CD Craft Club!

Krissykat

Gold Member
Hi everyone! A few of us have got together to think of a way to keep distracted from food so we've decided to start this craft club.

Crafters of all kinds are welcome to join :)

We will post a new theme every Monday, the idea is to create something within a fortnight to share.

I was thinking anyone who is interested could suggest a theme and we will chose one at random to make it fair.

If you are interested pop a post up with a suggested theme and the chosen theme will be announced on Monday!

EDIT:

Due to work & general life commitments we have decided to make this a place for sharing our craftiness without a weekly limit on creating something.
Post your makes, tutorials, ask for help/hints etc :)

Last edited:
Hello lovely, and yes, I'm in! I dabble in lots of crafty things, I've had some knitting and crochet books for Christmas so my suggestion would be "Try something new". I guess it doesnt have to be a new craft, but could be a new stitch, new pattern, new design? What do you think? It would be lovely to make some crafty as well as CD Friends on here. Its definately a good way to keep away from food

Kay x

Sounds like a fab Idea, I got a new sewing book too with lotsa gorgeous patterns I would like to try x

Yay! My suggestion is also something new as ill be new year :) <3 my usual crafts are sewing and quilting so thinking of branching out anyways! This'll be fun :)

I need to make oodles of bunting and some table runnersI need to get my sewing machine serviced and learn how to use it! Trouble is I couldn't commit to making something specific every week - I have to make things that are associated with my business - the joy of being self employed!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oooh i do love making bunting :) and made a rather lovely table runner for xmas :)

Well I've started on my knitting - following a tutorial on you tube I can now cast on! I've stitch two rows and feel very pleased with myself!

Totally understand we cant start something new each week, maybe it's just a place to share, ask for support or just show off our makings? I know when I made a quilt in the past that took lots of work so wouldn't be anywhere near finished in a week.

Oh god yeah, i was thinking more like a small project each week, like a cushion cover or something, the quilts ive done have taken a while! X

I have a quilt I need to make but haven't even gotten round to cutting the squares yet I'm dreading it so much!

I have been busy making some bits tonight all for a cheshire car costume for my party on NYE. I've made adjustments to a corset, painted purple stripes on a bright pink pair of shoes, made a giant plastic smile necklace and I'm thinking of making a pink & purple tutu to go along with it, thats something I've never done!

Wow that.sounds like a fab outfit!! Pics will be needed lol! Xxx

Just posted some in my Diary :D

So, stupidly I went to bed and left my knitting with the cats.......this morning there was wool everywhere but on my needles.

Valuable lesson learnt.

Its all tangled an twisted so until I get to buy some more I'm going to head for the crochet kit to keep me away from the kitchen/fridge/food or anything remotely edible.

How are you doing today crafty ladies?

Aw no!! Ive made the same mistake with some gorgeous liberty cotton! I left it out and my youngest took a felt tip to it!!! I have a blaring headache so am seeping in the bath with some water and lovely stuff from lush :) looking forward to deciding a theme on Monday :-D

I made some lovely patchwork with liberty cotton, tana dawn? It was lovely to use. Wish I could show you some pics but I cant post on here.

I have given up on crochet. Neither me or my 13 year old step son can work out the instructions!

I really want to try crochet, i think once you master it you can mame some gorgeous things! I may have to go scouting round the bingo halls and find someone to teach me lol!

I've had some books on knitting and crochet for christmas and the patterns are stunning, but my fingers are rubbish! I will try again this weekend. Surely it cant be beyond the realms of possibility that I will be able to at least make a croched dish cloth (which seems to be the thing that most of the books are suggesting you start with).....but I dont want a croched dishcloth!!!

Hmmm, so I am also addicted to crafty web sites and those on facebook. I love seeing what other people are making and dreaming of the day I have time to complete some of the projects.

My new favorite is craft gossip Crafts | DIY and Handmade Ideas - CraftGossip.com you can sign up to emails and some of the ideas are fab, its definately worth a look

Kay x

Oooh super, i adore craft creeping and looking at other peoples stuff, so inspiring!! Will have a nosey at the link! Xx

I found a little old lady to teach me to knit but I would still really like to crochet. You can make some brill things like little animals etc, don't think I'd be able to teach myself that though!

Cut Out + Keep | Make and share step-by-step craft tutorials is another good craft site to have a nose at :)

Me and the bf were up til 3am last night putting all the decorations up for our alice in wonderland party. We made card bunting, giant card structures, cut out teacups and tea pots to make a tea party on our kitchen wall, little shot glasses with drink me on them and cupcakes with popping candy sprinkles! I'll try to upload some piccys later today.

Wow krissy, that sounds awesome!!! Im excited on yr behalf! Are you sticking to cd tonight or taking it off? Im gunna be good and stick to sparkling water and a small bottle of coke zero!

Think I may still have a lil drinky tonight, I'm going to have vanilla vodka with co-op cheap sugar free coke (its one of the only fizzys that uses sucralose sweetners so better than diet coke!). But I'm going to have a glass of water in between drinks to break it up abit. Not sure what to eat to bring me out of CD that won't be TOO bad though

Back