Carb help

Size 16 Will Do

Silver Member
Ive been doing weight watchers but feel I need to low carb for a bit after a very high carb indulgent weekend!

I know low carb is around 20g a day so logged into my fitness pal.

All I want to know on the atkins products what do I count? For instance a decadence bar on MFP comes out at 19g of carbs, on the packet it says 2g NET carbs??

Any help would be appreciated.

Gonna have my atkins shake now and that is 1.3 net carbs on the box and 1g on MFP??

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Today I am planning on having -

Atkins shake for brekkie

Lettuce peeled cucumber, tin of tuna, boiled egg and a bit of cheese for lunch oh and mayo!

For tea I will have baked salmon fillet and steamed veg.

And probably the decadence bar to have a bite now and again when I need a sweet kick.

Thanks again x x

I believe that in the first phase of Atkins most of the bars are not allowed, and especially for the first week or two you should stick to plain proteins where possible (meat, eggs, fish in it's 'natural' state rather than processed) and of course fats and butter. I don't think it will be a major issue and i'm sure you'll still lose weight but it might slow it down a bit so just wanted to warn you. It is the 'net carbs' figure you are meant to count anyway. The rest of what you are doing looks great, good luck!

Can you have birds eye beef buger on the diet and can u eat alot of it with vegetables and how much weight have you lost in the akins

I suppose you could have 1 a day and be OK but the bird's eye beefburgers have 1.5g of carbs in them and it's not the kind of carbs you are meant to be eating on Atkins. Definitely not ok to eat in unlimited quantities. Try making your own burgers instead with mince meat and a little egg to bind together, carb free and you could eat as much as you need.

Just get some beef mince, add an egg, add salt, mix together gently then squish it together with your hands into burger shapes. Cook gently to stop it falling apart, they don't stay together as well as shop bought ones. You can add any kinds of herbs or spices to give more flavour if you like, spice it up by adding chilli, any kind of herb or spice really, or even get more creative and add cheese or small pieces of fried crispy bacon (yummm).

losingit said:
Just get some beef mince, add an egg, add salt, mix together gently then squish it together with your hands into burger shapes. Cook gently to stop it falling apart, they don't stay together as well as shop bought ones. You can add any kinds of herbs or spices to give more flavour if you like, spice it up by adding chilli, any kind of herb or spice really, or even get more creative and add cheese or small pieces of fried crispy bacon (yummm).

Thank you so much for that. Is it Syn free?

Yes you can eat as much as you like, although Atkins does say that you shouldn't eat so much as to stuff yourself to the point of not being able to move, the idea is you eat as much as you need to eat to feel satisfied, if that's 5 burgers, or more, then that's fine x

Back