CD and Coke Zero

Asa

Silver Member
Hi, I know that you are not really supposed to drink diet sodas on CD. But some CDCs says it is ok with a little Coke Zero. My question is if there is anyone out there who drink Coke Zero regularly, and still have a good weight loss?

I only ever drink diet coke. i stay in ketosis and my losses have never suffered apart from when I've eaten.

i drink nothing but coke zero or diet coke and in my first week i lost a stone.

don't worry about it, just drink it.

I stay clear, last restart I noticed smaller losses and I was having 1 coke zero per day. This time round I am completely addicted to the water flavouring

I think it all depends on the person but I've been drinking zero drinks since week 2 and have lost 40 lbs in 12 weeks so it seems to be OK for me
Personally I think that sacrificing 1/2 a pound loss a week to have the zero drinks is far better than trying to drink water all the time and failing to stay on the diet
Check with keto sticks - I did and the colour has stayed constant throughout
Hope this helps
Andrea

Thanks for your input! I guess I will just have to try little of both. I also tend to drink too much when I start, but if I can limit myself to a glass ever now and then, it might be a great treat.

I have drunk 2 small glasses of coke zero since I started CD. I have also drunk several strawberry and kiwi Perfectly Clears. I couldn't say if it has affected my losses or not - but I don't think so.

its not just the effect on ketosis or calories, but more about bloating and then causing some people to go on to crave other things...
Personally, if it aint in the book, it aint going in my mouth....but you need to accept that if you choose to have it, that it "might" have an effect on the diet/scales.
I've never been a coke person...so dont miss anything like that and i love my water....just make sure your having lots of water!
Maybe treat it the same as food....drink an extra couple of glasses of water before you give in to the need.....
hth hun
xxx

I have a coke zero as a treat at the weekend when everyone else is drinking wine. It hasn't affected my losses, but I only have one 500ml bottle and that could be spread over the whole weekend!!

Back