CD for teenagers?

sbridge7

Silver Member
Hey,
I am new to this forum; I'm 17 and have desperately been trying to lose weight for some time. I'm hoping to start the CD after my 18th birthday, as I need a headstart to help. I currently weigh 15 stone and am planning to stay on the CD for 3 months before I try maintaining. I'm 5 foot 7 so I think 4 stone would be adequate for me, as I plan to go to the gym after I have finished the plan. Everyone keeps saying I'm too young, but I can't take being overweight anymore and need a boost.

There is a girl in my area who is about your age who does CD but she wasn't allowed to do SS. I believe she's either on 1000 or 1200 and her CDC is making her get regular checkups from her Dr and she had to have permission from her Dr before she started.

Were you hoping to lose the 4st in the 3months?

No, I only would like to lose 3 stone and lose the rest by myself or consider being on it for around 4 months.

I think the best thing to do would be to get in touch with a CD in your area, they will talk to you and if they think you should be doing the diet will probably give you a form to take to your doctors as they need to sign off that they know you are doing the diet.

Good luck honey, let us know how you get on... and if you need support, we're here.
xxx

My daughter is 18 and is on SS+.She is at college and finds it pretty easy to stick to.
She suffers from polycystic ovarian syndrome and weight loss is slow but some weeks can loose around 3lb. Her start weight was 19st, she is 5ft 10ins.

I know somene your age doing it too. x x

Thank you so much for you kind replies everyone :) I will definitely look into it and shall hopefully be posting soon x

Back