Cc help

Mummy2Bslim

Banned
HI everyone,

I'm usually on Sw but I'm pregnant and finding it hard to stick to the right foods so I am trying cc for two weeks to see if it helps!

I'm using my fitness pal and I've inputted my weight and height and it says to maintain my weight I would need to have 2500 cals, is it right that you need a deficiency of 3500 to lose 1lb?

Thanks for any help

X x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
HI everyone,

I'm usually on Sw but I'm pregnant and finding it hard to stick to the right foods so I am trying cc for two weeks to see if it helps!

I'm using my fitness pal and I've inputted my weight and height and it says to maintain my weight I would need to have 2500 cals, is it right that you need a deficiency of 3500 to lose 1lb?

Thanks for any help

X x x

Did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose weight, or just maintain it? You do need a deficiency of 3500 to lose a pound, so if you eat 500 calories less than your body needs a day, you'll lose a pound a week, on average. As I'm sure you know, however, you must consult your doctor if you're trying to lose weight during pregnancy, so they should be able to advise you on the best way to do it safely.

All the best. xx

The mw is happy for me to follow Sw or cc but Sw isn't giving me the flexibility for when I'm feeling sick and need an instant sugar boost whereas with cc I can have healthy meals but have chocolate when I need it within my cals

X x x

I would recommend calorie counting to anyone, it's the most sensible and sustainable weight loss method. As you say, you can incorporate whatever you like into it. Funnily enough, the only time in my life I ever went off chocolate was when I was pregnant, lol. I'm not eating it at the moment, through choice, and really not missing it. 5 stone down, same again to go!

Take care. xx

Wow well done you! I had lost 4 stone on slimming world I've gained 16lbs so far and I'm almost 26 weeks so I want to lose some of that again if possible!

It's funny I'm not a mega chocolate person but I'm finding that if it's been a while since I've eaten I need chocolate or something sweet to stop me feeling sick and snacking on fruit isn't enough!

If cc doesn't work I will try making myself lots of slimming world meals and have 6 smaller meals through the day instead of 3 main meals see if that works lol.

X x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
Wow well done you! I had lost 4 stone on slimming world I've gained 16lbs so far and I'm almost 26 weeks so I want to lose some of that again if possible!

It's funny I'm not a mega chocolate person but I'm finding that if it's been a while since I've eaten I need chocolate or something sweet to stop me feeling sick and snacking on fruit isn't enough!

If cc doesn't work I will try making myself lots of slimming world meals and have 6 smaller meals through the day instead of 3 main meals see if that works lol.

X x x

Thanks! I think the smaller meals idea is a good one - I swear by snacking throughout the day, as I feel it keeps my metabolism ticking over nicely. I fill a plastic tub with dry cereal and keep it on my desk at work, then have some every time I have a coffee etc. Works for me! xx

Back