I think that'll be enough for the next couple of days lol, I'm going to be sore in the morning!!

Not long till WI :wave_cry:
x x x x x x x

Well pinkemma I have a feeling even tho I know WI tomorrow is goin to be really bad Im still going to be really disappointed.... Im hoping thats whats going to throw me back on the wagon and tie me down!! Lol.

Another lb lost?!! Well done hunni thats really good.... they say a lb a week so really your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to be!!

I cant believe your colleagues disrespect for trying to stay healthy, and then trying to make you feel bad about it!!! Grrrrr :mad:.... Well done for not caving in tho... she was probably secretly annoyed cause your will power is stronger than hers!! Lol.

You're a gym person huh? Actually that doesnt suprise me seeings as you like going running too! Lol. good for you hunni, all those cool machines you can use to work diff parts of your body.... Ive never really been one for exercising in public to be honest I get a bit embarrassed for some reason...:ashamed0005: silly hey?
Thats why the dance game is perfect for me cause i can hide in the house and do it!! Lol. :greenapple:

Your poor feet must be exhausted?!! But I think you're right that 12 hours work must have covered your exercise for the next few weeks!! Hee hee.

I'm having a couple more alcoholic beverages this eve.... my problem is I havent actually had a proper drink for over a year!!! What with being pregnant and then breastfeeding so Im kinda making up for it a bit! Lol... Thats no excuse I know! Tee hee...

Anyway roll on WI Im armed and ready for you.... bring it on!!!! :p:character00238:

:( I went on again today and I'm only down half a pound from last week. I know Friday night I had a few drinks and things but I didn't think it would slow me down THAT bad!!

My mum thinks its because I had such a late dinner last night because I got in from work later. I'll weigh myself again tomorrow to see if shes right I think!

How was your WI? Hope yours was better than mine!!

My feet are all blistered lol, going to just do some catch up on washing and ironing today. I'll go to the gym tomorrow!

I quite agree that you should enjoy a drink, I know it makes me sound like an alchy but I love a glass of wine in the evening, and having to give that up for SF alone is bad enough, but for 13 months must have been even harder! I say you go for it girl!

Dont worry pinkemma your mum is right you know.... just think all the food you ate last night is still in your body (somewhere)! Lol....

You did better than me anyway cause Ive put on the single lb that I lost!!! Lol.... I'm not gonna change my chart back tho cause I guarantee that by 2mo morn it will be off again...

Have you started your green tea yet? I'm just going to get mine cause i forgot yest but I have been drinking water since I got up...

Hee hee I'm having a washing day today too.... hubby has given me a pile of 10days worth of dirty laundry from where he has been away! I have a mountain to get thru now! Lol...

Come on girl we're gonna lose at least 3lb this week ok?

I think we should have a delayed WI.. tomorrow will be the one we count after both our excessive weekends lol.

I'm just about to have my first cup of green tea now :)

I wasn't drinking much water yesterday so I'll get that intake up today too.

You're right.. 3lbs this week no excuses.. well... I'm going to Manchester on Wed to see Beyonce, but I won't go overboard on the eating lol! I'll just get my back into the ironing today, maybe stick on some music and do a little dancing while I'm doing my work shirts :party0048: ha ha

Is that your hubby back for a while now? Or is he away again soon?

Ooo yeah a delayed WI sounds good to me!!! Lol.

My first cup of green tea went down like drinking dirty dish water!! lol...I forgot how gross it is. It made me feel a bit sick too but I still drank it.. just held ma breath and downed it.... it may hve made me feel sick cause its been really hot here today and the tea makes you sweat too... Oooo nice thought!!! Lol.

You're going to see beyonce? Oh Im well jealous!! i love her, her music is awesome! Im sure you'll be too busy dancing, singing and jumping up and down to eat anyway hunni! lol.

How did your ironing go today? I got half way thru my mountain of washing but only just!

Hubby is back until middle of next month now... he only goes back to the uk to play boring cricket lol but its for so long at a time!!! i think its 10 days again next month too!

Aww well done for drinking the tea even though you felt ill doing so! lol thats dedication! :greenapple: I had a cup earlier and I just waited till it had cooled a little then drank it while I was chatting to my friend... I didn't even realise I was drinking it! lol do you have the bags or the loose leaves?

Yeah I can't wait :) will be good I hope!

I got all of my ironing done! And I did all my sewing too.. and handwashing lol. Its felt so good having no revision or work to go to today.. I even had a bath at 2 in the afternoon! lol unheard of in the last couple of months!!

Have you done your exercise for today? Thats one thing I've not done.. I'm blaming it on my ankle but starting to wonder if I've got a mind block towards exercise! lol

Wow I wish I didnt realise I was drinking the blimin stuff! Lol... Ive got the bags hunni cant be doing with all the preparing involved using leaves! Lol.

A bath at 2 in the afternoon??!! Oh that must have been lush! Think I must have been in my teens last time I did that!! Ouch!!!!

Hmmm Im afraid my exercise has gone a bit out the window... I def need to get that dance game cause my routine is soooo boring Im just not interested....

Would you believe Ive not been back on this diet properly for even a whole day and the low depressed lethargic feeling is coming back already!! Its tough Ill just have to try and ignore it cause Ive got to do this! :D:D:D:D

Think Ill just have an early night and hope its gone by 2mo.

Oh no :( thats not good at all Rachy. Do you think you'll be ok carrying on with it? That sounds awful that you're starting to feel like that already. Sounds like you need a nice relaxing bath right now! Poor thing :( you need some proper TLC!

I'm here if you even just want to let all your feelings out! And never feel like you're waffling because I certainly do enough of it!!

Really hope you're feeling better tomorrow hun, I'll speak to you then.
x x x

Hey Rachy,

We all have our bad days sweetie, me more than ever lol. Maybe if you stuck to it to the T days 1,3,5&7, then just upped your cals by 2/300 days 2,4,6, by doing this you also mess up your motabolism and fool it, britney spears has 1200cals on day then 1400 the next and thats how she got back into shape!!

I've just bought some green tea but with a twist of lemon, i also noticed they have one with a hint of mint too. Haven't tried it yet, bit worried now lol, if it's that disgusting. I really need to stick with all this now as i put back on the 3lbs i lost week before last.

Had a really crappy weekend, car got clamped and had to fork out £120 (that we didn't have!!) to get sorted and then i locked my keys indoors and had to wait til my neighbours in and hope upon hope that me had accidently left our balcony door open (thank god my bf forgot lol). Didn't get in til 8pm in the end lol.

When my bf redundancy money comes in he said we could go out and that's around 3 weeks so wanna stick to this and lose 14lbs so i can fit into some really nice jeans i have but are a little too tight at the mo. I reckon if i lose a stone they will finally fit lol.

How are you all doing today??

goodluck and keep me posted

MrsMe xXx

Hey everyone,

Was researching green tea on the internet to see how much people have lost and found this:~~

Green tea may help to reduce appetite
Scientists at the University of Chicago found that the green tea caused rats to lose up to 21% of there body weight. Rats injected with the green tea extract lost their appetite and consumed up to 60% less food after seven days of daily injections. This may have something to do with the blood sugar regulating effects of green tea.

Hey i am more than happy to be called a rat even a smelly dirty one if it means i will consume 60% less of my daily intake or lose 21% of my body weight lol.

MrsMe xXx

I've been drinking green tea since just before I started my diet, so I don't know if it's helped with weight loss or not... I started drinking it because I drink so much tea and don't like normal black tea very much, green tea with lemon is lovely!

Hey,

Okay, big decision but we have decided we want another baby and was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take me to get pregnant after stopping Depo-Provera. My next jab is 17th june which means i would have been safe for 11 weeks. Am hoping to be pregnant in the next month or two, i am the most inpatient person you will ever know.

I googled it but can;t get a straight answer and would like to know from someones personal experience or someone you know??

Please!!! any advice would be greatful.

Many Thanks

MrsMe xXx
:D

Pinkemma- Hey how you doing hunni? Well I'm feeling 100% better today! Woohoo! And guess what.. I lost that lb just like I said I would so Im back on track, now to lose the 3lb as we agreed! :D
Thank you so much for offering your ears hunni well ok eyes lol... that is really sweet, the annoying thing is I have no idea why I start feeling like that so cant pinpoint whats wrong with me!! Lol...
The green tea is going down a treat now and after reading what Mrsme found out I'm just about to make another cup!! Tee hee.
Did you weigh yourself again today? Any luck? xxx

Mrsme- Oh wow you really have had a time of it again huh? Dont worry Im sure you're due a run of good luck soon! Well done for getting back on the wagon.... I had a naughty weekend too and went a bit off track.
Thanks for the advice that sounds like a really good idea.... I'll stick to being strict this week with my green tea and use your idea starting next week... Im on a mission to lose at least 3lbs this week!! Lol.
Oh and thank you for adding that research too!!! I hate green tea I just cant get accustomed to the flavour at all but reading that made me promptly boil the kettle again ready for another!! Lol.
I cant help you with your baby making question hun but having another baby... how exciting!!! :D

THH- Hello there! Well if your charts are anything to go by Id say its doing wonders!!! Well done.... you've made me even more determined to drink it now!! Woohoo.

Thanks everyone for prompting me on.... I dont think Ill ever be able to quit dieting fully ever again cause then Id have no reason to come on here and chat with you all!!! Lol... :p

Hey Rachy-D,

Have you tried the lemon or mint flavours, they tasted so much nicer.

On the baby ~~ did you breastfeed if so how long did you do this for some say 6weeks - 6months others say 1yr - 18 months and some even say 2yrs!!!

Hope you do well this week, you will make the 3lbs you just have to believe it

MrsMe xXx

Hello mrsme, well my baby is now 5months old and ive just weaned him onto bottles... I was going to keep it up til 6months but he was getting under weight cause I wasnt producing enough.. little monster never complained to tell me tho!! Anyway I would say 6 months is long enough however some people do go til 1yr.... dont think I fancy a mouthful of teeth knawing on ma boob tho tbh!! Lol.
I havent tried the flavoured green tea.. think I wil invest in some nxt time we go shopping.

Rachy-D,

Haha yeh that's what i was thinking, to stop when they got teeth.

I didn't try with my first, i was a bit scared i suppose. I heard it can hurt sometimes, when it pulls on the womb, also don't want saggy boobs haha, but i have recently heard that it doesn't make you saggy.

You here different things from different people don't you??

Awww bless he is gorgeous. how old is he now??

MrsMe xXx

Back