CD sole sourse with 200 cal meal

moggy

Hi,

Last week I did the CD 3 shakes a day but felt auful and went to a new councellor who put me on sole source with 200 cal meal a day added. Has anyone else done this and did it slow down your weight loss? So far am still losing weight and am in a mild ketotic state..it reads pinky purple instead of dark purple. Just wondered as am in day 9 and have been sticking to the specified 200cal meals religiously. I feel like a cheater as they are really filling! x

I'm doing SS+ and have lost 8lb in two weeks. I hope for it to be more but I think 600kcals is enough (or not enough, so to speak) for the body to take in and lose weight. I personally do not want to get to 415kcals.

I've been in mild ketosis but wish for it to be more.

What results did you get on SS??

I have been doing SS+ for 13wks and have lost 53lbs :)

With a week of sole source I lost 8lbs and 2 days on the ss plus I have lost another 2lbs and counting. Will be easier to tell how well its working on weigh day. But exp107 has done amazingly well so looks like it does work. I feel full and am finding it so much better than just the 3 shakes. We should still loose weight as long as we are in ketosis. x

See I don't understand why I am only faintly in ketosis.. I stick to the plan and don't indulge. I don't feel hungry now and have no cravings but the sticks tell me that ketosis is mild with me. Hmmmm strange.

Don't put much stock by ketostix, some people can be in ketosis and never show on the stix, the stix look for ketones in your urine but you only lose ketones in urine if you have an excess of them, you shed ketones in various ways via breath, sweat, urine and if your body is shedding them via other means then there will be less to show in your urine. Hope that makes sense :)

Makes absolute sense as I have been rather active. BUT I don't have bad breath! As I said, I have stopped feeling hungry and don't have cravings any more.

Soz Moggy for stealing your post to talk about me. You may learn something from it though??? *grins*

If you don't feel hungry, have energy etc then you are in ketosis, personally I have never used ketostix there are plenty of other signs to look for that don't cost £6 :D

Edited to add,

I have seen KD (moderator) post before that she never showed on ketostix

Just be glad that you haven't 'cause death breath is boggin' :jelous:

See I don't understand why I am only faintly in ketosis.. I stick to the plan and don't indulge. I don't feel hungry now and have no cravings but the sticks tell me that ketosis is mild with me. Hmmmm strange.

Pink, purple (which means you could be dehydrated), beige. Doesn't matter. As long as you aren't hungry.

CD should only put you in a mild state of ketosis anyway and it wont make any difference when it comes to weight loss anyway.

Oh, and not everyone gets the bad breath...lucky you :D

I have lost all my weight on SS+. I think it's a great diet. Stopped testing for ketosis after week 3 though -- it doesn't seem to make any difference to weight loss tbh. Average weekly weight loss on SS+, after inital losses, is 3lbs with starting at 15 and a half stone. Good luck.

I've been doing ss+ for 15 weeks and have lost 64 lbs. I found it difficult to loose when just doing ss.
Having the meal hasnt changed my weight loss.

Back