CD and TTC?

zoey84

Hi guys

Not sure if anyone can help...

I really want to start CD, i tried it a few months ago but never really gave it 100% but really want too. My only problem is that my partner and I are currently trying for a baby, and have been for a couple of years. I have a condition called PCOS where basically I do not ovulate.

I have heard that CD can stop you from ovulating and as i dont need any help in this department, it worries me a bit!

Does anyone know if this is true, or have an experience with this at all?

Thanks

Zoe x

I did CD last year for 3 weeks (personal reasons prevented me from continuing) within 1 month of coming off I fell pregnant. Sadly I lost the pregnancy. I was having unprotected sex with my DH for 4 years with no hint of a pregnancy before so I believe that CD will help you concieve rather than hinder.

Bear in mind though that you MUST come off CD once you find out you are pregnant it is not designed for 2.

Best thing is do is do CD, lose a couple of stone then try to concieve,

Good Luck and loads of baby dust!!!

Hi Nicky - Thanks for the reply and sorry to hear about your loss :( trying for a baby is such a mind field that don't want to add further complications that I do not need too, good to know that you think it may help though, thanks for the advice x

CD really does 'unofficially' improve your chances of getting pregnant.

I list it as a side effect and tell people to be extra cautious with contraception whilst on the diet if they don't want babes :)

Back