Carbs and net carbs, can someone help

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by cherl889, 21 March 2010 Social URL.

1. cherl889

cherl889 Loves this site!

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd
    Sorry to be a pain but im a little confused. Whats the difference between carbs and net carbs, and how do i calculate them when looking at a packet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JULY2010

JULY2010 Full Member

Diet:
    CD SS
    Ive asked this question before.

The easiest way is count the total carbs on anything you eat which is the same as net carbs.

Its something to do with the rest of the world dont take out fiber so you have to minus the fiber from the total carbs to give net carbs, but as we are in the uk, we dont have to do this.

Just count the total carbs from any packs as net carbs.

Hope this makes sense!

4. cherl889

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd
    Thanks hun. Carbs are carbs then! Oh just another little question......how do i get my stats up in my column on the left?

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    About the carbs/net carbs thing. I was reading something the other day about this that was interesting I thought. Will post a link at the end of this message.

I know whether to take the fibre off or not is a bit confusing as different countries have different rules and I've heard that the UK have possibly changed their ruling over it (in line with the EU..possibly...very vague on this.

anyway, I read this article
    Marketing Tricks: Net Carbs, Sugar Alcohols, Tricky Portion Sizes

Not sure whether it is applicable for the way the UK now labels their carbs or not, but thought I'd post it anyway just in case.:D

6. cherl889

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd
    Thanks KD i think i'll leave it at carbs = carbs. I get totally lost otherwise;). How long do i have to do the introduction (or whatever its called) for? Sorry i suffer terrible brain block. Think i threw it out in a baby nappy somewhere along the line (mums will understand what i mean by this!!!!).

7. JULY2010

JULY2010 Full Member

Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Cherl,

To update your stats you need to go to 'user cp' - you can find this on the top blue banner of the page. You can edit your signature, add a ticker (go to www.tickerfactory.co.uk) and input your weights etc...

8. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    It's easy :D EU the carbs are as stated, rest of the world you need to take away the fibre from the net carbs.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.