Cas3

KBQueen

Yummy Mummy in the making
How have you lost all that weight? Whats the secret, what a fantastic loss, you must be so proud of yourself xx

Oh thank you hun, i'm glad you joined the summer challenge.

Well in summer 2011 I joined minimins manage to lose half st then fell pregnant! but I promised myself I would limit the weight gain, so I tried to eat healthy on good days, exercised more mainly walking with my toddler in the stroller so I manage to only put on 6lbs by 38.5 weeks the day of c section! I still had take ways and choc etc but more as treats -mainly on the weekend!

I had my little girl I was around st lighter than pre preg, I didnt have much of appetite the first few weeks so I just lived off chocolate then I waited till my lo was 6 weeks and began calorie counting, which was last May, my lo is almost 11 months now so its not been a quick process and weight as come off steady mainly 1lb losses each week, had a few weeks leading up to Christmas where I've had good losses 3-4lbs, some weeks I've just calorie count some weeks I've tried to follow sw or ww's plan but still add up calories on mfp. I would suggest though going on mfp if your not already on their as it does track cals and exercise. I do still have the odd bad weekends etc but always make sure I'm good during the week days. Another thing that's helped is starting a diary so other people can see what your eating and you can look back to track or losses. If you've got a dairy let me know so can I follow you hun, mine's in my signature script x

Its certainly inspiring and I am happy for the weight to come off gradually now as quick fix diets never last xx

Cas, I am so glad I found this thread! You have really inspired me!

I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant (due on Saturday!) and despite my best intentions I've put on a lot of weight while pregnant! I have about 50 pounds to lose once baby arrives. I've been really worried about how I would shift the weight once he's born, I had been trying to follow SW whilst pregnant, but it's not always easy, so have decided to get back into CC which I was doing before I fell pregnant last year. I'm currently having maintenance cals of around 2300 a day (which sounds a lot but is less than I have been eating believe me!). Depending on whether I breastfeed or not, I will change this once baby is born.

It's made me feel so much better knowing someone in a similar situation has been able to lose a similar amount. You're attitude is also really sensible. How soon after having your baby did you start exercising?

Hey Mrs CC I remember you from cc section. Wow can't believe your about to meet your baby! I cc on and off during pg ate about the same as you couldn't stick with sw its too hard and I felt more restricted on it.

If you have a natural birth no complications etc, once you feel well enough you could start going out for walks with baby in the pram, don't do anything to soon, I waited till 5-6 weeks before rushing back into dieting, but I was recovering from section after 2 weeks I started going out for short walks etc. They do say you should wait till after your 6 week check before starting proper exercise.

After my second baby who is now just turn 3 I gained 3 st but most of weight did come off after birth sometimes you gain the weight that you need, my weight gain was in between pregnancies really I gained 4 st in a year almost 5 yrs ago and never could shift it until now, I would say try not to worry about your weight at the moment concentration on meeting your new baby cos it really is amazing.

I'll look out for announcement, good luck for the birth hope it all goes well xx

Hey Mrs CC I remember you from cc section. Wow can't believe your about to meet your baby! I cc on and off during pg ate about the same as you couldn't stick with sw its too hard and I felt more restricted on it.

If you have a natural birth no complications etc, once you feel well enough you could start going out for walks with baby in the pram, don't do anything to soon, I waited till 5-6 weeks before rushing back into dieting, but I was recovering from section after 2 weeks I started going out for short walks etc. They do say you should wait till after your 6 week check before starting proper exercise.

After my second baby who is now just turn 3 I gained 3 st but most of weight did come off after birth sometimes you gain the weight that you need, my weight gain was in between pregnancies really I gained 4 st in a year almost 5 yrs ago and never could shift it until now, I would say try not to worry about your weight at the moment concentration on meeting your new baby cos it really is amazing.

I'll look out for announcement, good luck for the birth hope it all goes well xx

Thanks! Am just waiting on little man making an appearance now! I just worry I will use being a mum as an excuse to keep stuffing my face and I'll still be wearing maternity leggings in two years time!!

Aw your be fine hun, after my first I lost loads of weight I was on a high loved being a new mum! once you got yourself into a routine and established bf if you do, start a new diary I definitely follow you, is the pregnancy going well x

Thanks hun! Will deffo look to start a diary once I'm feeling up to it. I'm hoping to BF but a bit anxious about it as my sister who had her son about 7 months ago had problems so now I'm a bit anxious I'll have the same. But I'm happy to go with whatever! This is my first baby, so I've been a bit nervous, but looking back it's been relatively stress free, fingers crossed it continues to be until he's here!

Back