Carb Counting

DQ

Queen of the Damned
So how are you all counting your carbs? Do you keep a diary throughout the day then add it all up, or do you work out your food for the day and add the carbs up in advance?

I've just joined Fitday and shocked the pants off myself with the carbs in some of the things I have been eating :eek: Need to work on that to get properly down to 20 grams per day and just wondered how other people do it :)

I've been using fitday too... although I'm not sure if I count the carbs & take off the fibre count as they do in the US (as its a US website) or just count the total carbs.

Just wish everything wasn't measured in cups!!

Yeah that does drive me slightly barmy :silly: Have been making use of the 'add custom foods' bit so tailoring it to my own thing, but wondered how everyone else was doing it.

Have ordered the shopping for tomorrow including lots of stuff mentioned in the recipe section, so decided if I'm actually going to cook :eek: I better start counting carbs properly :rolleyes:

Yeah I keep thinking of those, but they're not allowed on induction are they?! :confused: That site someone posted the other day has some fantastic recipes on it - I was drooling at the nut crunch!!! :drool:

Hi,
i use fit day too, i dont take the fibre away, then i know i`m in the 20g for sure. but as i eat the same sort of things, you start to just know what everything is anyway.

Oopsie rolls are delicious, and they are allowed on induction.
If you use 4oz cream cheese & 4 eggs, you can make 8 rolls, so it`s really easy to add to fitday. i think around 1-2g per 2 rolls.

Back