Cats that like water?

Symphony

Helloo,

Does anyone elses cat like water? All mine hate it except my white fluffy one, she showers with me every morning!

She wont get under the stream of the shower but she likes me to cup water into my hands and put it over her face... shes so strange!!

anyone else have a strange cat who likes showers?? lol

Sarah xx

I had a cat that used to wade into a neighbours pond and catch his fish! His favourite game was batting around a ping pong ball floating in the paddling pool. And I had to lock the bathroom door when i had a bath or he would join me in the tub, fully immersed except for his head. No idea why he loved it, none of his siblings could stand the water.

My hand reared cat is water curious, sits on my chest when i'm in the bath, patting the water. He had a few baths as a kitten because human mums aren't quite as good as cat mums at washing kittens.

I'm so glad my cats aren't the only ones, my kitten tabby more so than my other boy!!

Seamus will climb on me if I'm in the bath, and paw at the water...when he gets it on his paws he'll flick it out. If I leave the bathroom door open he will sit in the bath in the water puddles!! He prefers to drink from the sink too - which is pretty much the same with my older kitten, Owen, only he isn't quite as enthusiastic when it comes to me in the bath!!

Funny things are cats, very endearing though =] xx

My Reggie used to like sitting on the side of the bath talking (meowing) to me whilst I soaked...............until the day he lost his balance

One soggie kitten and a seriously scratched owner later and we made a pact that I would be left alone with my book at bathtime

xxx

Someone recently gave me an abandoned 2 week old kitten,mum had dissappeared so she had'nt been washed,so i gave her a bath in the kitchen sink,half filled the basin with warm water +nice smelling shower gel,held her in there up to her neck...she loved it,then dried her with hairdryer...she smelled great:D

Usually my cat Lucy(the coloured one on the left)will sit at the door when she wants to go outside to toilet,but in the last week cos of snow when i open the door she sniffs the air for about 5 mins while i stand there freezing...decides its too cold to go out,dashes back into the bathroom,hops in the bath and leaks in the plughole!!!what can i say:Djen

I saw a great You Tube vid a few weeks ago of a cat drinking fomr the tap and then putting his head under it, the cat looked so happy. Will have a look for the link becuase it is so cute x

Honey,
I've just seen the u tube vid of the cat drinking from the tap,and dipping her head under the water is amazing :D...must have been high summer,i tried gettin my cat to watch the video to see if she copy it...doubt it...jen

Hi, one of my kittens is fascinated with watching the water when I turn on the sink tap. He wants to tap it and tries to catch it with a paw, super cute to watch !!! Gets a bit miffed when I turn it off, then sits in the sink, watching and waiting for the next water extravaganza !!!! Hahaha !!! He's a bit mad anyway !!!!

Diva x

Hi, one of my kittens is fascinated with watching the water when I turn on the sink tap. He wants to tap it and tries to catch it with a paw, super cute to watch !!! Gets a bit miffed when I turn it off, then sits in the sink, watching and waiting for the next water extravaganza !!!! Hahaha !!! He's a bit mad anyway !!!!

Diva x

haha thats what I said about my cats, they were a bit mad anyway... maybe its a requirement to like water so much! x

My kitten is amazing, she lives water and the bathroom!! Whenever I go in there she follows me!! She likes siting in the bath with no water, drinking from the tap and sitting on the sink. She doesn't even mind walking on a wet surface x

My Kitty lives in the bathroom! You can usually guarantee she's either in the sink, trying to turn the tap on or asleep in the bath. We have one of those shower heads that plugs onto the taps and if I've left it lying in the bath, she'll usually sit there batting it trying to get a bit of water out. And she loves sitting on the edge of the bath and playing with the bubble when I'm bathing.

We inherited a huge cat climing frame from my brother in law a while ago and we decided to put it in the bathroom (we have a pretty big bathroom), since that's where she spends most of her time. It's almost become her room. Visitor think we're mad when they walk into the bathroom and see a giant cat climber sitting next to the sink!
:p Haha

Back