CD and general anaesthetic.... :(

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by blue_grapefruit, 4 September 2008 Social URL.

1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

I'm having my preop appointment for my complete wisdom teeth removal on the 11th of september.

They say the bottom two are growing under the jaw and so i have to follow A HIGH CALORIE diet to repair the bone following the operation.

Now they havent given me a date fro the op, but it will be a month or so after my pre op.....

WHAT DO I DO?! aaaargh! xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Oh babes, :hug99:

4. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

Well, it depends on how much they are bothering you. Why don't you ask if it HAS to be done now, or can it wait until the New year? It's your body, and your NHS.

Did they really mean HIGH calorie, or did they just mean you need to eat nutritious food after your op to make sure you have enough nutrients to heal. I know after heart ops they say not to restrict calories, but at the same time they don't say eat heaps.

If it does need to be done asap, then my advice would be get it done, then recover, then get yourself back on CD asap. You've managed so well this time, you will be able to get back on it after an op too.

5. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    I had my wisdom teeth out a couple of years back & neither the dentist or the hospital told me to eat a high cal diet.

CD is nutrionally 100% for all vit & mins.

Maybe go up to 810 plan for a couple of weeks? I would've thought a high protein & calcium diet would be better???

xx

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Aww Leah :(

The official line for Cambridge and generals is no less that 1200 cals for 2 weeks before the op, and 4 - 12 weeks after, depending on healing. I find that mouthy things tend to heal really quickly. I had the same sort of thing a few months ago with the jaw bone (will spare you details....as I know Leah ;). Didn't have a general, but was surprised how quickly it healed.

Can you get your CDC to phone for medical advice?

7. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Was under the impression you weren't allowed to do CD for 3 months post surgery?

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I believe 3 months is the guideline, but much depends on other factors, so it can be as little a 4 weeks, probably with the say so from the dr.

Always worth getting your CDC to clarify with the Cambridge medical officer if you are healing well and everyone is happy that you are back to norm.

9. blue_grapefruit

Ah dom, you sound so wise (i know the truth)

I have been on the waiting list for 16 months so can't really pass it by - and the high calorie thing is because the bottom teeth are stuck under the bone so they chip away at my jaw *VOMIT* and they say 2000 - 2500 cals a day (i dont think i could manage that!)

I don't have the option to have it under local because of how far they need to split the gums (omg, passing out here)

MAkes me sick just thinking about it, not slept in days

10. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    :eek::eek::eek:

:hug99:

11. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    That's what they did to me. Had to cut a fair amount of jawbone away (no general). I didn't have to do such a high calorie though. Can't see why a general would mean that amount of calories:confused:

It was okay though Leah. I walked home (alone) after it. Bit shakey, but was back at work that afternoon.

There again...I am a loony.:D

12. blue_grapefruit

You had to have the four out too?

OMG not reading this thread anymore

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    No. Just two. That was enough :D The other wisdom teeth came out fine. It was just the ones that had wrapped around my facial nerve and jaw (something like that anyway).

I did have 2 hospital dentists working on it together and they were so nice :)

I wrote about it on here at the time. But think I made a fuss, so best not read :D

14. Lesly Cambridge

Lesly Cambridge Cambridge Consultant

Diet:
    Guess?!
    Hi Leah, just sending condolences, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

How about asking them for much more info about what they mean by
    high Cal? And what kind of foods? You can't be the first person to ask that, I suppose.

x

15. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Poor Leah - get lots of advice from Cambridge and also the dentists. Lots of hugs hun (((((((((((((((((((Leah)))))))))))))))))

16. hopefulslimmer

hopefulslimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey missus,

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed under general anesthetic and wasn't told that I had to follow any kind of diet (I wasn't on CD at the time though) so just eat whatever you can, it probably won't be alot but you will crave what your body needs. I ate alot of mashed potato and soup and I was eating steak within the week. As long as you follow the plan they give you, i.e use the mouthwash twice a day or after eating and only eat things which won't get trapped you will probably heal really quickly! You will be miserable for a couple of days after the op but you will be fine, honest! And don't worry about being scared or nervous as you have nothing to worry about :D

17. blue_grapefruit

Scared? Nervous? I'm terrified hun!

It might have something to do with needing to stay under sedation for 4 days afterwards? urrrgh x

18. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    It was okay though Leah. I walked home (alone) after it. Bit shakey, but was back at work that afternoon.

There again...I am a loony.:D[/quote]

You WALKED home and went to WORK after all that???:eek: Loony isn't the word for it! BARKING MAD! Superhuman!

19. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Im no expert but 2500 cals!? Thats rediculous. I understand youl have to have some calcium in your diet but surely 1200-1500 is enough?

20. lottymoo

lottymoo Taking one day at a time.

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.73%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    you sure the person wasn't jealous...and wanted you to gain weight?? what a strange recommendation. I had all 4 out under a general, was fine & healed nice & quick. You will be fine & very well done you!! xx

21. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Any idea why? I've never heard of that before :confused:

Certainly not superhuman :D Barking mad...well...yes.

I was too frightened to drive and it's the alternative I use if I'm not using the car.:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.