ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Totally in the zone ladies... went out tonight.. enjoyed three courses and 3 drinks all within weeklies :D I can do this! :D Off to metro centre tomorrow - excited about Primark :D then sunday morning off to gym :D got a stressful week next week but I know I can survive stress without eating :D xx

Thanks CG! Have a lovely weekend xx

Had fun shopping thanks hun :) spent far too much... And as always bought bags n jewellery and things u can't be too fat for!

Feeling tired and stressing about my trials and just feel fat.... Haven't even lost a dress size! And although I feel bk into ww it is a struggle! I just wish I ate fruit n veg... And the thought of having to count forever stresses me... Basically I'm overthinking... And worrying about loose skin and that even when I get to goal I won't be able to wear the things I dream of....

I'll be ok tomorrow xx

Aw are you okay carly? It can be scary going out of your comfort zone (re the fruit and veg), I can relate as I was unable to cook til a few years ago!

What worked for me was starting off slowly.

Fry in some garlic, onion, chicken, some peppers and sweetcorn and then add the sauce you want. The vegetables will taste nice once there's a sauce over them:) Uncle Ben's sweet and sour sauce or curry sauces or ol del paso spice mix are nice. For the sweet and sour and curry, serve with wholegrain rice. If using the ol del paso spice mix, wrap chicken and veg in warmed tortilla wrap afterwards. This is all low in points, I forget the exact points but it's not too bad. When you are using the jars of sauces, just use a quarter of the jar, not half/the whole jar:)

For breakfast, Weetabix is really nice with skimmed milk and:
chopped up banana and almonds
or chopped up strawberries
or heated in microwave with berries
or with chopped up apple
or dried fruit like raisins (just be careful how many raisins you put on as dried fruit are higher in points than fresh)

You can do it, just remember all the weight you've lost so far:) And it's great that you've done the 30 day shred and go to the gym, that will only help you get to your goal weight even quicker! x

Thanks hun :) x

oops i double checked the uncle bens curry sauces, they're really high in points!! just stick with the sweet and sour one!!

No worries :) x

Thanks Jo :D x

I think the girls are on the right track Carly and start with a few easy ones like peas,sweetcorn ,red peppers or mushrooms .no one expects you to love brusselsprouts or brocalli straight away .start slowly adding a few bits at a time to your stirfry . My son has never eaten a veg in his life and has recently in his transition year at school started doing home economics and cooking. He made a basic veg soup and even tried some which I was amazed at and loved it. He says he wants to try new tastes as he is sick of the limited diet he has . I am amazed . Its like his interest in cooking has awakened his interest in food so get in to that kitchen girl and try a few things. I know its hard during the week with work but you could give it a shot at weekends. :D

Thanks Breda x

Had a tough day - only got home from work an hour and a bit ago and still have a good 3 or 4 hours of work to do before bed... have a thumping headache! I feel sick with worry about my trial and am stressing and procrastinating :( Managed well with stress but when I got home I binged... on 20pp of choc! So disappointed... I kno I have tried so hard... just mad that I can't even have a full good week... on the puls side it is loads better than the last few months.... Scales are still showing 4lb down so fingers crossed for tomorrow.... xxx

Thanks Diva and Jo :) xx

Good luck for WI, hope that your day is going a bit better and that your headache is gone!

Ruth
X

Diva's right mdear! One slip up is not a fail!
You'll get right back on it tomorrow, and it'll all be ok.

Totally understand the "so much to do, procrastination" thing. I find the more I have piling up to do, the less & less I CAN do... and long long days don't help... bitesize chunks & you'll get it done lovely

xx

Thanks girlies... I am doing it in bits and then coming on her for a few minutes lol...but totally get the cant do it too much to do lol

But am working on it! lol

Headache has eased thanks... reckon another hour and then bed time :D x

Hey lovely :)
Sorry to hear all the stress has given you a thumping headache, hope it leaves you soon xx
I saw this picture on a website earlier & thought you may like it - (not that I think you are 'defeated' like the sign says lol! But I like it as a motivational quote)
Sleep well huni :)

ForumRunner_20111011_001922.jpg

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks hun! Love it :)

I lost 5.5lbs :D yay!!!! New lowest weight - 2 stone 8.5lb lost :D chuffed!!! Xx

Back