Cate's diary...Total change

Ok have booked 2 annual leave in so off this week. This morning I felt starving hungry, I had 2 eggs, 2 bacon, and some mushrooms. Filled me full to the brim, now resting on the sofa with lots of water and my kindle, suddenly I feel a bit better!!! Xxx

Feel lots better today, fingers crossed will feel tons better by Thursday, have to start the Christmas shopping!! X

Breakfast
Bacon, eggs, mushrooms.

Lunch spinach, prawns, mayo.

Dinner made a courgette and bacon bake, it was yummy x

Going to get some essentials on Thursday, green and blacks coco, also soya milk, can you make hot chocolate with them?? X

Sliced the courgettes with veg peeler, popped in pan with butter only slightly cooked, put some cream, home made pesto, and slices of Parmigiano-Reggiano into a saucepan, slowly heated until cheese melted. dry fried bacon lardons, put the courgettes and bacon in a shallow Pyrex dish poured the pesto cream sauce over, added cheese to top, in oven until cheese brownish, then served all to myself while the others had pasta and pesto!! They all wanted to try mine!! And they all loved, I said they where not allowed to have, as mixing it with carbs would make them super morbidly obese in a week!!!

Bake sounds delish! And yes, I make hot choc with g&b cocoa, alpro unsweetened soya milk light and sweetener. Mix a little milk into the cocoa to make a paste then gradually add the rest, add sweetener and micro.

My pesto recipe is the same I have used for years, I have forsaken the pine nuts at present due to just starting on induction (will be one of the first things I re introduce) i haves herb cutting board and start by cutting the garlic and basil, I do it in small amounts at a time I use 4 handfuls of basil leaves and 1 garlic glove, I add to pestle with a pinch of salt and gently use the mortal to bruise (apparently more flavoursome) I would have normally added pine nuts that had been under the grill for a minute, but as I said in early induction so left out, I then add 1/2 handful of fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, and add some olive oil (not sure of amount I just add so it looks like a pesto consistency) and slowly stir, I then add 1/2 handful of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and add little bits of oil, that has to be extra virgin olive oil!!! And stir until you've got the best taste for yourself, I know some people add more garlic I like mine to have a subtle garlic flavour.. X can't wait to be able to add pine nuts back, they are so yummy, without still tasty and as cooking with it not so noticeable xx

Just taken the dog for a walk!!!! Love going at silly o'clock in the morning as it means I have the lake all to myself!! Even did a 5 min power walk!! Totally wiped me out, but will try to do most walks now xx going to get some flax seed in later with the soya milk and coco etc. but have decided to wait until a week Thursday to start using. That way I have had 2 weeks of just meat eggs and veggies and fat, also it gives me something to look forward to.

Good plan. I waited months before I started using flax as I was nervous it would stall me but it didn't and now I use it daily. It's all trial and error with new things. The more cleanly I eat the faster I lose, it seems.

Just found a recipe for chicken Alfredo!!! I love it so planning on making over the weekend. Maybe a Friday night treat... And as we loved the courgette/pasta will use on that again x tonight I am making beef burgers, have added a bit of blue cheese to the middle, just waiting for OH to turn up. It's funny but I was starving hungry when I woke so had a massive breakfast, bacon halloumi fried in bacon fat, a boiled egg, and a quarter of mattersons smoked sausage with mushrooms as well!! Now sat here thinking is halloumi allowed on induction??

Glad ur feeling better hun
Meals sound delishhh!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Halloumi is one of the carbier cheeses so you do need to count it carefully. I actually have a feeling it might be on the same owl rung as cottage cheese - but I've had it before and it's done me no harm so as long as you're counting I wouldn't worry.

Another thing I am going to put on the back burner for the time being!!! I worked out my portion was 2g carb!!! I think that will be something to look forward to in the future x

2g isn't bad - you do have 5g after veggies to play with. I think it's fine as an occasional thing (pre-low carb I have eaten whole blocks though, eek)

I know and the calories it packs are shocking!!!

I use my fitness pal and I was 15 carbs yesterday, know I am in ketosis, used a stick and shows bright purple(made sure I drunk more!!) I have a strange taste in my mouth, good job toothpaste is carb free! It is carb free yes????
So today is weigh in day, and I am a little scared to get on the scales. I so want this to work, I have read through all your inspirational diary's, seen your struggles and your successes. I want to have this work so so much!! I am tempted to leave it until next week, yet logic tells me to weigh today, if a sts I could address why, maybe cream is a stall for me maybe cheese should not feature in my plans!! X so I will weight soon!!

Today I am starting my Christmas shopping !!!! So going to eat when out and about eek!!' Not sure if I trust someone else with my carbs, I have planned as much as poss, will be giving Starbucks a wide birth (would normally be my first port if call) instead I have told my mother that I now plan in supporting the coffee shops in the market, as they are local owned!! I can get a black coffee there and not feel deprived! They do omelettes with pick your own fillings!! X
And the scales say 10lbs lighter oh my oh my, did a little dance in my big knickers!!! Thank god no one saw xx

Back