cd trifle

cherylxx

Silver Member
having done cd twice in the past i thought, since there are so many newcomers to the site, i would share with u guys the one thing i cant wait to have again when i restart in february.
I used to make a cd trifle.
please click on the link below for the easy to make instructions including pictures.
it is simply delicious for when u fancy something that feels like real food.... in fact i used to fight my family for it. lol

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/46089-chocolate-trifle-pics.html

I just checked out the link -- looks fab. I am going to see if my CDC has the supplies on Monday.

Yum!

MinnieMel

hope u enjoy it as much as i used to and plan to again.
u can use mix a mousse to make the jelly but i dont like it as much as it gives the jelly a frothy top and isnt as wobbly as using the supercook gelatine.
a word of warning though, it makes a LARGE serving which is classed as ONE meal so u need a healthy appetite. feels mega naughty to eat. :D

omg that looks lovely yum yum

just a couple of questions as im relativly new to this and on ss lol are we allowed gelatine sachets? and mixamousse and flavourings on the same day??
really want to make this :D:D

Did someone mention CD and trifle in the same sentence!There used to be lots of CD recipes, tricks and treats..what happened to them? Ok I am going hunting for them in the back posts.

Bella

This looks fab - I was wondering about a vegetarian version, using Vege-Gel instead of pork/beef gelatin. But Vege-Gel contains Dextrose (sugar) as a main ingredient so I doubt it would be allowed on CD =(

hi , i am pretty sure the vegetarian version of gelatine wouldnt be allowed due to the different compound build up in the ingredients.
as per gelatine , the supercook brand of gelatine has the exact same amount ingredients as mix a mousse. the carbs within are almost non existant, same with the calorie content.
i used to have a full trifle virtually every day ( i must add that they are VERY filling so make sure u have the appetite to eat it) plus it has the added benefit of the fact that the water in the jelly is inclusive in the water u have to drink in a day thereby making it a little easier to consume the required amount.
i really hope u enjoy the trifle. its really nice to feel naughty.... even if ur not being :D

Thanks for this receipe Cheryl I think it will be a life saver on those days!!! :eek: when you just need a little something or a big something as it looks filling :)

Back