Carrot's S&S Diary

carrot_tit

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while....... Asking a couple of questions........ Enjoying your successes and debating whether or not i want to go down the route of another VLCD. Well i'm now on Day One so thought i would start a diary to help motivate me and share my experiences with other people.

So I'm Sarah, I'm 32 years old and this is Day One of my Slim&Save Journey. I'd been debating for a while whether or not i should try my hand at another VLCD. I lost just under 3 stone in 2008 on LighterLife but just could not afford to go down that route again. It was £66 the first time i did it, i hear its £72 now if you do sole source. I considered Lipotrim as well as i know that is more affordable but i did one day of that a couple of years ago and the shakes were just awful! So i did a bit of research and came accross Slim&Save.

The stuff arrived last week but since i was going to my partners at the weekend i decided to hold off starting until today. I've been very apprehensive about the whole thing and i've also been panic eating which won't have helped. When i did LL back in 2008 i really struggled. I never once cheated but i went through hell the first two weeks. I felt constantly hungry during those first 2 weeks even though i knew i was in ketosis and i knew it physcological. But then after 2 weeks it was like someone had flipped a switched and suddenely i didn't feel hungry anymore. It was great.

So far today I've had a strawberry and chocolate shake and they don't taste bad at all. Fingers crossed i can make it through this!

Thanks everyone :)

best of luck! i tried Lipotrim a while back and managed 3 days and hated every single second, slim and save is so much easier and taste's so much better! xx

Hi Sarah welcome :)

I did LL 5yrs ago and started sns 2 weeks ago. I find sns much tastier (and obv much cheaper)

:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks everyone :)

Day One is down and gone! I have to say i really struggled with the meal last night. I had Chicken and Broccoli and it was soooooo bland! Plus 200g of Broccoli is actually a massive amount! Not sure i can manage that much veg every night..... But we shall see. Start of Day Two today. Had a couple of black coffees and now starting on some water. Due to have my shake shortly. I must say i feel very cold right now. I remember feeling cold on LL but not so soon! Perhaps its my imagination.

Hope everyone else's day is going well so far!

Welcome hun

Make your protein tasty, add seasoning. Use a pack in combination etc.

Good Luck with it Xx

Thanks RebekahR. I didn't realise we could have seasoning on our protein. I assume there are certain types of seasoning you can't use whilst on S&S?

Day Two was completed yesterday. That was the day the headache started. I also mucked up my meal option by having slightly more protein than 100g... I had 126g but then only had 50g of salad as it was all i could stomach. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem. I also did a 20minute walk, not a massive distance but because i walk fast it burns off a fair few calories..well that's what my GPS watch says anyway!

I'm halfway through Day 3. Had a strawberry and chocolate shake so far. Must admit i felt a bit rough last night and fairly light headed this morning. Not good really.

Anyway home time soon, for my protein and final meal of the day.

Hope everyone else is good!

Just avoid anything with sugar hun. Plenty of nice herb mixes, garlic salt and dry rubs etc check the ingredients and carbs

It gets easier Xx veg is optional if you don't fancy it no need to force down!!

Thanks again. I didn't realise the veg was optional when your doing the 3 packs.... I'm off to the Supermarket tonight to check out herbs and spices :)

Completed Day Three yesterday, think i have started to go into Ketosis as my partner has told me my breath is a bit smelly so have come to work armed with a fresh breath smell. I hope it doesn't last too long, can't really remember from last time!

I'm off race walk training tonight and i must admit i'm a bit nerviou. Last week i burn't off nearly 450 calories which is a lot when your on a low amount to start with! Hope i don't do anything embarrassing like pass out!

How is everyone else doing?

Three packs and protein or four packs. Milk and veg allowed on both options but entirely upto you!!

You'll be fine exercising hun, if your training heavily can have an extra pack. I do when I'm lifting 90 minutes or more

Glad your gettin on ok Xx

Thanks for that rebekah.

I did surprisingly well during training yesterday evening and came home to fish and broccoli. No passing out or feeling like I had less energy than normal.

Today has been Day 5 and I've really struggled this evening. I've felt constantly hungry and have had to fight the urge to pick off my boyfriend's plate. Not looking forward to the weekend. I fear it will be a struggle. Roll on weigh day when the scales should show me It has all been worth it.

Well done, you're doing great, Remember, drink loads of water and some Coke Zero allowed, Check the Stickies on here for a wealth of info to help you as you get into Ketosis. Read some of the threads of the rest of us on here and see what works for us.

Best of luck,

Conor

Thanks Connor

I've been looking through all the threads on here, trying to get some ideas, etc.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I'm excited and also nervous. I've found the last few days a tad hard not all day mind, just at a couple of points in the day. Plus i don't really feel any different. I dunno, i guess i'm just feeling very odd at the moment. I keep thinking about what i will be able to eat once i'm done but i'm thinking about all the wrong foods, obviously and then telling myself i can't go back to eating the way i did before otherwise i'll just end up doing diets like this on and off my whole life.

Hopefully a big weight loss tomorrow will spur me on for next week.

Day Six

Water = 3.5litres
Black Coffee = 0
Green Tea = 0
Skimmed Milk = 0

Chocolate Shake = 130cals
95g Chicken Breast = 163cals
100g Broccoli = 31cals
50g Mushrooms = 7cals
Strawberry Shake = 134cals

Total Calories = 465
Calories Burned = 0
Total = 465

Decided i'm going to post everyday what i had the following day. May as well since i always make a note anyway. Only managed 3 meals yesterday instead of 4 because i didn't get up until gone midday, i'm just impressed i managed to get as much water down me as i did!

Today was my first weigh in and i lost 6.25lbs. Tbh i expected more especially given that i lost 8lbs in my first week on LL but 6lbs is 6lbs. Next weigh in will be my time of the month. Be interesting to see what happens then!

Well done Sarah, that's the equivalent of 3 bags of sugar! Very impressed with the Calorie Counting also. Seems like you're well on your way!

Conor x

Thanks Fairman76. I'm doing a hell of lot better than i thought i would be!

Day Seven - 22/07/12

Water = 3litres
Coffee = 0
Green Tea = 0

Strawberry Shake = 134cals
Chocolate Shake = 130cals
200g Turkey = 200cals
150g Broccoli = 47cals
Strawberry Shake = 134

Total Calories = 645
Calories Burned = 230
Total = 415

I ate more protein than i should have done however i'm sure it won't make too much of a difference in the long run. It was a difficult to get all my packs down me yesterday as i just didn't feel hungry in the afternoon plus i got up late so the one i usually had for breakfast became my lunch. It resulted in me drinking a shake just before bedtime and having to visit the toilet 3 times! Nightmare. I guess given that i'd had the extra protein i could have gotten away with not eating the last shake but felt i needed to. Yesterday was also my first weigh in, i'm 6.25lbs down. I was hoping for more but then again i am greedy :) Wonder what this week will bring given that its my time of the month.

Your doing great hun

I track everything on mfp too :) keeps me on track

Great work Xx don't stress protein it won't do any damage

Thanks Rebekah. I figured i'd be okay on the protein front but you do have this little panics when your new to things.

Day Eight - 23/07/12

Water = 3.5litres
Black Coffee = 3
Green Tea = 0

Strawberry Shake = 134
Chocolate Shake = 130
100g Chicken Breast = 171
150g Broccoli = 47
Milk Chocolate Truffle Bar = 137

Total Calories = 619
Calories Burned = 200
Total = 419

I was super good yesterday. Someone at work fetched a tonne of food in to say thank you to everyone for helping him fundrase and he'd got all my favouries.... Chocolate Cake, crisps, etc.... I didn't touch a thing and tbh i didn't fancy any of it! I just didn't feel hungry or grave it. Woohoo!

Bit of a strange incident last night. Was on my 2nd visit to the toilet and whilst having a wee my stomach was making the most horrendous noises! Not like hunger noses or water noses.... This was something else. I can't even discribe them but its the second time i've had them and they are so odd!!!!!! Anyone had anything similar?

Back