catthins diary to a slimmer me

Yoooo Hoooo

How you doing lovely girl? Just dawned on me that I had not seen you post in a couple of days.

Hope all is well, thinking of you x

Hi Clara
Thank you for your message. I am still here we have been away for a couple of days unexpectedly lol.We left on monday morning to go to west wales to launch my hubbys boat. I went prepared took my shakes even asked for hot water for my soup in a cafe.
Well all was going well untill we launched the boat and it partly fell off the slip way and landed in the mud.It was stuck.We enlisted the help of a local farmer and his tractor.By this time the tide had started going out so the boat was going no where.It was also 7pm so OH decided we would stay in a B&B overnight and relaunch the next day on high tide.
This was when I had to put my adult brain into operation.I had had three packs up till 7pm and had two left for the next day dilema do I have my last shake or save the two for tomorrow and have a light meal.
So plan sorted chicken breast with salad for dinner.Then I decided I would have bacon and egg for breakfast leaving me two shakes for the rest of the day.
We eventually got the boat launched at 6pm so it was another long day. I caved in about 5pm and ate a chocolate bar I was hingry thirsty and tired.Oh well could have been worse.I also missed my class and weigh in as we didnt get back untill 11pm.
I didnt have much water to drink both days as we were out in the wilds and no toilets around.
So back to 100% today water shakes galore.
I will try and go for a weigh in tonight if I can otherwise it will be friday pop in.
Hope you are getting on Ok Clara.
Take care
Cathy

Wotcha Cathy.

Glad to to hear you are well. Not a total disaster the unexpected stay in Wales, proud of you. I think I would have used that as an excuse to eat and drink. It does tickle me that when we lapse it tends to be on rubbish food. Very rarely do people say i lapsed, I was hungry so I lovingly prepared a chicken salad ! lol

Where in West Wales, I am south west wales?

keep fightin the good fight xx

Hi Clara
My downfall has always been chocolate so I suppose I was quite good really as it was only one bar lol.
We were launching the boat in Pensarn harbour between Harlech and Shell Island.
We are off again this weekend but I will be taking ample packs with me.
Yesterday i went to visit my sister,i havent seen her for two weeks and she was amazed at the weight I had lost.She had been sorting out her clothes and had a bag of size 14s from when she was overweight !!. She asked me if i wanted them.I tried on a couple of the tops and yipee they fitted.The dresses were a little tight around my hips as were the skirts.So I now have my next wardrobe of clothes.
My Son and his Fiancee came for a visit on tuesday.It looks like i am going to need to alter her wedding dress as it is a little too tight at the back.So we ended up talking about weight and she said to me I wasnt alllowed to be slimmer than her at the wedding haha. Oh dear and I was planning on geting down to a size 10.
I just smiled and said you will be the belle of the ball and look stunning.
So the countdown is now on. My mum wants me to go shopping with her so we can get our wedding outfits but she is away untill 24th august. Im not really sure I will buy mine then as I will still be loosing weight but it will be fun trying on smaller size clothes.
Have a great day everyone.
Cathy

Hi cathy well done cathy wise thinking on how to ration the packs , ive been a pack down since i started as i opened and tasted the toffee bar and was horrified with what it presented couldn't stomach it at all so i threw it away and been a pack down since , plucked up the courage to say at meeting and she gave a me an extra one so im back to full supply lol ..... love the fact you decided on chicken salad !! These tides have a lot to answer for my hubby and kids are always away fishing ... hope it goes better for you next weekend take care karen x

Hi Karen
Thank you fior your post. My OH is a keen sea fisherman so I get lots of free weekends to do as I like lol.
Well I got weighed on friday at pop in 2lbs off so pleased with that.
We left for wales straight after my weigh in and I decided to do a light weekend so had Three packs and a light meal.I tried to drink as much water but only managed two litres each day have been topping up since I came home.Not expecting too much at weigh in on tuesday.
Hope everyone is doing OK.
I am back to work on wednesday feeling very anxious about it as I have been off for 7 weeks.
Cathy

I felt anxious after going back to work after two weeks, but I can well imagine what after 7 weeks must be like.

You can deal with that though, every confidence in you x

Good luck for Wednesday Cat xx

Thank you Clara and SB for your encouraging posts.
i kept myself busy today I drove to Skipton and back this morning to collect another sewing/embroidery machine I had bought.
Then when I got back i went and had my hair cut short.
I am worried about going back to work for several reasons,one of them being the temptation of eating food as there is always lots of food available and none of it healthy.But I will be strong I have to I have got this far and Im not letting go.
I have my weigh in tonight but not expecting too much as I only got weighed on Friday.
So I will update later .
Take care everyone
Cathy

Good luck for going back to work Cath. I know how you feel, I was off sick for 6 months. I found it really difficult to go back. Thought everyone would be talking about me. But, like the food side of things, I'm sure everyone had far more interesting things to discuss, like who was sleeping with who, to bother about my return to work :)

Thanks debbie Im sure Im worrying over nothing.
Just get the first day over and it will be like I was never off lol.
Well weigh in tonight 1lb down which Im happy with .
Next week will be a better week.100% all the way no distractions no family events so no excuses. plus I am going back to the gym.
I am going to go to the aquarobics and intro to pilates for starters this week.
Take care everyone
Cathy

Well done Cath - still going in the right direction.
Good luck with going back to work.
Once you say "no thank you" when it's cakes, birthdays, etc, etc, it becomes easier each time. People soon get used to you not partaking and then they talk about someone/something else Debbi
is right.
Remember, you are in control - it's all in your head.
I know you won't let it go now. You may find that thinking about work makes it easier to get into a routine again and not think of food.
I look forward to seeing how you get on. xxx

Good luck for today. You are right once you have got over the first day it is like you have never been off. Trust me on this lol

Stay strong wth the food, blame it on post op changes in your body if you dont fancy going into details about lighter life.

Chin up lovely xx

Well done Cath - still going in the right direction.
Good luck with going back to work.
Once you say "no thank you" when it's cakes, birthdays, etc, etc, it becomes easier each time. People soon get used to you not partaking and then they talk about someone/something else Debbi
is right.
Remember, you are in control - it's all in your head.
I know you won't let it go now. You may find that thinking about work makes it easier to get into a routine again and not think of food.
I look forward to seeing how you get on. xxx
Thanks SB
You are so right,i am in control.I stayed in control today.The staff are all very supportive and today wasnt too bad.I was just so tired when i got in.Two more days til the weekend .
Cathy

Hi Clara
Thank you for your good luck wishes.Today was Ok I had forgotten a few things but lots of help and support from colleagues.No temptations of food today and managed to drink plenty of water.Everyone commented about how good I looked and how much weight I had lost.My uniform is hanging off me so I will need to order new ones LOL.
Hope you are doing OK and you get your secondment sorted.
Cathy

Aw you sound so positive, well done hun. Those comments must have really gave you a buzz and so they should you have worked hard for them! Hope you have a good day xxx

So pleased its the weekend I am absolutely shattered after my first week back and I only did three half days.Next week im back to three full days agggg.
I have been 99% Last night i nibbled a bit of chicken off the carcass my son had left in the kitchen.Yes it was habit nothing more nothing less.
But im not going to beat myself up.I have been doing lots of thinking this week I have decided once i have lost 3 stone I am going to do RTM so by the time the wedding comes I will be able to eat some food that is allowed on the plan.Then after the wedding if I still feel I need to lose more weight I will do another month of LLT.
I bought a size 14 dress and skirt in the sales yesterday and they fit me very well,not tight at all so my shape is changing.
So hopefully a size 12 is achievable by october even with RTM.
take care everyone have a great weekend
Cathy

I should be jumping with joy and glowing with pride.I am in a size 14 .I have recovered from my operation and feel really well. I have a good job a supportive family yet I am feeling really down and grumpy.
I have lots to keep me occupied i am making two bridesmaid dresses for my sons wedding in October,which are coming along nicely.
My OH and one son have gone away for the weekend so I have lots of free time to do what I want but cant motivate myself.
I need a good kick up the backside to sort myself out.
Sorry for the moaning post just needed to put it down in words then hopefully I can reflect and move forward.
I might go for a walk later see if that lifts my mood.
Hope everyone has a good weekend
Cathy

Back