CD and very early pregnancy

Kangy

Hi all! It's a long time since I've been here - about a year, I think. A bit of background - I was on and off CD for a while, did really well initially then around this time last year became so demoralised with my inability to stay on it I decided to move completely away from it. I got to 17st 10lbs last summer, decided enough was enough and cut right down on what I was eating and started doing more exercise. Long shot, by the beginning of May I had lost 4 stone.

Anyhow, I decided that Cambridge could be the way to go again now, as I only have around another 2/3 stone to go (I don't have a specific target as I don't know where I'll be comfortable at!) I started again on Tues just gone, so have just hit ketosis and am feeling good about doing this again.

Anyhow, here's the point! I have been seeing this guy for a while, we got on really well, however he's had to go back to London to work and split us up because of this (or at least this is the reason he gave me, though I have no reason to doubt it). We weren't the most sensible while together :ashamed0005:. My period arrived a week early this month, and was shorter then usual. Today I have just done a pregnancy test and it was very faintly positive - there was def something, but if a medical professional looked they'd probably say no kind of thing. I will do another test in the morning - after all, if I am then it will be clearer, if I'm not it won't be! There's a chance I've had an early miscarriage I expect, with the early bleeding, and of course the possibility that I misread the test. Anyhow, until I know for sure, how safe am I on CD? My CDC is away this weekend so I can't ask her, but considering that I will know, I expect, tomorrow morning for sure will another day on CD be ok? I don't want to come out of keotosis on a very faint might not really be real line! Equally, even though I have no idea what any decision would be if I am pregnant, I don't want to put any risk on a pregnancy.

So am I safe for another day? And also, I don't want to undo my work over the last few days, if I am pregnant am I ok to do a quick re-feed over a few days, so I don't put back on what I've lost, and what would be a good way to do that?

Thanks guys!

K xx

Someone once told me, there's no such thing as a faint positive....if it shows even remotely positive, then it IS positive. I'd suggest buying another test and double checking the result.
Cant help with the CD part of it, but hope my other input is helpful.

I was just going to say same as Jabba. There is no such thing as a false positive because of the hormones that only come with being pregnant but there is often a false negative with home testing. Sorry i cant help with the CD bit either, can you phone your CDC?

Hi - I would get one of those digital tests that clearly tells you "pregnant" or "not pregnant". That way you don't have to worry about whether you can see a line or not.

I wouldn't want to advise one way or other but I can't see how one extra day on CD will make a difference. I got pregnant just before my honeymoon and didn't realise until half way through. The amount of coctails and champagne I went through those first few days I was shocked that my DS didn't 'come out pickled lol!

If I was in your situation I'd get another test straight away so that you know for sure...

Hi guys - thanks for the input! I've heard the "a line is a line is a line!" thing before - it's just that I'm not sure, if I'd shown it to someone else, if they'd have seen it! Thing is I was trying for my second baby for years which involved lots of obsessive pregnancy testing, so I know there was def something because I have had many where there was def nothing despite looking under every available light source! :rolleyes:

I will get another test this morning and not drink so much before doing it. I will let you know!

Kangy I was an obsessive tester for a long time and learnt to see lots of faint lines that my friend just could not see in real life-most of the time they were just where the antibody strip was, sometimes it was a very early pregnancy that didn't take ....if you want to , you can send me a pic of the test and I'll see if I can see what you're seeing :)

Last edited:
Let us know how you get on Kangy.

If the results come through that you are pregnant, I really hope your boyfriend will be supportive. Keep smiling hun.

Big Hugs x x x

Kangy I was an obsessive tester for a long time and learnt to see lots of faint lines that my friend just could not see in real life-most of the time they were just where the antibody strip was, sometimes it was a very early pregnancy that didn't take ....if you want to , you can send me a pic of the test and I'll see if I can see what you're seeing :)

Hi - yeah, I was obsessive (the TTC for a second is now 4 and a half year old twin boys!!) which is why I am quite positive there was a line - I will try and photo it and post it!

Emma - I hope he's supportive too! However trying not to think about that til I know for sure. :confused:

Will let you know!

Could be an evaporation line...? I used clearblue digital, and I was impatient, testing 4 days before my period was even due. It detected it and clearly said "pregnant". I would stick to your shakes and test again with a digital test.

Could be an evaporation line...? I used clearblue digital, and I was impatient, testing 4 days before my period was even due. It detected it and clearly said "pregnant". I would stick to your shakes and test again with a digital test.

Hi - I did wonder that, but I think evap lines are clourless aren't they? Or a grey colour? Which I don't think this one was. I am just off out to get another test!

I've had evap lines that had a smidgen of colour before(I was testing before I even ovulated to see if I could trust the results LOL)I got the earliest clear line with a First Response and a CB digital.

Don't keep wasting money on tests. Give it another day or so then test again. Regardless of the test and how much they cost, if you are pregnant it will show, even on the cheap ones. Stay focussed on the diet and decide when you know for sure.

Good luck!

In these very early days of 'suspected' pregnancy (imo the small period could of been an implantation bleed...???) staying on the diet will have no ill effects on the foetus, however once that line is there and strongly positive then you should begin eating a sensible healthy high protein diet. The nutrients in the shakes are enough exactly for your body - but not if your body is sustaining another life too... :)

I hope this helps & I hope you get the result you want hun! ;)

debs xx

Back