CD AND REDUCTIL?

dibzzy

Hi..
i just need some good old confirmation of some info i got when i called the cd headquaters..i asked abt cd with reductil (appetite suppressant) and was told that they are looking into it and couldnt see any reason why they wudnt be compatible..im abit confused..any thoughts?

Way before CD I was prescribed reductil by my Dr. My understanding of that medication is that it doesn't allow any fat to remain in the body - so any fat you consume comes out in an oily poop (sorry to be so graphic!) Therefore, I do not see how reductil would help your weight loss while on CD because you aren't consuming any fat with the shakes...??? So I really do not see how in your case reductil would aid your weight loss any more. It isn't really a appetite suppressant...who told you this?

I have always been told by CDC's that to take diet supplements alongside the diet can be quite dangerous. If you follow CD to the latter there really should be no need to want to loose anymore, the losses are as good as they can be on any weight loss regime, if not one of the best.

I know how you feel, when overweight you want a miracle and for the weight to go - the truth of it is, the weight loss WILL happen but whether you loose 4lb or 10lb a week it will still take some time for you to loose all that you need to. It really does take that little willpower and persevering.

If you are finding the 3 shakes a day difficult because you are hungry, (I did also!) I went to my GP and had my contraceptive pill changed to 'yasmin' - this does suppress your appetite! This pill is used for a lot of overweight people because of this reason. Most pills make you gain weight, but yasmin and I believe 'dianete' are the 2 pills used for helping to suppress large appetites in women. May be worth a chat with your GP to discuss your options.

Best of Luck hun. Hugs x x x

Reductil is an appetite suppressant, not like xenical, which is the fat blocker...

That's not what I was told Ruth!!! When I took it about 3 years ago, if ever I was 'naughty' (foodwise) I would have horrendous stomach cramps and disgusting oily poo's!!! lol

I could be wrong, I'm just going off what happened with me, I really would not have thought it is safe to take while doing CD. Maybe a CDC will pop along and enlighten us!!! I think it would be better to go on the pill maybe???

dibzzy - Have you told your GP you are on a VLCD? I doubt whether they would prescribe you with diet pills if they knew this. That's not to say they would not suggest something else as my GP did. Just don't like the thought of you (or anyone!) being unwell.

Hugs x x x

CD Counsellor - we cross posted! lol Thanks for clearing that up! x

XENICAL.com -- What Does XENICAL Do? is known for oily poo, can buy it over the counter as Alli or ali, not sure which. Reductil is the appetite suppressant, I've been on it.
Me too hun! Not been on XENICAL - actually never heard of it. Been on reductil though, it's a green and cream capsule, quite big and hard to swallow! Defo gave me oily poos if I ate something that was fatty.
Anyway it doesn't matter really! Neither are allowed on CD. ;)

Back