cc and whey protein shakes

LadyJo

Silver Member
hello all new to this part of mini mins and need some advice.
im currently calorie counting to lose weight and going to the gym 3 times a week.
weight loss is going well and ive currently lost my first stone :)

my question is about protein shakes, ive been trying to get more health foods into my diet and have noticed protein shakes in my health food store and read how popular they are online, as i said im over weight would it hinder my weight loss if i introduced protein shakes into my calorie intake and is there any benefits from them?? was thinking having my lunch then going to the gym hour or so later then having protein shake to curb hunger after wards instead of reaching for something that tends not to be a protein packed snack...
look forward to your thoughts :)

Yeah theres no harm in giving them a go. I use them for after training, most are around the 100 cals per scoop mark but obviously be careful with what you buy.

I use nutrisport 90+ whey and thats around 90cals a scoop i been told that PHD diet whey is rearly good to around 90cals a scoop.

They do seem to help with stopping cravings to which is always a good thing but i wouldnt rely on using them for your overall nutrition, they are a supplement and should only be used as a supplement to your normal diet.

Thanks for your reply.

Think I've made a mistake because I just wanted to try them out I looked for a smaller box of protein shake and bought Nestlé build up shakes cos they were only £3 to try rather than £20 on a huge tub. It's got 14.4g protein per serving but I've just seen its got 32.3g sugar in 38g serving! Think I might take them back, that much sugar can't be good???!

Back