CD to Atkins?

I was para regt for 3 years Claire, then transferred to the RAOC to work with computers, not the little ones we have now but Massive Mainframes. :)

Hi Claire

How you getting on now? Any better?

Hi Lexie, completely mixed feelings really.. i thought i immediately started to lose the first couple of days but now i've sts as last week's wi and feel a bit 'blobby' lol.. it feels like fluid retention to me as has gone straight to my lower tummy and thighs/hips. I seem to be yoyo'ing in and out of ketosis all day too. Finally got my book through yesterday though so have been giving it a read. I'm going to give it another go for a week and also hit the gym again this week as didn't go last week so not sure if that made the difference too. It's all very confusing mentally for me at the moment as i'm not quite sure what to do for the best. I have personal safety training to contend with 12/13 june so need to figure out which will give me the most energy.

I'm heading out to the supermarket in a bit but don't really know what to be looking for if i'm honest. I understand the principles of the book but to relate that to reality when it's a completely different way of eating to both the cd and the old normality i just wander round not really knowing what to get or do with the ingredients! x

I found that after about my 2nd week on Induction, after the Atkins flu I was full of energy and raring to go, lot's of good food and so few carbs, it was great!

I've decided to give it a second week and will hit the gym again this week to see if it helps with the fluid etc.

Just had a yummy tea :)

Made the cauli rice, yum yum, will definately be doing that one again! Then made a chicken curry. Bought some new tandorri curry paste stuff, when i read the recipe on it and saw you're meant to marinade it for 8hrs i just thought sod it and bunged a couple tsp's in with the chopped chicken, browned it off with half an onion then added couple tbsp's double cream and allowed to cook down whilst i did the cauli rice. Was yummy! :)

Finally managed to get some cream of tartar too so will be giving the oopsies a go either later on or tomorrow too, cant wait! x

Reactions: Jim
Looks like you're really getting into this Claire. :)

Ugh, well after that yummy tea last night i really paid for it afterwards! :9529::sign0137:

Went to see a friend to look up holidays online and had to leave as had awful bloaty tummy and stomach cramps. By the time i'd driven home i was doubled over in agony! :cry: Really didn't know what to do with myself for the best. So i tried to 'clear it from my system' shall i say.. :rolleyes: Felt a bit better afterwards and slept with a hot water bottle finally afterwards. Today my tummy still feels sore and gripey though.. I guess it's going to take ages to get used to normal foods again following the CD..

Feeling a bit fed up today as really want to get on with it now.. humph.. :confused:

:needhug:

You're not the first person to say they were sick after eating properly again Claire, I suppose it takes the Tummy a while to get used to it. Maybe start of with plain foods like boiled eggs and stuff.

Thanks for the reassurance Jim, nice to know it's i'm not a freak of nature lol! It was horrid, i just didn't know what to do for the best. The pain was like when i had a rumbling appendix a few yrs back and today it does seem to be all on the right side. I'll keep an eye on myself and try to get in at the docs if it's still sore later on.

I'm fine when eating chicken/cheese/tuna salad's but then i've had these whilst doing the CD. Also had the same thing happen overnight sun/mon. Had a BBQ at the parents, just had plain meat and salad but woke up with the sweats, my heart was pounding, pulse racing and felt really sick then. Most bizarre as i could eat anything before starting the CD (get used to eating wierd n wonderful things in the forces as i'm sure you'll know!)..

Oh yes, I've eaten some strange things in my time Claire. :D

Laura thanks for the advice huni.. Have found some Benefibre sachets in the back of the cupboard so just having a sachet now with a large glass of water.. Really need to try to drink more water too, you're so right.

Just made the Oopsies, turned out ok though nothing like i expected. Did 6 in my plastic muffin tray and then one large round one i will cut up into pieces. For dinner i've used the muffin ones as sandwich type things with ham and garlic mayo used as butter. Did two of these with two baby tomatoes, were very filling but also really nice. Feel a bit bloated still and still have the pain but trying all i can to get rid of it. x

Have had king prawn salad for tea with garlic mayo :) Was yummy and at least i know i've had me vegs and along with the fibresure should hopefully be mended soon! If i get hungry later i'll have another oopsie.

How are you this morning Claire?

Feeling much better thanks Jim, stomach's still a little sore on the right hand side but all in all much improved. Back to work today :-( Training all weekend too so pleased to feel better.

Think it must just have been the spice too quick.. x

That's good news, and yes I suspect it was the spice as well. :)

Back