carrot cake from SW mag - Help

Nikkiwales

I've tried making the carrot cake out of the new mag twice now and it has come out the same. Looks fine on the outside but when it's cool enough to cut, it isn't cooked enough inside. I can't leave it in any longer as the outside will burn.

What am i doing wrong. Was so looking forward to slice of this tonight

I know this may not be the mainstream answer but as they cook from the inside out I would pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes ,at least it won't be wasted :)
Do you have the recipe? ,sounds yummy x

My daughter made this the other day & it turned out ok, but she said we didn't have any low fat spread (doh marg!) so she used quark instead, & we didn't have any sweetner, so instead of putting in sugar she left it out, and after all that it tasted fine.

Whoops sorry that didn't answer your question:rolleyes:

im not entirly sure which one you mean but i make the scan bran one off the website and never have any problems, its always fab and the ONLY time il ever concider scan bran!

Perhaps try turning the oven down a bit. I always have to make cakes in my oven on 1 setting lower than the one in the recipe to avoid this problem. Hope this helps.

Creamy pineapple- frosted carrot cake

113g low fat spread
57g soft brown sugar
4 tbst sweetener
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
113g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp mixed spice
85g grated carrot

for the topping

113g quark
3 tbsp sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
170g pineapple, peeled, cored, thinly sliced

1, put spread, sugar, sweetner ad prange zest in a bowl and mix.
Whisk vanilla into the eggs, then stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and grated carrot.

2, spoon mixture into 20cm tin, bake for 20mins or until risen and firm to touch. Turn out and leave to cool

3, mix together the topping ingredients ( execpt pineapple) spread over the cooled cake and arrange pineapple on top

Hi thanks guys

Yeah i do think my oven is the problem. It never cooks thing properly or takes alot longer than supposed to. Gonna try making it at my mum's tomorrow instead. For now i'm gonna pop it in the micromave lol

Creamy pineapple- frosted carrot cake

113g low fat spread
57g soft brown sugar
4 tbst sweetener
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
113g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp mixed spice
85g grated carrot

for the topping

113g quark
3 tbsp sweetener
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
170g pineapple, peeled, cored, thinly sliced

1, put spread, sugar, sweetner ad prange zest in a bowl and mix.
Whisk vanilla into the eggs, then stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the flour, baking powder, mixed spice and grated carrot.

2, spoon mixture into 20cm tin, bake for 20mins or until risen and firm to touch. Turn out and leave to cool

3, mix together the topping ingredients ( execpt pineapple) spread over the cooled cake and arrange pineapple on top

Thanks Nikki ,will give this a go when I go shopping on Tuesday,the only other thing I can think of is the low fat spread all the one's I buy say "Not For Baking "on the side??
xx

i made this cake - its yummy - you dont get much for your 6.5 syns - i think i would prefer a curly wurly! lol! xxx

I am going to try to make this for group taster and cut it into little bits for all to taste, so hope it turns out alright as I haven't made a cake in years lol

Back