Cd - pregnant

the calories are too low! it gets you pregnant though :)

then it's 3 months after baby (if you are bottle feeding) that you can do cd again.

i moved up to the 1200 plan initially when i was pregnant but at 6 weeks morning sickness arrived and that was it. i just couldn't face most things!

well both times i've done cd without taking any precautions i've gotten pregnant (we were trying :))

it's all the vits and mins. have you not heard this happening before?

Wow GT I also not heard of this happing before .. Lol good job I'm sterilised then !! It's really news to me

I fell pg 3 times while on this diet and i have pcos lol xx

I always thought it was the low carb element of doing a VLCD that helped with fertility? Because PCOS is often linked to insulin resistance, and doing a low carb diet helps keep your insulin levels nice and stable. I'm sure the vits and minerals help, though!

PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Polycystic-Ovary-Syndrome.htm

L0ckerz said:
Why isit you can't do Cambridge diet if you fall pregnant?

Ketosis can harm a growing fetus, and there is too much vitamin A in the product, which is why pregnancy vitamins don't have it in

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

I want to try for a baby but really want to start CD as I need to loose about 7 stone as I'm very unhappy with my weight, everyone says CD is so hard to do is this true? Xxx

Cd isn't hard !! Believe me I have done it n should soon be a CDC hopefully next year .. I'd say the 1st three days seem harder as u sometimes feel cold , mite get headaches but it's all normal once u pass day 2 n 3 it's heaps good n great losses aswel ... I've many times had da odd days off for special occasions n then got straight bak on!! All u need is WILLPOWER n any thing is possible ... Once u pass first few days u have loads of energy n feeling sooo DAMN good ... I loved my journey on cambridge... N now another 2 weeks I'm at 25 bmi .. But still want to do it for extra few weeks !! I'd say dis diet is the best thing I've done !! Xxx

L0ckerz said:
I want to try for a baby but really want to start CD as I need to loose about 7 stone as I'm very unhappy with my weight, everyone says CD is so hard to do is this true? Xxx

My reason for doing cd is to feel better about myself and get to a healthy Bmi in order to consider trying for a baby, my overall goal is 12:7 which should get me to a Bmi of 28 (so I can train to become a consultant ) then my goal is to aim for a baby.
This diet really does help you tackle demons but you need to ensure you follow the steps.
I have found that when I have come off the diet and eaten I have gone back to eatin my huge portions. You need to ensure you follow the steps to understand portion control. The new range of CD products (ready meals I think it's called eat easy or something like that) helps to control your portions as they are packs of food, which you can keep in the cupboard for a year, much like diet chef ( which I've also tried but got fed up with lol)

If you are seriously considering starting cambridge you need to be in it for the long run. And you need to be prepared to tackle the demons you have. Some people find the diet a piece of Pee, some struggle greatly. It is hard but if you have tried everything else and you see this as your last resort then I personally suggest you give it a go. Yes it's expensive, but if you are seriously unhappy the cost doesn't matter.
You also have your CDC who is there to help you every step of the way, as well as us lot here!!

Good luck if you do decide to join us!

Back