1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Days Carbs

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by karenbridget, 20 January 2014 Social URL.

1. karenbridget

karenbridget Member

Do you eat less carbs on red days ??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

They would be synned on a red day so yes, if following the plan you'd eat less.

4. karenbridget

karenbridget Member

Thks because extra easy doesn't work for me at all I need portion control

5. SlimmingKitchen

SlimmingKitchen Gold Member

Red days are good for carb control. You can have 200g new potatoes or 230g baked potato both in skins as your healthy extra b choice. So you don't have to go without you just get limited portions but these are enough when you are eating plenty of meat and fish.

Pasta and beans/peas are also a HEB choice but you'd need to look them up as amounts vary depending on what you have. Rice has to be synned though.

I have good losses when I do red because of the structure being a little more strict than Extra easy. They are really filling too so I feel like I don't use as much syns on then too xxx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. karenbridget

karenbridget Member

Thanks... extra easy is not working for me to much carbs I think !!!! I prefare portion control ...here's hoping it works.... thanks again ?

7. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

You can still have carbs as your healthy extra B's - I tend to have bread and cereal bars or porridge for my healthy extra B's on a red day, I don't find I miss pasta or potatoes too much.

8. Jgrainger

Jgrainger New Member

I prefer red days if I'm honest! I think it's because otherwise I'd eat lots as I'm rubbish at portion control! X

9. jen3

jen3 Silver Member

Why not do EE but limit your carbs more? Thats what I try to do as cant be bothered with the weighing hassle on a red day. I try to have one carb free meal a day

10. karenbridget

karenbridget Member

I prefare HEB on red days.. instead of just eating huge amounts of pasta & potatoes on EE I've had bread today and I'll have 35 g wholemeal pasta later with bolognes

11. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Personally I like to mix up green, red and EE days, on the weeks I have a right mix match I tend to always lose. But thats the great thing about SW we have basically three plans to choose from.

12. joedenise

joedenise Target Member

Me too! I decide what I'm having for my evening meal and then decide whether to have a Red, Green or EE day.

Denise