Carribean cruise

thelandlady

Hi, I have just booked a 3 week carribean cruise and i have 11 lb to lose to my 1st target weight, so i am going to be very good and if anybody has any tips to keep me mortivatedplease help. 7 weeks on friday till we fly to BARBADOS:cool::cool::cool:

Wow I am very jealous Hun :)
Hubby and I did a med cruise with Royal Carribbean in 2011 and loved it, I could only dream of doing a Caribbean one now lol!!!

What islands will you be visiting? You'll soon get that 11lbs off :) Good luck xxx

You can do it, just come on here for motivation; & try to plan your wks food.

Good luck to target. I hope you really enjoy yourself but don't regret it when you get home - there's so many temptations on board (food 24hrs a day) that it's sooooooooooo easy to put weight on. The gorgeous temp also makes you want to move less (well it does me anyway) so my advice is to take advantage of the gym facilities and don't use the lifts. I've not used the lifts on board for the last 6yrs or so and, have been known to beat my husband up to deck 15 when we've got on board after a day out (deck 4). On sea days, I do have a good laze/read etc but I make sure I 'do' top to bottom at least twice during the day too. Whichever line you're going with they'll have loads of salad choices as well as hot dishes for buffet lunch and you can always ask you dinner waiter for any sauces/creams etc 'on the side' - so you can have a bit without going OTT (nearly said "without going overboard" but though I'd better not!).
I'm really quite jealous now, so might have to start my trawl for our next cruise :p

Hi,

Hubby and I have just returned from a 22 night cruise and I confess that I put on 11 lbs but three have gone already just by being back to normal routine. I have not been following any sort of diet this week as we are living from the freezer and the cupboards, apart from veg and milk. We have been on several cruises as that is now our preferred holiday. I always put on weight whether I watch my eating or just eat all I want. Life is for living and I am not prepared to diet 52 weeks of the year. I am careful at home but not when I'm on board. Enjoy your holiday as you've earned it.

Hi,

Hubby and I have just returned from a 22 night cruise and I confess that I put on 11 lbs but three have gone already just by being back to normal routine. I have not been following any sort of diet this week as we are living from the freezer and the cupboards, apart from veg and milk. We have been on several cruises as that is now our preferred holiday. I always put on weight whether I watch my eating or just eat all I want. Life is for living and I am not prepared to diet 52 weeks of the year. I am careful at home but not when I'm on board. Enjoy your holiday as you've earned it.

Hiya supergran, We are going on a 21 nighter on the Ventura 1st March, I can t diet on board either so I will properly beat your 11lb. which ship did you go on and which islands did you visit.

Hi, we were on Aurora. Sailed from Southampton to Vigo, Madeira Barbados,Antigua, Tortola and St Maartin. Supposed to sail back via the Azores but a seriously ill passenger meant we diverted to Madeira for a short visit to avoid about ten sea days in a row. I love the sea days so I was delighted with the number of days we had. Which islands are you cruising to? My cousin is off on Ventura next week. If you want any tips just ask.

Hi, I have just booked a 3 week carribean cruise and i have 11 lb to lose to my 1st target weight, so i am going to be very good and if anybody has any tips to keep me mortivatedplease help. 7 weeks on friday till we fly to BARBADOS:cool::cool::cool:

Have a great time on your cruise. Tell us all about it when you get back.

Hi, we were on Aurora. Sailed from Southampton to Vigo, Madeira Barbados,Antigua, Tortola and St Maartin. Supposed to sail back via the Azores but a seriously ill passenger meant we diverted to Madeira for a short visit to avoid about ten sea days in a row. I love the sea days so I was delighted with the number of days we had. Which islands are you cruising to? My cousin is off on Ventura next week. If you want any tips just ask.

Wow, my aunt was on this cruise too. Small world eh

Wow, my aunt was on this cruise too. Small world eh

It's amazing how often you meet someone who was on a previous cruise, even if you didn't actually meet the first time, if you understand what I mean. On our first cruise there was a couple who we admired every night as they twirled around the dance floor. Next summer they were there again, different ship, different cruise line. What are the chances of that with the vast choice out there? The next year we were quite surprised not to see them, and to my knowledge we haven 't seen them since. Did your aunt enjoy herself? I did.

Back