Carb hungry

Porky

Hello , I'm a 72 yo male 15 st 9lb after dieting for a day or two I start craving for carbs. All I think about is loosing weight every day , I think it's affecting my health worrying about it,i always seem to get hungry at night time after dinner, I need help please.

Hi there,
I can totally empathise with the feelings of hunger shortly after eating a main meal. I did a lot of reading up and found it was because of the amount of carbs in my diet which was forcing my blood sugars to rise too fast then when the insulin was released to clear the sugars it caused the bloods to fall lower than they should be which resulted in feelings of hunger and I was steadily gaining weight. Don't quote me on that but from my understanding that's how it works. :)

Do you eat a lot of carbs? If so, perhaps try eating more protein and fats at your evening meal and eating less carbs in general. I've drastically dropped my carb intake and so far, it's working for me. Also, find out about 'hidden' carbs.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, be prepared to feel hunger at the start of a diet and wait it out until the body gets accustomed. That's always the hardest part. ( for me ) but get through the first few days and know it can only get better.

And force yourself to drink enough water! It helps massively.
Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, the thing is I do know how to loose weight years ago I lost 4-1/2 stone on weight watchers.but it's just being in the right frame of mind and getting motivated I find difficult and I think at my age , 72 , why should I ,I'll just have to buck up and get on with it.

Thanks for your reply, the thing is I do know how to loose weight years ago I lost 4-1/2 stone on weight watchers.but it's just being in the right frame of mind and getting motivated I find difficult and I think at my age , 72 , why should I ,I'll just have to buck up and get on with it.

I agree! finding the right mind set can be tough, I would imagine that's something which every member of this forum can relate to.
You've obviously got the will power as you've done it before, 4.5 stone takes some commitment. Do you suffer from aching joints or anything like that? Look to something that would really benefit you on a practical level if you managed to lose some weight, and make that your motivation?

Porky , I’m with keto , I get very very hungry after eating and can’t stop. The only way to gain control for me is to reduce carbs to under 100g, preferable 60 ish . At that level I can follow a low calorie diet that has allowed me to lose 3 stone in 11 weeks .
If you want to do it , you’ll do it

I find it takes a lot of time preparing breakfast and lunch,especially when I'm traveling around the country in my camper van, I was wondering if having 2 slim fast shakes and a SW meal at 6 pm would work.

I porky, I’ve just spent my lunch twenty min looking up cost of second hand motor home !

I looked at slimfast ingredients and wasn’t impressed . Even in your van I’d have a little nutri bullet blender and do your own . I’m sure a large salad with a ball of mozzarella and dressing is healthier and less calories than packet food , I’d make from scratch . Don’t forget to be taking multi vit and also lots of omega 3

I porky, I’ve just spent my lunch twenty min looking up cost of second hand motor home !

I looked at slimfast ingredients and wasn’t impressed . Even in your van I’d have a little nutri bullet blender and do your own . I’m sure a large salad with a ball of mozzarella and dressing is healthier and less calories than packet food , I’d make from scratch . Don’t forget to be taking multi vit and also lots of omega 3

That's why I'm liking the Evante diet. Seems to have it all covered. A shake in a sealed bottle and a chew bar might be ok for on the go? The Evante diet seems fairly cheap in comparison to other diets too. :)

That's why I'm liking the Evante diet. Seems to have it all covered. A shake in a sealed bottle and a chew bar might be ok for on the go? The Evante diet seems fairly cheap in comparison to other diets too. :)

Is it really the kind of diet when you only have s few stone to lose ?

Is it really the kind of diet when you only have s few stone to lose ?

I cant speak for member 'porky' as I don't know how much he wants to lose, but if you are asking if it's the kind of diet for me then yes, I believe it is. My goal set at 10st.1lb will see me at the top end of a 'healthy' BMI. I want to be more towards the lower middle of the range but I intend to do it in stages. It works better for me to have smaller goals to work toward. At my height I could go below 8st and be classed as in the 'healthy' range.

Back