• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

CD and Vitamins

claire1

Silver Member
i was wandering the same...i know our packs contain 100% RDA of vitamins & minerals but can it do us any harm to take a multi vitamin every day as well.

No, don't there's no point.

Your body can only absorb so much of certain vitamins so it will go straight through you. Also, too much of some vitamins isn't healthy.

Because the shakes/soups etc offer 100% RDA you have no need to take a vitamin xxxx

Yes I agree Claire. Not only that but recently my GP has recommended a couple of vitamins to me because I seem to pick up every little thing going lately. I can't ask my CDC because he is on holiday.

Fingers crossed someone will come along that knows :)

Ah we must have cross posted BG sorry. What you say makes perfect sense. He has suggested that I take B, C and Omega 3, do you think I've no need to take these still then?

Well, omega oils are found in your brain more than anywhere else, and you've made it this far without adding it! I feel like a lot of people rave about omega 3, just because it's "in" these days. As a veggie, I seriously worry about RDA of vits and minerals cos I have to eat pure protein sources, and so used to eat a handful of omega seeds per day.

While you're on SS, I wouldn't waste your money on vits, but start looking into the right ones to take when you're done.

Look for one that contains a prebiotic or probiotic too as this really helps digestion! Also cures me of bad skin :)

Nah, just picked up a lot of info from those in the know! I've been on minis since i started CD last year, shame i didnt stick to it eh?!

Nevermind, my useless information comes in handy sometimes xx