Catt's refeed for LT Journey Part 1

Catt

Silver Member
I am refeeding this week prior to my holiday in Florida which is the reason I went on LT. The funny thing is my intention was to end it now and diet by healthy eating and exercising when I come home. Now that has changed I love this diet so much I am going back on it on the 19th July for Part 2 :D:D:D

I have just had the summer fruits formula for my breakfast and although I liked it I could only manage half of it :( I keep trying to sip more but I am just so full :eek:

I am going to have the chocolate mouse for lunch. I am off to the gym in an hour so hopefully I will have a better appetite by then.

I am really looking forward to eating real food later today :eatdrink051: plus a little apprehensive too :p:p:p

Catch up later xxx

Catt, well done on your losses to date. I too, had initially intended doing lt for a month or so to kick start me but soon I was six months and six stone down the road. Good luck for your refeed and hope you have a fab time in Florida.

Thanks Molly :) Aww do I have to have food. I am going to make my second shake but I am so not hungry :( Will it be bad if I skip one or do I need to follow the plan even though I'm not hungry?? Please can anyone offer advice thanks xxx

If I was you I would stick to the plan 100%. It really is best for you as you are only refeeding for 1 week.

It's funny that we aren't too keen to have food again, we all love our shakes so much by the end of this we miss them when we can't have them!

Ok I made the chocolate whip :yuk::yuk::yuk: far too sweet and I'm just not hungry :confused: I could only manage to lick the back of spoon a few times :eek:

I do hope I'm not coming down with something :(

See what I'm like with 'real' food later :p:p:p

It's funny cos I really liked the choc mousse last time. It's a bit like choc angel delight to me.

Good luck with your tea later, what you going to have then? Whatever it is I bet you will think it tastes great!

You are right Bev it tasted delicious :) :) :) Wow I mean really delicious! I had steamed plaice and salad drizzled with Balsamic vinegar - very original ;) but fab!

I made a chocolate mousse for breakfast and couldn't stomach it so made a summer fruits one and couldn't stomach that either today :eek: So I took them back and swopped them for tfr shakes :)

I had fish and salad again for lunch and grilled turkey with salad for tea. Oh my goodness the turkey was so yummy :D I really am enjoying eating again. I cant wait for tomorrow as I can have a potato :p:p:p

The only downside on the horizon is the thought that I might gain weight and start to retain fluid again which was always a problem :cry: I have upped my exercise and will just have to hope for the best.

Hi Catt,
Not sure where I read it but saw something about you being ill. Hope your feeling a bit better now :) . I'm not getting on too well with potatoes as well! I have had a few days without them but tried some tonight so we will see how it goes! How are you getting on?
Hope your ok hun.
T x

Hi Catt,
Not sure where I read it but saw something about you being ill. Hope your feeling a bit better now :) . I'm not getting on too well with potatoes as well! I have had a few days without them but tried some tonight so we will see how it goes! How are you getting on?
Hope your ok hun.
T x

Aww thanks :) I am feeling better today although I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for food. I think I am out of ketosis because hubby says my breath dosn't smell anymore lol! I'm a bit surprised I'm not starving and wanting to eat everthing in sight - long may this continue.

Although the food tastes nice I have a very take it or leave it attitude. I also get mega full and can't manage to eat so much. I had baked potato yesterday and wonder if it was the skin that made me ill as today I had boiled potatoes and I seem fine. I also had a framage frai and was ok so looks like I'm ok with dairy.

I hope you are ok after eating potatoes again, let me know how you get on xxx

HI Catt
I have just commented in the forum, and asked you why you were refeeding..should have looked in here first!!!!

I see you are going on holiday......hope you have a good time...but as Bev says, stick with the plan on refeed 100%....it is the best policy and it will help your glycogen levels as well.

I know what you mean about food....and the shakes...you see, the shakes take food out of the equation and for a time that is good..no need to think what to have for each meal. I remember it being so liberating and I then loved to cook as I didnt have to eat it :)..the hard part is definately when you start to eat and you have to make right choices every minute of the day ;-)!!!

I am sure when you get back from your hols you will know what is the right way to go.....whether that is total TFR again or healthy eating!

Have a wonderful holiday!

How you feeling today then Catt? Better I hope. I couldn't stand the summer fruits either, way too sweet for me but I really liked the choc mousse and the bars.

Glad you're enjoying your food more now, the tastes are so good aren't they. I couldn't believe how good red pepper tasted to me, liked it before but loved it after LT.

Hope you are getting on o.k on refeed. Don't worry too much about not having a great appetite yet. Remember you have been without solid food for a long number of weeks and your stomach will have shrunk. Eat nice small portions and try and stick to the refeed sheet.
You must be really looking forward to your holiday now. You will enjoy it so much as you will have so much more energy and confidence.

Back