carbs in a cup of veg

maz71

ok, i have just completed my first day on atkins and the food has been yummy:)
am having trouble with the carbs in a cup of veg
so far i have had :-

1 an a half cups of lettuce - 2.0 carbs
1 cup of mushrooms - 2.8
1/2 cup of onions - 5.0

this adds up to 9.8...but i have read somewhere that i need to have 15 carbs from my veg....but i have already had the allowed 3 cups a day so i cant bunk it up to 15 now

helppppppp:confused:

The first stage, 'induction', lasts for two weeks to ensure that you are properly in ketosis and that your body has 'switched gear' to its alternative source of energy. This is the most carbohydrate-restricted stage (no more than 15 - 20 g carbohydrate per day). This level allows you a daily amount of around 120 g of salad vegetables and 130g of cooked low carb vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, courgettes, green beans etc, plus unsweetened soya milk in weak tea/coffee if you wish.

The rest of your menu is made up of meat, fish, shellfish or poultry and fats (which are completely unrestricted as they are carbohydrate free) and eggs and hard cheeses (which do contain a small amount of carbohydrate, so you need to use these in moderation for this initial stage).

You eat until you're satisfied, and should never be hungry. It is also important to drink a large amount of water, as explained earlier. There is no rule on when to eat, except that you should avoid skipping meals, breakfast in particular.

I used a mug not a cup, and I chopped all the veggies first.

I agree Stephen,I just like the KISS principle. and Morning to you mate. :)

Back