Carbs in Red Wine

Diadeb

Banned
Hi Everyone, I know that drinking red wine is better than drinking beer but does anyone know the carb count for a glass of red wine?? so I know when I can drink one, thanks, Debra :wave_cry:

Here is a list of popular red wines and their carbohydrate count:
  • Cabernet Sauvignon – A five ounce glass contains around six grams of carbohydrates.
  • Burgundy – For your run-of-the-mill burgundy, five ounces will get you about five and a half grams of carbs.
  • Pinot Noir – A nice five ounce glass of Pinot nets around three grams of carbs.
  • Shiraz/Syrah – Five ounces gets you four grams of carbs.
  • Sangiovese – Five ounces of this Italian favorite yields around four grams of carbohydrates.
If you notice a bit of a pattern here, you aren't wrong. As a general rule, the bigger bodied the wine, the higher the carb count. The lighter bodied the wine, the lower the carb count.

i copied this off another site :D

vodka is better x no carbs!

It's such a shame about the red wine! I do miss it, but appreciate it so much more when I have a glass or two on a (rare) day off!

In between times, it's gin & slimline tonic for me...

I've found that alcohol seems to really slow my metabolism. Last time I had a drink (a slimline G&T) my weight stayed the same for 3 days. I've not dared have another one as I've been losing weight steadily ever since LOL

Back