CD and The Pill

I don't think it stops it being effective - however being on the pill does not protect from the TOTM havoc that CD can play!

Some ladies on CD have irregular bleeding and breakthrough bleeds while on the diet regardless of contraception. I have known people who have had the coil for a number of years and not had any periods but as soon as they start CD they have had a breakthrough bleed within a short space of time.

Yep my periods have been all over the place - they stopped completely at my heaviest and started coming back after a couple stone lost. Then I went on the pill and they sort of follow the right pattern mostly but have had 4 week bleeds or 1 day ones so it's not as it should be but I think that can happen on any diet.

I'm on cycle day 33 of a usual 28 day cycle .. grrr.. I wish it would turn up

As far as I know theres no reason why it would affect the Pill, however when you lose weight you can become more fertile so the message is DON'T forget to take it!!! :D:D:D

Nor am I aware of any evidence that the diet reduces the efficacy of the pill.
It is certainly something that CD would have looked for & the fact that the pill & HRT are the only prescribed meds that do not requiore any confirmation from the GP before starting the SS plan would support this.
however ther is no doubt that cycles can be seriously disturbed in the earlydays .
Either non-stop bleeding or missed periods. But it will self-rectify within a few cycles.

I'm on cycle day 33 of a usual 28 day cycle .. grrr.. I wish it would turn up

poor Roosters..hang in there.

The other side of this coin is the effect of lowering body fat (ie losing weight) on female hormones in general.
They are v fat soluble.. less fat means less hormone locked up.

this is part of the reason why fertility can improve.
The other notable one is facial hair. Obese women are much more prone. Get back to normal weight & it should improve too.:)

Nobody uses the cap any more, I think, but if so don't forget that a weight loss or gain of only 7 lbs needs a re-fit - oops!

Hooray! It's lovely being old - no periods, and body hair virtually disappears.....

Shame!..I had great fun with my cap when I was young.

Can't vouch for the lack of hair...my main problem at present is memory disappearance. I left a message for new client y'day apologising for not calling as promised of Fri. She reported that I had rung.:eek:. Still have no memory of it. It was a hectic week, but still......

Shame!..I had great fun with my cap when I was young.

Can't vouch for the lack of hair...my main problem at present is memory disappearance. I left a message for new client y'day apologising for not calling as promised of Fri. She reported that I had rung.:eek:. Still have no memory of it. It was a hectic week, but still......

One day I may work out how to multiquote but tonight's not it....

"Fun", Jane? As in: "Hold that thought, Big Boy, while I go in the bathroom for half an hour, trying to catch a rubber flying saucer as it bounces off the bath, walls, carpet and finally into the loo, scattering gunk as it goes."

And "memory"? I now need to take a photo of each new client...if only I could remember where I'd left the camera....

"Fun", Jane? As in: "Hold that thought, Big Boy, while I go in the bathroom for half an hour, trying to catch a rubber flying saucer as it bounces off the bath, walls, carpet and finally into the loo, scattering gunk as it goes."

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Fab description, I can see the bathroom now, with you on hands & knees sorting out the mess with a handful of loo paper.

Probably TMI but I either had in installed ready (ever the optimist) or placement could be delegated (though I still did the quality control).
IMO less silly than fighting to open the pack, tearing it with your teeth, then fearing you've ripped the whole thing. Putting it on to find a great ballon of air at the top despite using the correct technique & trying not to weep with mirth. :eek:

And "memory"? I now need to take a photo of each new client...if only I could remember where I'd left the camera....

Funny you should say this...I was tempted to do the 'wow you must have LOADS of clients. (well I'm sure you have) but I emailed a woman on Mon to apologise for not giving her her day 3 phone call on the Sat, only to be told that I had rung her as promised.:eek:
Then the next morning I got in the bath 5 mins before a client was due (having mis read my own diary).

Proper professional CDC's don't EVER do this do they?

ps multi quoting is easy (or it used to be) just run down the posts clicking on the inverted commas of those you with to quote. then click post reply & they're all there ready for you.
Recently It's stopped working like that & I have to click & back page for each til I've collected them all.then post reply
I

[/quote]The other side of this coin is the effect of lowering body fat (ie losing weight) on female hormones in general.They are v fat soluble.. less fat means less hormone locked up.[/quote]

That's jolly clever - I didn't know that. Thanks.

Funny you should say this...I was tempted to do the 'wow you must have LOADS of clients. (well I'm sure you have) but I emailed a woman on Mon to apologise for not giving her her day 3 phone call on the Sat, only to be told that I had rung her as promised.:eek:
Then the next morning I got in the bath 5 mins before a client was due (having mis read my own diary). Proper professional CDC's don't EVER do this do they?

Oh yes they do - all too often! Well this one does, and I only see between 7 and 10 clients a day (first appointment gets an hour; subsequent ones 30 mins, always individually), so I can't imagine how some Counsellors manage to recognise who's coming through the door when they see lots in a couple of hours.

ps multi quoting is easy (or it used to be) just run down the posts clicking on the inverted commas of those you with to quote. then click post reply & they're all there ready for you.
Recently It's stopped working like that & I have to click & back page for each til I've collected them all.then post reply
I

Ooh - it IS easy(ish) - thank you, Cleverclogs....seems to be working "like that" tonight. (Except I now have to work out the different colours and fonts....)

And re post #12 (much easier than multi-quoting this time), that woman with the pingpong ball on Graham Norton had nothing on me, so I'm deeply impressed by both your optimism at the end of a long day and your imaginitive delegation of placement - not too sure how that would have gone down *smirk* in our house, though....

Multi quoting:Ooh - it IS easy(ish) - thank you, Cleverclogs....seems to be working "like that" tonight. (Except I now have to work out the different colours and fonts....)[/quote]
stands to reason it's easy or a simple minded old fart like me couldn't have worked out how to do it.
For colours click on the arrow on the R of the big letter A in the middle of the toolbar above.

And re post #12 (much easier than multi-quoting this time), that woman with the pingpong ball on Graham Norton had nothing on me, so I'm deeply impressed by both your optimism at the end of a long day and your imaginitive delegation of placement - not too sure how that would have gone down *smirk* in our house, though....
well..as I said it WAS a very long time ago. these days theres v little optimism & more slinking off early to get to sleep.

Back