ProPoints Carmels Diary

Angelicloser

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Only discovered it today. However it seems a great motivational place and i'm delighted to be part of it. I love this idea of keeping a weight loss diary and so decided to start my own.

So a little of my weight history....
I have pretty much always been overweight but in 2002 I decided to do something about it. I joined WW and was amazed that my weight had balooned to 16st 4lbs:cry:
Weight Watchers really worked so well for me i lost 7lbs my first week and that was it I was motivated for all the right reasons. A year later I had lost almost 3st. I was delighted.

But...(there's always a but isn't there)

I had been in a relationship for 5 years and it was ended suddenly by him. I was devestated and lost all motivation for so long. I stopped going to weight watchers and just ate and ate and ate... eventually going up to 17st 3lbs.... :argh:In 2008 i decided to go back to weight watchers and while i was mildly successful my heart wasn't really in it I wasn't tracking properly (guessed most of the points because i felt i knew the plan so well)

So (on a brighter note)

When I heard about the new Pro Points plan I figured this was a whole new start for me. I would have to learn the program all over again... I would have to point things properly. So I had my first meeting last monday 10th Jan weighing 16st 5lbs and I have to say I was actually excited by this program. I love the idea of having 49 weekly points... gone are my days of feeling ashamed when i slip off the wagon slightly - i can now fit it in to my weekly points....

While I have only been on the program for 4 days I have been so motivated and really was working 100% on it so far :D I'm so looking forward to next monday to see my results. I have no scales at home so I can't cheat, I have genuinely no idea what i might have lost.

I will fill you all in come next monday...

Carmel :queen:

Hi

Your right this site is soo motivational and keeping a diary definately keeps me on track! Hope your WI goes well on Monday and good luck with your weight loss journey!! x

Hi

Your right this site is soo motivational and keeping a diary definately keeps me on track! Hope your WI goes well on Monday and good luck with your weight loss journey!! x

Thanks, i'm kind of excited about tomorrow's weigh-in. Though i'm trying not to set my expectations to high.. i really must get into the mindset of a loss is a loss.... but you know how sometimes you just want to lose it all right now!! :vibes:

I'm very happy with myself this week though. I can honestly say i was 100% on the food side, i tracked everything and stayed at my points. However, i didn't really exercise this week, but as soon as i'm finished this i'm heading to the Pheonix park for a walk(despite the weather). I was particularly proud yesterday. I'm a huge rugby fan and usually when i go to the games, i have several beers:drunk:, take away from one of the stall etc. Yesterday after a great game i went to the pub but only had 1coors light :7834:(which i pointed a 4pp cause I wasn't sure) And when my friends were all downing packets of bacon fries I was able to say no. It didn't bother me cause i had a bigger goal in my head:p

I also realised I didn't really put anything about me myself in my earlier entry... so the fyi's.... My name is Carmel, I'm 29, single and sharing a house with 2 other girls. I'm a secondary teacher (which brings its own dietery stresses from staffroom sweets). I'm honestly a little bit of a lazy git, i like nothing better than sitting around reading books and watching dvds, but i am full of good intentions so i try to get out and exercise and motivate myself. I do live a busy enough life as after work i usually still have lots of preparation and corrections to do (another excuse i know) I also look after our schools public speaking and debate teams. So that's a little about me, i can't really think of anything else to tell you all.

I'll post again tomorrow night once I have my weigh -in ... I'm off for my walk now.:wavey::whacky068:

Pro points success

Well i had my WI today and was very excited/anxious about it... i was worried that i would lose and not be happy about it being enough. But when the time came on the scale i was ecstatic. I lost 4lbs:scale:

Considering i did pretty much no exercise this week i'm delighted with 4lbs. It's just the start i need. I treated myself this evening with a small tub of Ben & Jerry icecream - i'm presuming the 34 weekly points i have left will cover it.:17729:

But all week i was 100% and this week is gonna be the same. Unfortunately I think this will prob be a week of no exercise again so busy - tomorrow i have parent teacher meetings til 6.45, wed i have senior debates til 11pm, thurs is my friends 30th and fri, sat, sun - i'm minding my sisters 5 children (though this will involve alot of running around so i guess some exercise.)

I did order the 30shred dvd online and so i'm hoping that will arrive cause while i may not have the time for the gym i can def squeeze in 20 mins everyday.:character00116:

So another weeks begins..... Happy to say i'm still as excited about this pro points as i was last week...

Happy losing people

Brilliant loss, well done you :D:D

I'm a teacher too and totally understand how hectic it is with preparation and marking etc! I've also ordered the 30 day shred, can't wait for it to arrive and to get started. I ordered it on Saturday so I'm hoping it might come tomorrow!

Well keep up the good work sounds like you are well and truely in the zone!! :D

Well things have been going well so far again this week... though i am finding it more of a struggle as i seem to have more cravings this week. It may be because i times im so busy its a long time between meals.

What did really annoy me was yesterday after work i went for 'coffee' with friends from work.... now usually i would get a hot chocolate but i was really hungry so i decided to get a blueberry muffin instead and just have a diet coke. :party0027:
However when i came home i went to my eating out guide to get the points for the muffin i was guessing between 5-8pts... it was 13 points :eek: So that was it salmon and veg for dinner ... didn't have a choice to eat anything else because i'm keeping my weekly points for tomorrow. It just surprised me so much that one muffin could be so many points.

Will not be making that mistake again...

Then today, students in the school had a bake sale - which i avoided like the plague but then they decided to bring a trolley full of buns into the staffroom... I was good:innocent0002:
I resisted while all around me devoured the most gorgeous looking pink icing cupcakes... it was hell but i'm more proud of myself for doing it cause i know had i eaten them the inevitable guilt would be setting in by now.

Also i found this site motivational cause all i could think was if i eat that i will have to tell people on minimims and i didn't want to have to do that. ;)

Anyway my 30 day shred arrived today it won't be started til tomorrow as tonight i have school debates til 11pm.. :4635:

But i'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow...

Hope you are all making good choices
:D

Hi Carmel

Well done on your weight loss. I know what you mean about the muffin - annoying isn't it. Maybe try keeping a low point snack bar or ww bar in your bag so you can have something if you get hungry.

Yesterday I finished work later than expected and by the time I got home I was starving and headed straight for the biscuit tin because I couldn't wait for dinner. Today I have got a cereal bar in my bag so I know I can have that on the way home from work and won't be starving when I get home.

Keep up the good work, and keep posting on here. Minimins is a life saver :)

Thanks for the support guys....
Well it's been a couple of days since i was on here :wave_cry: cause i have been minding my sister 5 kids for the last 3 days and that was a struggle all on it's own..

My weigh in is tomorrow and i'm really worried about it. :confused: On Thursday i went out for my friends birthday we all went for dinner to TGI's and the cinema afterwards.... Now i had nothing at the cinema.. but god everything in TGI's is high points... I just had a main meal and that was 33 points gone... then i had one cocktail... So basically i used all but 5 of the weekly points that day.

This would have been fine except for the fact that I was minding my sisters kids the last few days and it totally threw me off balance.:banghead: Simple things meant i went over my points yesterday and today... such as my sister only having full fat milk and butter in her house... and God without realising i kept nibbling at the kids food... Thank God i don't have kids of my own i would never lose weight...

So basically this week i used up my full weekly points and went over my about 5 points 2 days... I'm worried how thats going to affect my WI tomorrow:devilangel:

I did however start my 30 day shred this week, i did it when the kids went to bed... i'm in bits(which is a good thing) my legs ache soooo bad. I'm glad to get back into exercising though because as much as i want to lose weight a big goal of mine is to get fit.

So i'll update tomorrow on how my WI goes.

:character00148:

Hey everyone,

Well I never got to update on how my WI went - i lost 1 1/2 pounds... thrilled. However, I have been dying sick pretty much since then, didn't make it to my last WI on monday. Just haven't been able to leave my bed at all. Feeling better today though. Haven't tracked a piece of food in over a week, hoping to get back into it tomorrow. Been a struggle cause i was relying on my house mates to get me food etc.... still once i'm back on my feel fully i'll be full steam ahead to far.... i'm just hoping i didn't put anything on while i've been stuck in bed for so long.

WI tomorrow.... eager to get back to it... cause i just haven't been focused since i was sick. TOM also hoping that doesn't affect the WI too much. Really expecting a stm or +... just want to get it over with now. So i can start again properly and know where i'm standing.

Just a quick update from my iPhone. Lost 1 lb delighted was expecting a plus so I'm very happy with that next week should be the silver seven

Have had a pretty good day today :D. Positive mental attitude i find is super important for me... as soon as i get down in the dumps or negative i crack and give up i.e Binge! So if i'm still focused with this weeks goal in mind i'm happy.

For this week my goal is small 1/2lb cause that will get me my silver seven. And i know it's totally doable.

The only struggle i had today was the jaffa cakes in my press. Bought yesterday because i wanted something nice and at only 1 pro point i thought they were reasonable.... however this evening after having 2 all i can think about in the jaffa cakes.:eating:

Have to get back to my exercise now i had 5 days done of the 30 day shred but stopped once i got sick... totally better now so i have no excuses :sigh:

Well done with ur 1lb off!! Brill wi! Sounds like u are back on track!! :)

Thanks.

How are you finding the shred? Is it still sore or does it get better?

Hay guys, had to ask what is this 30 day shred? iv seen it a couple of times on here now and im guessing its an exercise dvd but it sounds like torture, i have the ZUMBA set but i am yet to get through the instructins part, i give up due to lack of co ordination, i had to laugh at my best weight gaining activity points but tarcking sex as an activity lol xxx

30 day shred is a dvd by gillian michaels of Biggest loser usa fame. It's made up of 30 mins workouts(including your warm up and cool down) I did 5 days of it... its pretty tough at first makes you sweat. But it promises results that you can lose up to 20lbs in 30 days. I think most people are noticing the difference in the inches so its important to measure yourself.

Hi, thanks for leaving a comment on my diary. Well done on your new start so far - you're doing great! xx

hi Angelicloser. Just reading your diary,(and your in Dublin) its great to be able to write it down and get feed back from guys on the forum.;) Im doing propoints and finding it not to bad,(not using weekly pp) so keep up the good work :gen126:

Back