CarBoot!!

Charisma

Silver Member
im plannin to do my first car boot either tomoro or sunday, selling new clothes.... im bit scared cause dont know what to expect anyone got any tips or advice?? :)

You can't beat a nice friendly smile:)

Good luck and I hope you get nice weather for it!:character00238:

Love Mini xxx

Expect to be haggled with, even if you say 50p some will offer 40p ha ha, Have fun and try and forget how much you paid for things when they were new LOL

my only advice is to make sure you are prepared. Make sure you know how much everything is, take a calculator and have a good float. You will get a few early birds trying to pick up the bargains too. When I did one a few years ago I had sold a good few items before my stand was even setup!!. Towards the end to get rid of the items I ended up reducing the prices as that way people thought they were getting a bargain. It may also be useful to take post-its/stick labels, in case people ask if they can pay for the item but leave it with you while they wonder round the rest of the sales. That way you know who things belongs to. Have Fun and Good luck xx

my only advice is to make sure you are prepared. Make sure you know how much everything is, take a calculator and have a good float. You will get a few early birds trying to pick up the bargains too. When I did one a few years ago I had sold a good few items before my stand was even setup!!. Towards the end to get rid of the items I ended up reducing the prices as that way people thought they were getting a bargain. It may also be useful to take post-its/stick labels, in case people ask if they can pay for the item but leave it with you while they wonder round the rest of the sales. That way you know who things belongs to. Have Fun and Good luck xx

ah thats handy to know thank you... i brought pretty much every item for bout 1.25 each am was plannin to sell every item for bout 2.50 maybe... got bout 50 items so hoping to sell alot of it. do alot of people tend to go on saturdays as well as sundays??

I found that Sundays were very popular as not many people work on Sundays however in our area most serious car boot sales are held on a sunday anyway so it proved logically. Hope you have good sales. I actually found they are quite fun too xx

Back