Cauliflower Rice ....

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
I've heard about this but not sure how i go about making it.

Does anyone know and care to share?

ah thankyou :D

Thanks - im on day 2 of reefeed at the moment :) x

Hey!

I tried this recipe and it turned out very well. In fact I bought a small Kenwood food processor on Amazon in order to make not only cauliflower rice but even sugar-free low carb 'nutella', from scratch!

I also make low carb bread from online recipes and let me tell you it makes a real difference to the daily diet. The key thing is to eat such foods sparingly. Carb creep is a very real phenomenon and calories do count particularly when you are trying to lose weight and not just maintain.

Cauliflower is a low carber's dream. I had no idea it could be so versatile! I eat lots of it now.

By the way you can buy low carb 'rice' made out of low carb pasta. I bought mine at sugarfreemegastore. Quite cheap and very acceptable as it has 'bite'. Again, don't overdo the amount.

Cauliflower is great for making Mash as well ~ Steam it until soft then mash with a masher adding, cheese and butter... YUM :)

I definitely need to try that Cauliflower Rice, sounds amazing! Here’s a recipe for Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower in it. It has 70 calories and 12g of Carbs. Let me know what you think.

Ranch Mashed Potatoes
Ranch_Mashed_Potatoes.jpg

Prep Time: 15 min * Total Time: 35 min * Makes: 6 servings, 1/2 cup each

What You Need:

1 lb.potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
1 cup bite-size cauliflower florets
1/4 cup KRAFT Light Ranch Dressing

How To Make:

COOK potatoes and cauliflower in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until vegetables are tender.
DRAIN vegetables; return to saucepan. Add dressing; mash until vegetable mixture is light and fluffy.

Click Here to go to the recipe and see nutritional facts

You can find lots of recipes using Cauliflower on our website under seasonal produce at SaladCenter.com

Last edited:
Mmmm cauliflower.... just yummy. Had some when I got home from uni earlier; chopped-up, microwaved until tender and then mashed-up with butter, salt and pepper. Delicious.

My latest mini-craze: cauliflower mashed up with salt, pepper and full fat Philadelphia cheese.

Oh my...

But as I recently discovered by re-checking the figures cauliflower like other veggies is far from carb-free and we need to be careful with portion size. Sad for me because I can eat a lot of cauli at a sitting!

Last edited:
Hi GG,

You can google South Beach Diet recipes and those are very low GI friendly, as well as, low cal.

MM

Mmmm thank you!

Low GI seems great to me particularly for my own maintenance in (I hope!) the near future. I do miss fruit, and berries/melon cannot totally fill the gap. I will stay low-carb, though. The benefits are just too many to even think of swapping back.

I am very keen to find tasty low carb and perhaps low cal recipes. I have peeked at the South Beach Diet, the Kee Diet, the Zone diet, and many others. I have not so far checked out the recipe sections!

Cheers.

Last night I experimented by adding sliced green beans to cauliflower florets and whizzing them up in my food processor. The result, when cooked 'til tender in the microwave, was surprisingly tasty. I will try other complementary veg combinations. The finished results can easily double as 'rice' for curries or other dishes and also make a welcome change to the 'two veg' norm.

Mashed with cream cheese or cheddar/cheese of choice they are a real treat!

Back