My Exante Diary

Hi Alecto,

Thank you for your tips I like the variety with Exante and there seems to be lots of choices. On Cambridge I found I only had 5 products that I liked so was starting to get a bit dull. I have only ordered shakes and bars at the moment. I found on Cambridge that I didn’t like anything that had to be warmed up because if I didn’t like it I couldn’t eat it fast if that makes sense! With a shake if you don’t like it you can drink it fast but with warmed up foods it takes longer. I have had a couple of the bars and they are quite nice. How much water do you drink a day? Xx

Hello 👋 I’ve just signed up to the forum (a first for me!) and I am starting my exante in the morning! I have had the products for a week but have deliberately delayed starting until I had a clear month and can become a bit of a recluse while I adjust.

I’ve around 7 stone to lose, I’ve put on over 5 stone in the last 5 years after the sudden loss of my sister, I guess I used food to comfort myself and in that 5 year period I think I am single handily responsible for at least 75% of Pringle’s profits ( personal record was two full tubes in one sitting 😬) 🙈😂

I’m really looking forward to starting and so ready to claim myself back! Good to find someone just starting too, good luck to us! X

Hi and welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. Its so easy to get into bad eating habits when you are going through hard times but like you said its time to claim back yourself.

We are starting on virtually the same weight so it will be good to cheer each other on.

Good luck with your first day today. I won't pretend it was easy but once you get past through those first couple of days it gets easier. I'm on day 4 and the best advice I has on my first day was to drink plenty of water. Drink, drink and then drink some more. Its a pain on the loo visit front but hopefully it will help the fat fall off.

Good luck to us.

Hi All,

I have just started Exante after following the Cambridge plan. My consultant has quit and no more in my area so decided to try Exante fingers crossed I continue to lose weight.

Good luck to everyone following this plan any tips or favourite products you want to share please do xx

Good luck on your new journey with Exante. I've only been doing it a few days and so far I haven't found anything totally awful. The shakes have all been great, the bars are good especially the caramel bar. I'm not so keen on the choc/mint cookie, tastes ok but is hard going. The hot meals are also ok, slightly bland but I just add some seasoning and they are more than edible.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. Its so easy to get into bad eating habits when you are going through hard times but like you said its time to claim back yourself.

We are starting on virtually the same weight so it will be good to cheer each other on.

Good luck with your first day today. I won't pretend it was easy but once you get past through those first couple of days it gets easier. I'm on day 4 and the best advice I has on my first day was to drink plenty of water. Drink, drink and then drink some more. Its a pain on the loo visit front but hopefully it will help the fat fall off.

Good luck to us.

Yes, good luck to us indeed! I’m doing ok so far on day one... have felt hubrfry at times but just had a big glass of water and it’s kept me going fine, not even missing my fizzy juice as much as I thought I would either. I took my ‘before’ pictures so they are kept in a safe place, certainly motivation!!!

I have ordered some more product today to kee me focused, order some of the meal pots etc. I’m a vegetarian so I’m conscious that if things get tricky I can’t have lean meats etc to see me through so that’s a worry... will have to get a plan in place for that I think xx

Yes, good luck to us indeed! I’m doing ok so far on day one... have felt hubrfry at times but just had a big glass of water and it’s kept me going fine, not even missing my fizzy juice as much as I thought I would either. I took my ‘before’ pictures so they are kept in a safe place, certainly motivation!!!

I have ordered some more product today to kee me focused, order some of the meal pots etc. I’m a vegetarian so I’m conscious that if things get tricky I can’t have lean meats etc to see me through so that’s a worry... will have to get a plan in place for that I think xx

Glad your first day is going ok.

Maybe you can have a boiled egg if you're desperate. On my first or 2nd day I was ravenous so I had half of an exante cookie and that got me past it.

Glad your first day is going ok.

Maybe you can have a boiled egg if you're desperate. On my first or 2nd day I was ravenous so I had half of an exante cookie and that got me past it.

Good idea, could have boiled eggs in a cup if it got bad.

Just had my second shake, lemon cheesecake, was delicious!

Hi Alecto,

Thank you for your tips I like the variety with Exante and there seems to be lots of choices. On Cambridge I found I only had 5 products that I liked so was starting to get a bit dull. I have only ordered shakes and bars at the moment. I found on Cambridge that I didn’t like anything that had to be warmed up because if I didn’t like it I couldn’t eat it fast if that makes sense! With a shake if you don’t like it you can drink it fast but with warmed up foods it takes longer. I have had a couple of the bars and they are quite nice. How much water do you drink a day? Xx
I do my best to stay over 3 litres. That is the minimum. I didn't find that difficult if I'm honest. Initially I set myself the 2l goal, right at the start but as I found that still left me a bit dehydrated ive upped it to 3. I think i mustvs had only 1 or 2 days since June, when I started, that I didn't keep to that.

I do my best to stay over 3 litres. That is the minimum. I didn't find that difficult if I'm honest. Initially I set myself the 2l goal, right at the start but as I found that still left me a bit dehydrated ive upped it to 3. I think i mustvs had only 1 or 2 days since June, when I started, that I didn't keep to that.

Hi Alecto,
Yes I found 2 litres left me with a headache so I try to have 3/3.5 litres. Really hungry today but did a gym session this morning will just have more water! Xx

So 5 days in and feeling ok!

Today I have been so cold. I had a shake for breakfast and then the spag bol which was nicer than expected. Then this evening to fight the coldness I have been feeling I decided on the spaghetti carb. Oh my goodness, it is honestly the most vile thing I have ever tried. I did try to persevere but after two mouthfuls I couldn't take anymore. That stuff is like food from hell.

My dog is also on a diet and after listening to her constant whining at me whilst trying to eat this disgusting bowl of slime, she was rewarded with it and eat it heartily as though she hadn't eaten in a week. I then indulged myself with the chocolate gooey pudding, which wasn't really gooey as promised by the pictures on the website but was a vast improvement over the slime.

Anyway feeling kind of tired today after a busy weekend so I think it'll be a raging hot shower and an early night.

Hope you've all had a good day.

Aww bless you what a day you have had!

I am always cold too I just keep the thermostat to hand and have lots of throws on the sofa to snuggle under!

I only go for the shakes in the hope that if I don’t like it I can drink it fast! Although I find the bars on Exante really nice maybe too nice.

I hope you enjoy your meals tomorrow xx

Morning all

Hope you're having a good week.

So today is weigh day and after 7 days I have lost 8lbs.

Maybe not as much as some in week 1 but I'll take it! I have too be honest its been a struggle and the last 2 days I haven't followed the plan as I found it really hard when I was out with clients and they ordered in food or wanted to take me to lunch.

What I did do though was adopt sensible eating and stuck within an 8 hour window as IF was something that worked for me in the past.

I've been doing some serious thinking and reading more about IF and limiting bites (things like the 5 & 80 bite diet) but I don't want to feel like I've failed on my Exante journey and I am determined to keep on going. So I am going to try and week of IF and 5:2 / 4:3 using my shakes and then sensible eating in my 8 hour window on other days.

Morning all

Hope you're having a good week.

So today is weigh day and after 7 days I have lost 8lbs.

Maybe not as much as some in week 1 but I'll take it! I have too be honest its been a struggle and the last 2 days I haven't followed the plan as I found it really hard when I was out with clients and they ordered in food or wanted to take me to lunch.

What I did do though was adopt sensible eating and stuck within an 8 hour window as IF was something that worked for me in the past.

I've been doing some serious thinking and reading more about IF and limiting bites (things like the 5 & 80 bite diet) but I don't want to feel like I've failed on my Exante journey and I am determined to keep on going. So I am going to try and week of IF and 5:2 / 4:3 using my shakes and then sensible eating in my 8 hour window on other days.

Well done 8lbs is really good!

I have never heard of the 5 and 80 bite diet is it new? I am going to do the 5:2 /4:3 diet once I get to 11 stone hopefully I will lose my last half a stone on that then find which I need to follow to maintain. Good luck whatever you decide to do going forward. The important thing to remember is that you are doing something whether it be Exante or IF you have to do what works for you. xx

Well done 8lbs is really good!

I have never heard of the 5 and 80 bite diet is it new? I am going to do the 5:2 /4:3 diet once I get to 11 stone hopefully I will lose my last half a stone on that then find which I need to follow to maintain. Good luck whatever you decide to do going forward. The important thing to remember is that you are doing something whether it be Exante or IF you have to do what works for you. xx

Thank you, I'm happy with my loss, although I'm sure if I move to 5:2 I might gain back some of the water weight this week. Moving to 5:2 for the last bit of weight and to maintain is a good idea.

I think the 5 bite diet came out in 2012. It was designed by a bariatric surgeon for his patients pre-surgery to get them used to what eating would be like once they had surgery but it was so successful many didn't then have the surgery. Basically you can have 5 bites of anything twice per day. Extreme and probably not for me.

The 80 bite is similar but you have up to 80 bites per day. They advise counting your number of bites over a few days and then reducing it gradually by 20% until you get to 80 bites. There's a bit more too it but basically it teaches you mindful eating rather than just cramming your face full.

Well you learn something new every day! I had never heard of that before definitely not a diet I fancy trying though.

The water weight will come straight back off if you are still reducing your calories so I wouldn’t worry to much about that.

Good luck and keep us updated with your losses xx

Well done on your loss and strategies you are putting in place! Those do really help with maintenance later on so test and then stick with whatever works best for you.

Back