Cauliflower Cheese or Size 12 Dress?

emski

Gold Member
Feeling a little smug as I managed to avoid filling my face with creamy scrummy brown cheese on top cauliflower cheese at work yesterday. I work at a local hospital and ventured to the canteen in the hope of finding something tasty yet healthy. Luckily I had stashed some nimble bread in my bag as the only option available to me was BAKED BEANS!
The roast they do on a sunday consisted of fatty,dried up pork, roast potatoes that looked like they had been sat there for 3 hours, chips, cauliflower cheese and green beans!
I said to the man behind the counter that they should do more healthy options.. he said we do MONDAY TO FRIDAY ! What a joke! Its a blooming hospital for goodness sake.
Anyhoo, apart from feeling smug am also a little fed up at the mo.. I have found myself getting so disorganised with my food this week. Today for example, didnt eat until 11.30 and that was one Alpen light, then at 1pm had Ryvita minis a tin of mackerel with cucumber and tomato.. then I found myself eating an omlette made with 3 eggs, gammon, tomato and babybel lights at 5.. just got some chicken out of the fridge thinking I was hungry but Im not so its going back. Its like Im forgetting to eat or too busy then cramming it all in in a short space of time. Also seem to be relying on stuff I can just grab and run or takes no time to prepare . Not sure what point I am trying to make really.

well done on avoiding the cauliflower cheese! you have every right to be smug!

it's pretty shocking that hospitals don't sell healthier foods in their canteens. although i know that lots of places that sell roast dinners buy in ready cooked roast potatoes, then deep fry them - grim!

i need to be fairly organized with the food i take to work as we have a pantry with crisps, ice cream and biscuits in, which i can eat whenever i like! the only free foods in there for me are potatoes, baked beans, tinned spaghetti/tomatoes and sometimes salad stuff! pretty boring if i ate that 5 days a week!

if i make food for dinner that i can eat the following day i make too much, so i can take the leftovers to work the next day. i also stockpile ryvitas!

Back