ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Thanks Conor :) that's really nice of u to say! I will get my head round it one day :) thanks Jen :) xx

Day one of the 30 day shred here I come... I hope to report bk if I can move x

It's a 20min programme with 3 levels that u move through over the 30 days! It's a DVD by the lady from US biggest loser and says u can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days x

i love biggest loser... bob harper is my dream man :D

You're welcome Carly & Auburn. :cool:

No word from Carly this evening... Did Jillian from Biggest Loser "Kick your Ass"??? :D:D:D

I was watching it to-day and I heard a great line... What did you do to-day to make you PROUD OF YOURSELF??? ;)

Hi Carly . I loved what Conor said about your feelings on your night out. You are a highly intelligent pretty girl with an excellent career ahead of her. You would be such a catch for any man.

I know what you mean about having low self esteem about your weight God knows we all have felt it from time, but please try not to let it limit your enjoyment of life. If you feel a person is judging you for your weight then dont spend your time with them .They are not worth it. You deserve someone who loves you as you are and there are nice Guys out there too just looking for a nice person to share things with but you have to get out and find him as Conor says.

We have a friend we were in college with .(Irish girl) She is also 46 and a size 18-20. She always seemed to go for the wrong guys and nothing seemed to work for her . she loves sailing and went to greece late last year for some training course and met a really nice man from near leeds I Think and they are head over heels at the moment . So you have to get out there and meet nice people . Dont wait to feel good about yourself . Do It Now!!!

And that Friend Id have a little word in her ear !!!!!

Carly you have nothing to worry about. you are very pretty and very kind and any guy would be lucky to have you. Money cannot buy a nice personality and anyone who cant see you for who you are isnt worth having. my b/f has known me v v slim and at my biggest but he still thinks i am beautiful and loves me for who i am. i am sure one day you will meet someone who deserves you an duntil then you get to have a lot of fun window shopping!!!!! xxxxx

Thanks to all :) feeling better! At local pub now - not doing well at avoiding drinks so far... X

Thanks Jo!

Feeling teary today for no real reason!!

I went shopping with a friend and it served as a reminder that there is still so far to go! I probably haven't even lost a dress size yet but things are no longer tight ....

But I kno this is a journey with bumpy bits! I kno I always put too much pressure on myself and expect to much! So my new plan is not to expect too much exercise wise as that's when I get fed up and bored of forcing myself to do hours a day etc... Minimum of 20 mins a day - i.e. At least the 30 day shred and then other if I have time/ want to... And try to eat/drink within dailies & weeklies (including WI night) do that any APs are not used :)

I will do this! I genuinely think I can! I'm disappointed about my wobble yest/today but tomorrow is a clean slate! 3 days sticking to weeklies and doing 30DS should hopefully still see a loss :) xx

Well I ache in places I didn't know I could ache courtesy of the 30DS! Off to do day 2 :) xx

Get yourself some radox bath salts not the liquid. They work wonders on aches and pains after a workout. Take a book or a magazine and a brew and lock yourself in the bathroom away from everything for as long as you can relax. Half an hour minimum and honest your muscles will thank you. Follow by lots of moisturiser or baby oil to help your skin keep it's elasticity etc. Bliss :)

Hi Carly

Sorry I've been AWOL but I'm back now, phew!! Well done on the 30 day shred, your aches will disappear after a few days..honest! I'm getting back on it this week too in preparation for holiday. A work colleague has given me another jillian michaels DVD...6 weeks to a six pack, will see how that goes!

Hope you've had a good weekend hon xx

No no no... Worst thing ya can do is soak in a hot bath when muscles are aching.. You'll do damage...

As for the above (am a bit late here I know) I know exactly how you felt that night hun.. Been there!!!
As everyone has pointed out here already, you are a genuinely lovely person.. And he will be one hell of a bloke that will deserve you!! I know yer not gona "settle" on just anyone put keep yer sights high.. You deserve the best but you have to believe you do in order to settle for only the best..
If a bloke wants ya for a certain size... he's not worth our time!!

I've been doing WW since January and honestly i'm not down a full dress size yet either.. Like yerself things are fitting better and sometimes even looking better.. Its a journey, but we're only starting out..
xxx

How can soaking in bath do damage? Radox is sold specifically to relax worn out tired muscles? I have done it millions of times always makes me feel better

Radox is sold to relax tired muscles after a hard day.. Not a workout..
It can cause damage to muscles after a workout coz it retracts too quickly and causes them to tighten even more.. OR something like that.. My BF is a footballer and their physio always tells them never to heat tired muscles (from exercise) ice them... I just listen to the professionals :D If hey.. if it works for you keep doing what yer doing... :D

Oh I never knew that!! Well dont want to give any advice that might hurt anyone sorry x

I hadn't read the previous page, chuck! cor, you are ruddy lovely and cant believe you ever think otherwise! Conor and the others are absolutely right - in my experience well adjusted men who are worth having like their women strong, smart and warm. you are all that and more xxx I have had lots of situations that have been uncomfortable because of esteem or issues related to my weight and it feels like crap but i am a firm believer that people will only treat you how you let them treat you and i would point blank challenge someone means by making comments about 'desperate' etc. the bloody cheek! of all my male friends (i have a fair few) i am willing to bet the farm that any of them would fancy you above a room full of skinny airheads xxx

Karen said:
I hadn't read the previous page, chuck! cor, you are ruddy lovely and cant believe you ever think otherwise! Conor and the others are absolutely right - in my experience well adjusted men who are worth having like their women strong, smart and warm. you are all that and more xxx I have had lots of situations that have been uncomfortable because of esteem or issues related to my weight and it feels like crap but i am a firm believer that people will only treat you how you let them treat you and i would point blank challenge someone means by making comments about 'desperate' etc. the bloody cheek! of all my male friends (i have a fair few) i am willing to bet the farm that any of them would fancy you above a room full of skinny airheads xxx

Very well said!

Skinny isn't always better... I'd rather have curves that diddly squit!

I know a few shallow people that wouldn't look twice at someone like me and I want to smack them in the kite! We always give much better hugs :)

Carly from your pictures you're a very beautiful young woman and you should definitely hold your head high as you are head and shoulders above those tw*ts!

Ruth
X

Thanks guys u are all lovely :)

Thanks for your tips monty doggy - don't panic we can only go from our own experience!

I'm not a fan of baths lol :) xx

Back