CD Buddies

Hi LoveLoveyy,

I just started CD on step 2 last Wednesday and I'm in London too :)

Need a buddy? Day19 17lbs down, 16lbs to goal!

Hi all I am on day 17 of Cambridge and lost 17 pounds so far.. (doing SS/Ss+) I'm 25 and looking to stop yo-yo-ing once and for all.. I tried the diet before but didn't stick with it properly and only lasted about 3-4 weeks which is such a waste when thats the hard part over!!! Would love if there is anyone else who has just started recently and perhaps has similar goals.... I aim to be 8stone10 (size 10 as im only 5foot2.5)... finding the shakes enjoyable and doing well so far.... Need to start 810 soon. This site is really good I been reading all the recipes! hope everyone else is doing well,*

Lara

Hello!
How much do you have to lose? What's your starting weight?

Hi LoveLoveyy,

I just started CD on step 2 last Wednesday and I'm in London too :)

great shall we do this togerther? are you able to message me? then we can keep in touch via msn and lose this weight!! im so excited. im going to start on friday. i want to lose about 3 stones

Hi I'm not sure if tht question was to me hehe I'm new to the site! My start weight was 11st1 and I have 33lbs to lose! 17off so far though :) how r u getting on and what's your goals

Lara1986 said:
Hi I'm not sure if tht question was to me hehe I'm new to the site! My start weight was 11st1 and I have 33lbs to lose! 17off so far though :) how r u getting on and what's your goals

Sorry - I wasn't very clear! But yes - I was talking to you!

Wow! You'll be done in no time. How are you finding it so far?

I'm short too - just 5ft!
I'm currently 12st 1lb. I hoping to lose at least another 3st. I'm down 61lb so far I started at 16st 6lb!

I'm a shorty too! On day 2 and almost complete! I'd like to lose 20 pounds if possible by end of December. If I stick to SS I think it will be possible having done it before. However, my back up plan is SS+ on the days I find myself wavering. One day ata time.

Kira said:
I'm a shorty too!

There's a lot of us around!

Well done on getting to day 2. You've definitely got time to hit your goal!

Hi CDers!

Hi Ladies,

I am also doing Cambridge and am a yoyo-dieter.

I was overweight for 13 years and lost between 4 and 5 stone in 2008 on a VLCD. I kept it off for sometime, then stopped exercising and began regaining at a couple of pounds a month. I gained over 1/2 back before I started on CD last Janaury.

I went with SS for a couple of weeks to jump start my losses, then I went on CD810/1000. It took me four months to get back to a bmi of 25 -- then I held my own whilst on holiday, got back and switched to WW... only I did not stick with it for more than a couple of weeks.

So, since June I have regained almost all I lost this year! *sigh* I am trying to use the CD810/1000 -- but it is slow going, so I am seriously considering using sole source for a few weeks at least.

I have about 2 to 2 1/2 stone to lose.

Ha I worked out that you cant send PMs until you have a certain no. of posts...;. Im new too! On day 19 of cambridge - how are you all doing? I also did it once in Feb/March this year but quit after a month which was such a stupid thing to have done after all the hard work of SS! Definitely work through the steps xx

Sorry - I wasn't very clear! But yes - I was talking to you!

Wow! You'll be done in no time. How are you finding it so far?

I'm short too - just 5ft!
I'm currently 12st 1lb. I hoping to lose at least another 3st. I'm down 61lb so far I started at 16st 6lb!

Hey!! Ha I wasn't sure for some reason! JUst getting usedto the site lay out!!

I really want to use Cambridge to really crack my unhealthy relationship with food once and for all!! Yo yo dieting is just such a waste of time and energy and ultimately Fs up our bodies!!

Anyway back to the point- I really like Cambridge- I have good n bad days I was 100% focused for first two weeks but last few days I have been really craving food. To be honest though I give it a minute thought and think na its no big deal and I ask myself can you carry on doing this easily? Do you enjoy the meals? And the answer is yes!!

How are you getting on???

DO you tell peopleoutside of here about the diet? I keep it very quiet and only told my mum!! So its really nice to see everyone talking about it and supporting eachother here!

hope all is going well :)

Hi Ladies,

I am also doing Cambridge and am a yoyo-dieter.

I was overweight for 13 years and lost between 4 and 5 stone in 2008 on a VLCD. I kept it off for sometime, then stopped exercising and began regaining at a couple of pounds a month. I gained over 1/2 back before I started on CD last Janaury.

I went with SS for a couple of weeks to jump start my losses, then I went on CD810/1000. It took me four months to get back to a bmi of 25 -- then I held my own whilst on holiday, got back and switched to WW... only I did not stick with it for more than a couple of weeks.

So, since June I have regained almost all I lost this year! *sigh* I am trying to use the CD810/1000 -- but it is slow going, so I am seriously considering using sole source for a few weeks at least.

I have about 2 to 2 1/2 stone to lose.

I can relate to that yo-yoing.... I have been everything from 6 stone to 12 stone in the last 8 years and I have always lost and gained way too quick. But I have never actually worked through the steps on Cambridge, so I really hope this is it this time! I dont know about you but I put so many things on hold in my life while im in a fat phase (the latest of which seems to be lasting 2 years!!!) - that means going out hardly ever,or when I do go out being quiet and hiding and leaving early. Anyyyyyway I just wanted to say you lost an amazing amount once and you can 100% do it again. You clearly have brilliant willpower.

Regaining the weight must not be an option though - lets get this off FOREVER! I really think going through SS is a once in a lifetime thing - do it once and you shouldnt ever have to do something to that extent again, unless its maybe the odd week after a gain or something!

anyway all the best xx

I'm a shorty too! On day 2 and almost complete! I'd like to lose 20 pounds if possible by end of December. If I stick to SS I think it will be possible having done it before. However, my back up plan is SS+ on the days I find myself wavering. One day ata time.

Hey fellow shorty!!!

Keep up the good work, you can definitely reach that goal, I have another 16 pounds to go so a similar amount left! And I do SS (3 packs) but some days when I need it I have a 4th or some days I have 3 packs and skimmed milk or some days 4 packs and milk! Seems to work well if you like to have an emergency plan! I often say to myself ok if you really need more then have a 4th shake in a n hour, then I go do my hair or something and to be honest im happy with a cup of tea by the time Im back tohave it! Hopefully long term we can apply that to food and say that with say a choccie biccie (sorry to mention foods while SS ing lol) and say yes you can have it but distract yourself and come back later and see if you really did want it!

anyway all the best x

I can relate to that yo-yoing.... I have been everything from 6 stone to 12 stone in the last 8 years and I have always lost and gained way too quick.

6 stone! That is a bit too thin, isn't it? what a weight range. Double! You are at a healthy weight, so now it is just to fine a middle ground that looks and feels good that you can maintain.

But I have never actually worked through the steps on Cambridge, so I really hope this is it this time!

Me, neither -- but I plan to do so. Have you hard of Beck's Diet Solution? It is a book using Cognitive Behavourial Therapy and I used to to stick to my plan Janauary through April -- and It is only when I let go of Beck and moved to WW that I lost the plot.

I dont know about you but I put so many things on hold in my life while im in a fat phase (the latest of which seems to be lasting 2 years!!!) - that means going out hardly ever,or when I do go out being quiet and hiding and leaving early.

Anyyyyyway I just wanted to say you lost an amazing amount once and you can 100% do it again. You clearly have brilliant willpower.

Thanks!

Regaining the weight must not be an option though - lets get this off FOREVER! I really think going through SS is a once in a lifetime thing - do it once and you shouldn't ever have to do something to that extent again, unless its maybe the odd week after a gain or something!

Exactly -- I do not want to SS long-term again as it screws up your metabolism.I already have a low metabolic rate (as do most short people over 40).

So, I need up my FITNESS!

anyway all the best xx

Thanks for your support. You know you can lose the weight... so, let's do that and then learn how to keep it off.

Mel

Ha I worked out that you cant send PMs until you have a certain no. of posts...;. Im new too! On day 19 of cambridge - how are you all doing? I also did it once in Feb/March this year but quit after a month which was such a stupid thing to have done after all the hard work of SS! Definitely work through the steps xx

wow im glad you back, i havent started yet im new to this but i am going to start on Friday maybe we can message each other for motivation :)

I'm not able to send messages yet as I'm still new to the site :(
You can add me on facebook or get my hotmail email from my jewellery page I think I'm allowed to post that here ; www.facebook.com/kristinasjewellery
It will be under contact info x

Lara, Minimel I comletely relate to what you both say in your posts!
I have never worked the CD plans even when I lost the weight first time around in 2008 and was very close to target. Second time, I just started eating like I did before and of course spent 2010 overweight and getting bigger.

I have decided Christmas day I will have turkey and veg and no carbs and no alcohol and continue with SS until new year's eve when I will have a small amount of carbs so I can have a glass or two of champagne. I am hoping I can achieve a 20 pound loss by new year's eve. I then plan to continue on SS or like you Lara SS+ of I need to as I want to achieve my ultimate goal and get to 8st 7 which is right for my height and build.

Interesting how weight differs in shorties like us to achieve a dress size. For example my friend is a shorty but her size 12 means she weights 10st 4lb yet for me being that weight still makes me a size 14! It must have something to do with bones and build not just fat surely?

Day 3! Hope to succeed and I hope you do too! Roll on 31 Dec when we can see the new year in weighing less than we did!

I like your plans Kira -- and height makes so much difference. I am currently a tight UK14 and am 5'4" and am 11 stone something atm. I should weigh no more than 138 (9.5 stone) and 133 is even better.

I wish I were two inches taller! It would make the difference between being ok or overweight on those charts and BMI!! I do think those charts are a guide really because I carry so much fat on my bum, tum and thighs yet I small on the shoulders and have relatively slim legs. So it isn't the actual weight that bothers me it is my dress/jean size.

Having said that there is a huge difference in sizes in the shops and also from 5-10 year ago (ok showing my age) as all my old clothes seem much smaller than the size 10 and 12's today!!! I wish the clothing manufacturing industry would label sizes properly!

Back